If your Facebook account has ever been hacked and you are logged out of your Facebook account and you have tried all means to recover it and proved abortive, here I will share with you series of approaches to recover a hacked Facebook account through friends that you really trust.
Before we proceed with this guide, you need to be really sure that someone else has unauthorized access to your Facebook account and you are ready to take over your account.
Facebook provides a series of ways to recover a hacked Facebook account without contacting Facebook helpline or call Facebook customer care line.
You’d probably check out most guides online on how to recover hacked Facebook account and recover your login information or perhaps change the old password and create a new one.
You can even use a 2-step authentication method after you have recovered your Facebook account from the hacker. If you don’t know how to set up Facebook 2-step authentication, I will share it with you at the end of this article.
Table of Contents
How to Recover Hacked Facebook Accounts
Facebook provides various approaches to recover a Facebook account that falls into bad hands. These approaches could be summarized in the following.
- Change Facebook Login Password using Forgot Password
- Ask for a friend who you really trust to send you your account verification code when Facebook sent it to them.
- Unable to remember password and username
How to Change Facebook Password
Let’s take a quick approach to change your Facebook password to regain your hacked Facebook account.
1. Open your browser and go to Facebook password recovery page
2. Enter the phone number or email account associated to your Facebook account provided the hacker has not changed it and click on search.
3. Facebook will send a verification code to your phone number. Type the verification code sent to your phone and click on continue.
4. Now, create a new password that is different from your old account password before it was hacked and click continue.
Your Facebook account is back. Now, you will be logged into your Facebook account.
Change Password & Email Address or Phone number
This is the case whereby the hacker successfully changed your password and the associated email address or phone number as your logging details.
1. Go to www.facebook.com and click on forgot password beneath login column.
2. Type your email address or phone number or username if you have one already.
3. Facebook will send a verification code to your phone or email address. But, click on No longer have access to these.
4. At this point, Facebook will direct you to another page where a series of questions will be asked. This question includes providing answers to your account security questions, date of birth, upload a photo ID, etc, provide the last password you can remember, etc.
If you are able to answer the questions correctly you will be able to recover your hacked Facebook account.
Recover Hacked Facebook Account Through Friends
When your Facebook account is hacked you can recover it through friends who you constantly have chats with on Facebook. However, you are not going to select these friends yourself. Facebook will select the friends at random, send a security code to them to verify that you are the owner of the account and not the hacker.
At this point, Facebook may choose up to 4 of your friends to provide the verification code to verify your account. Once these codes are provided, you will be able to recover your hacked Facebook account.
Report Compromise Account
Another approach to recover your hacked Facebook account without contacting your friends is to report your account to Facebook that your account was compromised.
1. Go to the Facebook hacked account page for an account that is compromised.
2. Click on my account is compromised
3. To get your hacked account back enter your old password and click on the continue button. Your Facebook username is not necessary at this time and if you think your account wasn’t compromised click on the cancel button.
4. Entering your old password means you agreed that your Facebook account was hacked. Now, enter your phone number or email address and click on the search button.
Facebook will then send a verification code to either your phone or email address depending on the login information you provided.
Follow the on-screen and recover your hacked Facebook account. If the approach through friends doesn’t work others should. Please leave a comment if you were able to recover your compromised Facebook account through this approach