Devices Bluetooth offers one easy way to transfer files, music, image, pictures, and many more from your device with Bluetooth function to another.
Even though it doesn’t take time for Bluetooth to replace Infrared, Bluetooth is also becoming an old means of transferring files from one device to another because of the emergence of apps like Xender, ShareIt, and many other apps to transfer files from one device to another within seconds.
But if you prefer Bluetooth to all these new apps in case you can’t trust the developers then you must always control the number of devices that you have paired your Bluetooth device with to be able to accept a new and incoming new Bluetooth device.
If your phone is full and couldn’t accept another device to connect via Bluetooth then you need to forget some of those that have been connected in the past you may need to forget some of the devices but if a wrong device is chosen to be forgotten you need to unforget it to add it your device list again.
Recommended: How to Pair Tozo Earbuds
Therefore, here in this article, we will discuss step-by-step how to unforget a Bluetooth device.
How to Unforget a Bluetooth Device
We will discuss how to unforget a Bluetooth device in this article focusing on the following devices.
You will learn how to unforget a Bluetooth device on any of the devices OS listed above.
How to Unforget a Bluetooth Device on Android
When you choose to unforget a Bluetooth device on your Android I termed it as you want to pair the device again because it has been unpaired and you need to pair it again.
Once you disconnect and forget a Bluetooth device on your Android it will be deleted from the device list of paired or connected Bluetooth. So, in other not to forget it, you need to pair the Bluetooth device again.
So, the fastest way to unforget a Bluetooth device on Android phones is to pair the device again.
So, I will walk you through how to pair a Bluetooth device you have forgotten on your Android.
- Go to your Android phone settings.
- Tap “Bluetooth” and turn it on to make it discoverable.
- Enable Bluetooth on the device you want to unforget.
- Click on the name of the Bluetooth device to unforget under “Available Devices.”
- It’ll start pairing with a “Bluetooth pairing request.”
- Click on “Pair” and enter the Bluetooth “Pairing code.”
- The forgotten Bluetooth device will be paired with your phone again and add it to the list of Bluetooth devices you want to unforget.
You must repeat the steps above on all the list of devices you want to unforget on your Android device. Meanwhile, there is a limitation to the total number of Bluetooth devices you can pair or unforget on your smartphone.
Recommended: How to Pair Aftershokz Aeropex Headphones
How to Unforget a Bluetooth Device on Windows
If you are using a Windows OS and you would love to unforget a Bluetooth device you should take the steps in this section. The steps cover Windows 8, Windows 8.1, Windows 10, and Windows 11.
- Go to your “Windows Settings.”
- Click on “Bluetooth & Devices” on the left pane.
- You will see a list of paired devices if you have any.
- Click on “Add Device” to unforget a Bluetooth device you mistakenly remove.
- Make the device to unforget Bluetooth discoverable.
- A pop-up will appear on your Windows once you clicked on ‘Add device.”
- Choose “Bluetooth” from the pop-up.
- Your Windows OS will start searching for all available Bluetooth devices. Do not forget to make sure that the Bluetooth device you want to unforget is discoverable.
- Select the “Bluetooth name” and enter the pairing code on the device.
The device will be added to your device once the code has been paired correctly.
How to Unforget a Bluetooth Device on macOS
How easy is it to pair or unforget a Bluetooth device on Apple macOS? Follow the steps below if you are keen to see how you can unforget a Bluetooth device on a Mac computer.
- You first need to enable Bluetooth on the device you want to unforget on your macOS computer and make it discoverable.
- Click on the “Apple Menu” on your macOS computer.
- Select “System Preference” from the menu.
- Click on “Bluetooth” and allow Mac Bluetooth to search for all nearby Bluetooth-enabled devices.
- Click on the “Bluetooth” device you want to unforget.
- Tap the “Connect” button to connect to the selected devices.
- Enter the pairing code or series of numbers and click on the “Enter” button.
There is no need to repeat the process again whenever you want to use the device with your Mac. All you need to do is turn on Bluetooth on both devices to connect. But, if you already forgot the Bluetooth or unpair both then you’d need to follow the process again to unforget it on your Mac.
How to Unforget a Bluetooth Device on iPhone
If you want to keep a Bluetooth device on your iPhone you can unforget it so that you can connect to it anytime without pairing it manually all over again. So, in the case of an iPhone, follow the steps below to unforget your Bluetooth device on your iPhone.
- Go to your iPhone settings.
- Choose the “Bluetooth” and turn it on.
- Make Bluetooth discoverable on the device to unforget on your iPhone.
- Click on the name of the device once your iPhone identifies in the Bluetooth list.
- Enter the pairing code on the device to pair to your iOS device
Follow the instruction on the screen to complete the process.
Bluetooth is one of the most important smartphones and other gadgets inventions. It won’t go out of vogue in the next few years.
Recommended: How to Unpair your Logitech Mouse
But, knowing how to effectively make use of the function will give you an edge ahead of other users. And with this, you should be able to put behind all barriers stopping you on how to unforget a Bluetooth device on Android, iPhone/iPad/iPod, Windows, and macOS devices.