After long waiting for this complete guide on how to mirror an Android, Windows, iPhone and Mac to a Fire TV we have decided to hit the publish button to let you benefit from it. Both mirroring or casting function in smart devices is now common and we do talk about it every day.
However, how to mirror Android to Fire TV is quite simple with or without using the app and without using a cable. As it is, iPhone user can also cast their phone screen to the Fire TV.
For Windows and Mac users, it may seem impossible to mirror your Windows or macOS computer to your Fire TV but it’s quite possible and in this guide, we will consider how to mirror iPhone to Fire TV to Android, Windows, and how to cast Mac to your Fire TV stick in this step-by-step guide.
So, if there is no compatibility issue with your device, this guide will completely show you how to mirror an Android, Windows, iPhone and Mac to a Fire TV stick at home.
Setup Initial Wireless Settings
You want to connect all your device to the same wireless. It could be a central router or your other wireless device. But the initial setup is to ensure that all the devices including your Android, iPhone, Windows, and Mac are connected to the same wireless [Wi-Fi].
Also, devices that only support 2.4GHz might not work with 5GHz. So, if all the attempts to mirror the device with your Fire TV it may be that the GHz is not supported or below the minimum requirements.
Therefore, before we proceed, follow the steps below to ensure that all the devices are of the same [GHz] brand.
- Switch on your Fire TV
- Highlight and select settings on the homepage. You can find this on the navigation.
- Navigate the page and choose “Network.”
- All available Wi-Fi connections will appear on the screen.
- The network your Fire TV or Firestick is connected to is the one you must connect the device you want to mirror to your Firestick to otherwise it will not work.
Now, confirm the GHz and ensure that both devices connect to the same brand. If you are using 2.4GHz ensure that both devices are connected to the 2.4GHz device otherwise both devices must be connected to 5GHz for the screencasting or mirroring to work.
How to Mirror Android, iPhone, Windows and Mac to Fire TV/Firestick
Once we have created the initial settings to ensure that both devices are connected to the same Wi-Fi and brand [2.4GHz/5GHz] then we can proceed with how to mirror each device with the Fire TV/Firestick.
In summary, we will consider the following now…
- How to mirror Android to Fire TV/Firestick
- How to Mirror iPhone to Fire TV/Firestick
- How to Mirror Windows to Fire TV/Firestick
- How to Mirror Mac to Fire TV/Firestick
Choose the device you want to mirror to your Firestick and follow the direction on how to do it to complete the task.
How to Mirror Android to Fire TV/Firestick
The process to cast or mirror your Android phone to your Firestick/Fire TV is quite easy and simple since the restriction has been removed by Amazon. So, here we will consider how to mirror Android phone to your Amazon Fire TV or Firestick in a step-by-step process.
- Switch on your Amazon Fire TV/Firestick.
- Press and hold the “Home” button on the remote until the Fire TV menu appears.
- Go to “Settings” and select “Enter.”
- Choose “Display & Sounds” in the TV settings menu.
- In the menu choose “Enable Displaying Mirror.”
- A new screen will appear waiting to receive the device to mirror. Leave the screen unclosed so that your mirroring device can identify the TV.
- Swipe down your Android notification tray and select “Mirror or Screencast or cast” depending on the function that is available on the TV.
- Let the Android phone start searching for the available device to mirror.
- Click on the name of the Fire TV or Firestick.
If the name is correct the Firestick screen that is waiting for the connecting will instantly connect to your phone and all activities on your phone will be transferred to your Fire TV screen.
For some devices, the cast or mirror or screencast option will not available in the notification tray when you swiped down. For this, go to the phone settings >> Wireless and Bluetooth Connections” >>Connection Devices >> Connection Preferences >> Cast.
You will likely experience this in your Android 11.
How to Mirror iPhone to Amazon Fire TV/Firestick
The process to mirror iPhone to Amazon Firestick/Fire TV is a bit technical, unlike the way it is on Android. This doesn’t imply that how to mirror iPhone to Fire TV is not possible but it requires extra work compared to Android devices.
While we will still go ahead and show what works here we will like to spite it that to mirror iOS to Fire TV requires more tasks compared to Android.
Therefore, to mirror your iPhone and Firestick just follow the steps below.
- Switch on your Fire TV, highlight and select the search box.
- Search for “AirScreen” and select the app from the search suggestions.
- Click on the “Get” button to download and install the AirScreen app on your Fire TV.
- Launch the AirScreen app on Fire TV and click on “Start Now” or click on “How to Use” to watch a short clip on how to use the AirScreen app to screencast or mirror your iPhone to your Fire TV.
- Select the “AirScreen Settings” and turn on “AirPlay.”
- Go back to the AirScreen app menu and select “Start.”
- Swipe down your iPhone notification screen and select “Screen Mirroring.”
- The iPhone will search for a device with a similar function such as AirPlay or AirCast. Now, select the name of your Fire TV from the list of devices that are available.
Hang on for a couple of seconds for your iPhone to verify the authenticity of the source [your Fire TV]. And once it has been confirmed, the process will mirror your iPhone to your Fire TV or Firestick using the AirScreen app.
How to Mirror Windows 10 to Fire TV
The steps to mirror Windows 10 to Fire TV or Firestick is rather easy because of the presence of the Miracast on your Windows 10 OS.
With the Windows Miracast and mirroring function on your Fire TV, you can easily cast your Windows to your Fire TV without a technical approach like that of the process on how to mirror iPhone to Fire TV.
- Switch on your Firestick or Amazon Fire TV.
- Enable “Displaying mirror screen” on the Fire TV.
- Click on “Notifications” on your Windows 10/11 to the bottom right of the screen of the taskbar.
- Expand the notifications and click on “Project.”
- Choose from the Windows option to mirror your screen. You can choose PC screen only or duplicate or extend or the second screen. You can change this screen display setting whenever you feel like changing.
- Once you have selected your display option choose “connect to a wireless display.”
- Wait for your Windows to search for available devices. Once the list appears, click on your Firestick name. In case your Firestick/Fire TV name didn’t appear on the list click on find other types of devices.
- If your Firestick name come up after this, then, select it and you are done.
If you followed these steps correctly, your PC screen will appear on your Fire TV and all you do will start appearing on your Fire TV. However, if both devices couldn’t connect using the mirror option then endeavour to check the brand the devices connected to.
How to Mirror Mac to Fire TV or Firestick
I expect you to think that we will experience a similar setback on Mac just like it happened with iPhone. Of course, you are right. In this scenario, to mirror your Mac to your Fire TV, we will as well make use of the AirScreen app to find and air screen your Mac to your Firestick.
- Install the AirScreen app on your Firestick/Fire TV.
- Launch the newly installed app on your Amazon TV and click on the Settings gear icon.
- Now enable the AirPlay function.
- Navigate to the “Help” menu on the app and choose “macOS.”
- Now, select “Airplay” from the options available.
- Go to your Mac Dock and select “AirPlay.”
- Select the name of your Fire TV or Firestick on your Mac.
- Press the “OK” button on your Fire TV remote.
With this process, you can mirror your Macbook Pro, Macbook, Macbook Air.
Meanwhile, if you can’t find the Mac Airplay follow the [extra] steps below to find and enable it on your Mac.
- Select Settings on your Mac menu section.
- Click on the “Display” button.
- Select the “Arrangement Tab.”
- Activate “Mirror Displays” or Show mirroring.
How to Mirror your Chromebook to your Amazon Firestick
The process to mirror Chromebook to any device is quite different when you scale the approach with other devices. And since Chromebook hardly use a 3rd-party app especially if not approved by Google, it appears somehow when it comes to how you can easily mirror or cast your Chromebook screen to any other device.
However, we discovered that the only feasible approach to cast Chromebook to Fire TV is using an HDMI by default. However, the way to bypass this restriction isn’t guaranteed but it is worth trying.
The limitation is that you must be able to enable the Google Play store on your Chromebook. To do this, let us attempt the following steps.
- Go to “Quick Settings Panel” which is located at the bottom of your Chromebook.
- Select the “Settings” gear icon.
- Scroll down to “Google Play Store”, select it and accept the terms on conditions when prompted.
- Open the “Google Play Store App” on the Chromebook afterwards.
- Download and install either AllCast or Cast TV, or Cast Videos on your Chromebook.
- Enable “Display Screen Mirroring” on your Fire TV or Firestick.
- Launch the screen mirror app on your Chromebook and select the name of your Firestick.
- Once you have selected the exact name, the Chromebook screen will be mirrored to your Fire TV.
Whether you are an advanced internet user or not, this article is detailed enough to teach you how to mirror Android, iPhone, Windows, Mac, and Chromebook to your Amazon Fire TV.