Are you planning to factory reset your Haier TV without your remote? If that is what you are searching for, you are reading the right article. In this guide, we will consider the steps to reset Haier TV without remote and how to hard and soft reset your Haier TV using your Haier TV remote.
When you do a factory reset on your Haier TV it erases all personal configuration and returns the TV to its factory set up. This will delete all apps that are not preinstalled, remove the TV settings, and delete all search history.
Therefore, it’s recommended to reboot your TV before you move to do a factory reset of the TV. Restarting your Haier TV could be all you need to do to bring the TV to normal instead of resetting the TV.
However, if restarting the TV failed to fix the error, then resetting the TV could be what you need to do. And what you will learn here is how to reset your Haier TV to factory settings using remote and without the remote.
Factory reset is just a process to erase personal settings on your device and return it to how it was when you bought it new or just refresh the TV to fix all errors affecting the device from work. A device factory reset could be a hard reset or soft reset with both resets performing different functions.
Some people refer to factory reset as a format. These two terms are similar. We can therefore say how to format Haier TV without a remote or how to factory reset Haier without remote.
Don’t skip how to do a factory reset on your Haier TV using a remote control.
How to Hard or Master Reset Haier TV
Let’s consider the simplest and the quickest approach you can follow to do a hard or master reset of your Haier TV to erase everything on the device. Meanwhile, here in this section, we assume that you are going to make use of your Haier TV remote to reset your Haier TV to the factory settings.
- Turn on your Haier TV by pressing the power button on the TV or the remote. The most TV power button is RED. So, lookout for a red button at the top of the T remote and press on it for about 2 seconds and leave it.
- Navigate to the TV settings by pressing the navigation button indicated by an arrow and press the “OK” button on the remote.
- The TV Settings options will pop up. From the options on the TV screen use the navigation button to navigate to General and press “OK” on your remote.
- In the General space, there are four options available. Press the navigation button to navigate the screen and select “OK” on “System Recovery.”
- On the “Haier TV System Recovery” screen there are two options available. Navigate to “Recovery” and select it by pressing the “OK” button.
- Wait for a couple of seconds for the Haier TV to reboot automatically.
Once you have successfully reset your Haier TV to factory settings the TV will prompt you to set the TV up. At this point, you want to make sure that you have Wi-Fi for the TV to connect to complete the setup.
How to Reset Haier TV without Remote
Here is a precise approach to follow to reset your Haier TV without using your remote control. Before we proceed, know that the Haier TV button is located at the bottom left very close to the TV signal indicator.
- Press and hold the Haier TV middle button to power on the TV.
- Press the “Middle Button” just once to bring up the Haier TV source function.
- Use the “Up and Down” button to navigate to the “Settings” in the source and press the “Middle Button” once to select it.
- Use the “Up/Down” button to navigate to the “General” and click on the middle button just once on your TV button.
- Navigate to “System Recovery” using the same up and down key and select it by pressing the middle button once on your TV buttons.
- Press the “Up/Down” button to choose “Recovery” and press the “Middle Button” to select the option.
The Haier TV will start erasing everything on your TV and restart the TV once the factory reset has been completed. This approach to reset Haiwer TV without a remote is quite demanding and it must be done with care in other not to choose an option you don’t have the mind to choose because you ain’t use the TV remote.
And with this guide, we believe that you will be able to factory reset your Haier TV without using a remote. However, if you have your Haier TV remote available you can also make use of the method we shared above on how to delete everything on your Haier TV with the help of your remote control.
Meanwhile, either of the above methods will hard reset your Haier TV and return it to the factory settings.
For more information just download the Haier TV user manual from this source.
How to Soft Reset your Haier TV without a Remote
There is no need to have a remote control to soft reset your Haier TV. And here we will quickly walk you through how to do a soft reset on your Haier TV for a soft landing without deleting or erasing your new Haier TV settings or configurations.
- Switch off your Haier TV by pressing the power button on your TV or remote control
- Unplug your Haier TV from the power source.
- Wait for about 5 minutes and plug the Haier TV cable back to the socket.
- Turn the TV on.
This is simple but could go a very long way to fix all errors relating to your Haier TV instead of doing a hard reset on the TV.