Did you just get a set of Bose SoundSport, and you are trying to figure out how on Earth you are going to pair it to your smart device like Mac, iPhone, Android, or PC, especially when it involves a different process for a different model? Well, look no further because you are in the right place and shortly you will know how to pair Bose SoundSport to your smart devices.
The Bose SoundSport is a very comfortable in-ear wireless sports earphone that has an IP rating for sweat resistance and it sounds great. In case you are looking for a fast and wireless connection to get you moving, then the Bose SoundSport is your best bet. It allows you to pair your Bluetooth device easily.
If you patronize the gym regularly and you love to listen to music while shedding off some weight, then this sweat-resistant design of the Bose will be suitable for you. In case you love jogging out in the morning too, and rain starts to fall, you can rest assured that your earphones are safe.
Bose SoundSport are sports earbuds designed to keep you going everywhere you go. The acoustic ports of these earbuds are invented to resist sweat and weather. Read on as we walk you through how to pair Bose SoundSport on several smart devices such as iOS, Mac, Android, and Windows PC.
How to Pair Bose SoundSport Wireless Headphones via Bluetooth
One of the easiest ways to pair your Bose SoundSport with your smartphone or other devices is via Bluetooth. This pairing method is the most common among users.
Before pairing Bose SoundSport via Bluetooth, make sure that your earbuds are fully charged since a low battery can cause the headphones not to be displayed on your Bluetooth list. Follow the steps below to pair Bose SoundSport via Bluetooth:
- Press the Power button down until you hear a voice say, “ready to pair.”
- Another sign that shows your headphones are ready for pairing is when the small indicator light turns blue.
- Now, navigate to the Bluetooth Menu on your smartphone or other smart devices and locate your headphones on the list.
- Once you have selected the Bose SoundSport headphones from the list, wait for a few minutes to allow them to pair.
- You can begin listening to your favorite music once the pairing has been completed.
However, if your Bose headphones won’t pair with your listening device, try to turn off both devices, wait for a few seconds, turn them back on, and try pairing again. In case the pairing issues persist, go ahead to contact Bose customer support.
How to know if your device has NFC Capacities?
If you don’t know whether your device has NFC capabilities or not, you can check the list below to see some of the common NFC devices. In addition, most modern devices now have this pairing technology.
Here is the list of the most popular NFC devices:
- iPhone XR
- iPhone XS
- iPhone XS Max
- Samsung Galaxy 8
- Samsung Galaxy S21
- Samsung S10e
- Google Pixel 4 (and above)
For instance, if you have any of these iOS devices such as; iPhone 7, iPhone 7 Plus, iPhone 8, iPhone 8 Plus, or the iPhone X, you can easily access an NFC tag reader with the aid of a free app.
Applications like “NFC for iPhone,” “NFC Tools,” and “NFC-Helper” enable the older devices to pair using NFC. You can also use NFC capabilities for other functions apart from pairing your Bose headphones.
Some smart devices use NFC to share Wi-Fi passwords, make payments, and do a lot more. For instance, you can make use of your iPhone 6 or iPhone 6 Plus for Apple Pay since it requires NFC before it can operate.
Note that the iPhone 6 and the iPhone 6 Plus won’t work with NFC apps to pair with your Bose SoundSport headphones.
How to Pair Bose SoundSport Wireless Headphones via NFC
Even though most users are familiar with Bluetooth pairing, Bose SoundSport can also be paired to your smart devices via NFC which is not a common pairing method.
It’s important to note that Bose SoundSport wireless headphones have NFC capabilities, which you should learn how to use them.
Do you know what NFC means though? Well, Near-Field Communication is a type of Technology that allows two different devices to communicate with each other seamlessly. Before NFC can work, the two devices must be NFC-compatible and they must be placed within 4 inches or less of each other.
This method of pairing requires the two devices to be very close since Bose SoundSport only uses these capabilities to make the pairing process via Bluetooth even much easier. Follow the steps below on how to pair Bose SoundSport via NFC:
- Tap on the Power button on your SoundSport wireless headphone.
- Place the headphone close to your phone (or any other NFC-enabled device).
- A prompt will be displayed on your screen asking you to pair the earbuds with your device via Bluetooth.
- Tap on Confirm and begin listening to your favorite music.
- In case no prompt is displayed, ensure you follow the instructions for pairing with Bluetooth stated above.
That’s all about how to pair Bose SoundSport via NFC.
How to Pair Bose SoundSport Wireless Headphones via Bose Connect App
Apart from pairing your Bose SoundSport Wireless headphone directly to your smartphone to listen to music, you can as well pair them with the Bose Connect App.
Bose has 2 companion apps namely Bose Connect and Bose Music. The two Apps are available for iOS and Android devices. The major difference between these 2 apps is that each is only compatible with specific devices.
The Bose Connect is an older app commonly used with Bose Bluetooth speakers and other older headphone models while the Bose Music is the latest and it supports most of Bose’s new products, enabling users to have better control over their music. Below is how to pair Bose SoundSport wireless headphones via Bose Connect and Bose Music apps:
- First, download the Bose Connect App.
- After downloading and installing the app on your phone, log in or create a new Bose account.
- A prompt will be sent to you to enable both notifications and Bluetooth connectivity from the Bose Connect App.
- Once Bluetooth has been activated, the Bose Connect app will search for compatible devices (once they are in pairing mode).
- If the app encounters issues while connecting with the Bose Connect app, Bose recommends you pair the drive via Bluetooth or NFC first.
- Open the Bose Connect app again after connecting the devices.
Once your Bose SoundSport has been connected to the Bose Connect app, then you have successfully unlocked an abundance of features for your device.
With the Bose Connect app, you can set an auto-off timer on your headphones when you need to be reminded of a schedule or something. The app also allows you to change the volume level on your headphones since the Bose SoundSport only has 6 hours of battery life on just one charge.
If you enjoy listening to podcasts, music, or TV shows with your friends, then pairing your SoundSport wireless headphones with the Bose Connect app is compulsory. The Bose Connect app is handy especially if you have more than one Bose SoundSport headphone.
How to Pair Bose SoundSport Wireless Headphones via Bose Music App
The Bose Music App which is the more recent app can be downloaded on Google Play Store or the Apple Apps Store. This app is compatible with the following Bose earbuds:
- Bose Sport Earbuds
- Bose QuietComfort Earbuds
- Bose Sports Open Earbuds
Here’s how to pair Bose SoundSport wireless earbuds via the Bose Music App:
- Download and open the Bose Music App.
- If prompted, tap on allow Bluetooth permissions.
- Click on Sign in or Create an account (In case you don’t have a Bose account, you can create one). If not, sign in to your existing account.
- On the My Bose screen, choose your device. If your device does not appear, click on the + button to add your earbuds
- Once prompted, choose Headphones and wait for the app to locate your earbuds.
- While the app is searching for your device, ensure your Bose earbuds have been enabled to Discoverable mode.
- The app will notify you once a connection to your device has been initiated.
- A pop-up message will appear to connect automatically once you turn on your earbuds from now on.
This is all about how to pair Bose SoundSport via the Bose Apps.
How to Pair Bose SoundSport to Android and iOS devices Manually
In case you don’t want to use the Bose companion apps, it’s possible to connect your Bose earbuds to your mobile device manually via Bluetooth. In this section, we will show you the simple steps involved:
To connect your Bose SoundSport earbuds to your Android device manually, follow the steps below:
- Set your Bose earphones in pairing mode.
- Open the Settings app on your Android device and go to Bluetooth.
- Ensure the Bluetooth is switched on, then choose your Bose earphones from the list of available devices.
- You will get a message saying “Connected” once the pairing is successful.
- Your Bose earbuds will automatically connect to your device once you turn them on.
To connect your Bose SoundSport earbuds to your iOS device manually, follow the steps below:
- Set your Bose earphones in Discoverable Mode.
- Open the Settings app on your iOS device and click on Bluetooth.
- Ensure Bluetooth is switched on, then choose your Bose earphones from the “My Devices” drop-down list.
- You will get a message that says “Connected” next to your earphones once the pairing has been successful.
This is all about pairing Bose SoundSport to Android and iOS devices manually.
How to Pair Bose SoundSport to Windows PC
Since there is no Bose app available for PC, the Bose earbuds can be connected to a Windows PC via Bluetooth. All you need to do is set your earphones into pairing mode and connect them manually. Follow the steps below to connect Bose earbuds to a PC laptop:
- Open the Start Menu by tapping on the Square icon at the corner of your taskbar.
- In case your Bluetooth is not switched on, you can turn it on by tapping on the Bluetooth symbol.
- Right-click on the Bluetooth Menu and choose Go to Settings.
- Click on Add Bluetooth & other devices.
- Select Bluetooth.
- Switch on your Bose earphones and set them to be discoverable by moving the Power button to the far-right position.
- Once your earphones appear among the available devices, tap on them to begin pairing.
- Windows will notify you once you are paired and ready to go.
The version of Windows you have will determine the interface you get which varies a bit. Although, the process should be similar regardless of which Windows operating system you are using.
How to Pair Bose SoundSport to Mac
Just like with a Windows PC, there is also no companion app available for Mac, therefore you will have to connect your Bose SoundSport manually via Bluetooth. To achieve this, follow the steps below:
- Tap on the Apple icon on the top left of your screen and choose System Preferences.
- Click on the Bluetooth icon.
- Tap Turn on Bluetooth if it hasn’t already been turned on.
- Set your Bose earbuds in Discoverable Mode.
- Your Bose earphones should show in the list of available devices in the Devices box.
- Choose your earphones and select Connect.
- Wait for a few seconds to allow the label on the screen to say “Connected.”
This is all about how to pair Bose SoundSport to Mac.
How to reset Bose SoundSport Earbuds
In case your Bose SoundSport Earbuds won’t work or it’s just hanging, then you can reset them by following the steps below:
- Switch off your earphones and wait for about 30 seconds.
- Connect your earbuds to a wall outlet via a USB charger.
- Wait for about 5 seconds before disconnecting the USB cable from the earphones.
- Finally, wait for another 60 seconds before turning on your earphones.
Even with the reset process, your Earbud’s settings will still be retained.
I hope this article has helped you to successfully pair your Bose SoundSport via several means (Bluetooth, NFC, and companion apps) to different smart devices such as Android, iOS, Mac, and Windows PC. Feel free to drop a comment if this article was worth a read in the section below.