You can run into some problems with an operation that might lead you to consider resetting your treadmill while using the NordicTrack Treadmill for your daily workouts. It could be a server glitch, an error in the speed sensor, engine signal, console settings malfunctions, or an error 01, 02 or 03. However, the best way to fast-track the steps to solve the problem is to reset the treadmill to the default settings. Therefore, here, we will discuss how to reset NordicTrack treadmill.
Since the NordicTrack reset option on NordicTrack is relatively new [except you are using the latest NordicTrack] you can only assess the function reset the NordicTrack if you use at least iFit version 7.1. So, before initializing to reset your NordicTrack you should first check if your NordicTrack is compatible with this process.
How to Check iFit Version
Your iFit version determines whether you will have access to the reset button or not. So, by taking the steps below you will know to check the iFit version on your treadmill.
To check your NordicTrack version kindly follow the steps below.
- Go to Settings on your treadmill.
- Navigate to Firmware to verify your firmware version.
- Check if your treadmill is 7.1 or above.
Treadmills with USB or an HDMI port usually are not compatible with this process. Also, you can tell if it is possible if your console has a pinhole. This pinhole is the NordicTrack traditional reset button.
If you want to use your NordicTrack treadmill without iFit we have an article that covers that explicitly on how to use the NordicTrack treadmill without iFit. It has its downside though but you can see how.
Where is Reset Button on NordicTrack Treadmill
The NordicTrack reset button is located at the top of the screen. At the top of the screen, you will see a pinhole there. Inserting a PIN or SIM injector into this hole will reset the NordicTrack treadmill to the default settings.
While your NordicTrack treadmill is resetting to the default or factory settings you will not be able to perform any task on it. And also, after the reset, all presets will be erased and the workout machine will be made new.
Before we delve into the details of how to reset your NordicTrack treadmill let’s quickly consider why you may want to consider how to reset your NordicTrack treadmill.
Why you Should Reset your NordicTrack Treadmill
If you don’t know when and why you should reset your NordicTrack then you should focus on this part. If you are experiencing any of the following while using your NordicTrack then you may need to consider factory reset.
- Your NordicTrack treadmill does not incline
- The treadmill console control fails to work
- Your Console Only displays Zero error
- Your iFit fails to stream.
How to Reset NordicTrack Treadmill
If you choose to reset your NordicTrack treadmill it will restore the walkout machine back to the factory settings. It will erase your personal configuration and delete other data on the treadmill. However, you will be subjected to a new setup if the reset is done properly.
Therefore, by following the steps below you will know how to factory reset NordicTrack treadmill.
Note: You need the following before you begin the preset process.
- Have your friend or partner support you.
- Keep your Wi-Fi connection ON
- keep a paperclip, toothpick, sim card remover, or office pin close by.
- Next is for you to locate the pinhole.
There are two ways to reset NordicTrack Treadmill:
- With reset button
- Without reset button
How to Hard Reset NordicTrack Treadmill
If your treadmill work has a reset button then here is where to focus your energy to know the steps to take to reset the NordicTrack machine.
- Locate the NordicTrack Treadmill reset pinhole
- Insert your paperclip (OR toothpick, sim card remover, or office pin) into the pinhole.
- Hold down the button with your paperclip while your partner switches on power back to the NordicTrack Treadmill.
- Promptly, your console should start up, and once it does, retract from the pinhole.
- On the screen, you will be welcomed to an iFit message reading “system recovery: please wait…” alongside its logo.
If this boot-up prompt does not happen, then you must repeat the reset process again. If it does, however, you can continue with the setup.
Your NordicTrack Treadmill reset can take up to 30 minutes to continue the onboarding process.
In detail, below are what we mean by the short answer to reset your NordicTrack above.
Cut OFF the NordicTrack Power
Before you begin resetting, you are required to first switch off the device from the power source. You can choose to flip the power switch or unplug the power cable.
Therefore, you have to turn the machine off. Consult your manual if you can’t find the switch. OR you can simply unplug it.
Insert Safety Key
Depending on your NordicTrack, some treadmills do not work without keys. If yours requires the safety key to function, you will have to insert the key into the keyhole to activate its console program.
Locate the Reset Button
After key activation, locate the reset pinhole either at the bottom of the console or at the back (It can also be found on either of the sides of the console). If you cannot locate this, and you are sure your device supports reset, consult the user manual.
Note: Restart the reset process if it takes longer than 30 minutes to boot up.
How to Reset NordicTrack Treadmill iFit
If your NordicTrack treadmill iFit is without the reset button it’ll appear as if there is no way to reset the workout machine when it’s malfunctioning. Well, there is a combination of keys to use to reset your NordicTrack when you don’t have the pinhole on your machine to reset it to the default or factory settings.
- Remove your NordicTrack treadmill safety key first. You need the safety key to reset the treadmill and if inserted while you are trying to reset it, it would not complete the process.
- Locate the “Speed +” and “Stop button.”
- Press both buttons simultaneously.
- Now, press and hold both buttons for at least 30 seconds. Just keep holding the buttons (don’t release them yet).
- Turn on the running machine, insert the safety key and release both buttons once you have successfully inserted the safety key
- Tap the “Pause” button once before you proceed with resetting the inclination settings.
- Use your inclination + button to raise the treadmill incline.
- Press the minus inclination (-) lever to lower the machine slope.
At this point, your NordicTrack treadmill console preset and inclines will be restarted.
How to Update NordicTrack Treadmill Firmware
After the onboarding processes, the reset NordicTrack Treadmill successfully restored the treadmill to its factory reset. However, to use the machine with iFit you will have to reconnect to your Wi-Fi and select your unit of measure (either SI or Imperial) and your time zone (GMT).
After this, your NordicTrack Treadmill will update to the most recent firmware using your Wi-Fi, this should be less than 15 minutes.
Log-in to iFit
When the firmware update is done, you will be welcomed to your home screen where you will be requested to input your iFIT username and password.
There you should have no lag, or error from the previous setup and you can continue with your workout practice. But if you have not only successfully learnt how to reset NordicTrack Treadmill you can just turn back the hand of time and see for yourself how you can reset your NordicTrack treadmill iFit.
How to Reset NordicTrack Treadmill with Incline Control Faulty
If you have a problem controlling your incline on your NordicTrack Treadmill, you do not need to use the reset button. You can still reset the NordicTrack Treadmill by following these steps.
Remove The Safety Key
First of all, remove the safety keys to keep the treadmill inactive, this will give you an opening to reset the system without completely shutting it off. Without the keys removed, this reset cannot work.
Press Control Buttons
- On your console, locate Speed + and Stop
- Long-press the Speed + button and stop buttons together.
- Keep holding the buttons if you have been able to press them at the same time or try again.
- Re-insert the Safety Keys
- Turn Keys on
- Release the Speed+ and Stop buttons after inserting the safety keys
- Press the Stop button
- Thereafter, press the incline + button and let your treadmills incline to ascend.
- Press the incline – (minus) button and let your incline descend.
These steps will reset NordicTrack treadmills console incline settings. If it fails, however, you can try this again.
Before you proceed to reset your NordicTrack Treadmill, you must know the faults that would only require restoring to factory settings on a NordicTrack.
As you all know, a reset wipes all stored data and restores it to its default state after purchase, and you would want to leave that as a last resort. However, you can use it as maintenance if you have noticed a lag in performance.
Not satisfied? You want to ask your question on how to reset NordicTrack treadmill iFit if we leave stones unturned.