While using the NordicTrack Treadmill for your daily workouts, you can run into some problems with operation that might lead you to consider resetting your treadmill. It could be a server glitch, error in speed sensor, engine signal, console settings malfunctions, an error 01, 02 or 03; all of these are faults you can fix if only you know how to reset NordicTrack Treadmill.
The reset to factory settings is relatively new on NordicTrack, and you can only assess this function if you use at least iFit version 7.1. So, before initializing a reset, you should first check if your NordicTrack is compatible with this process.
How to Check NordicTrack Version
To check your your NordicTrack version kindly follow the steps below.
- Go to settings
- Navigate to Firmware to verify your firmware version.
- Check if your treadmill is 7.1 or above.
Treadmill with USB or an HDMI port usually are not compatible with this process. Also, you can tell if it is possible, if your console has a pinhole. This pinhole is the NordicTrack traditional reset button.
Why you Should Reset your NordicTrack Treadmill
Below are some of the reasons why you should consider resetting your Nordic Treadmill.
- Your NordicTrack treadmill does not incline
- Treadmill console control fails to work
- Your Console Only displays Zero error
- Your iFit fails to stream.
How to Reset NordicTrack Treadmill
Before we begin, we must recommend the following.
- Have your friend or partner to support you.
- Keep your Wi-Fi connection ON
- keep a paperclip, toothpick, sim card remover, or office pin close by.
- Next is for you to locate the pinhole.
There are two ways to reset NordicTrack Treadmill:
- With reset button
- Without reset button
How to Reset your NordicTrack Treadmill With Reset Button
Follow the steps below if your treadmill has a reset button;
Cut OFF the NordicTrack Power
Before you begin reset, you are required to first switch off the device from the power source. You can choose to flip the power switch or unplug the power cable.
Therefore, you have have to turn the machine off. Consult your manual if you can’t find the switch. OR you can simply unplug it.
Insert Safety Key
Depending on your NordicTrack, some treadmills do not work without keys. If yours requires the safety key to function, you will have to insert the key into the keyhole to activate its console program.
Locate the Reset Button
After key activation, locate the reset pinhole either at the bottom of the console or at the back (It can also be found on either of the sides of the console). If you cannot locate this, and you are sure your device supports reset, consult user manual.
Start your NordicTrack Treadmill Reset
Follow the ste-by-step procedures below to reset your NordicTrack Treadmill.
- Locate the NordicTrack Treadmil reset pinhole
- Insert your paperclip (OR toothpick, sim card remover, or office pin) into the pinhole.
- Hold down the button with your paperclip while your partner switches on power back to the NordicTrack Treadmill.
- Promptly, your console should start up, once it does, retract from the pinhole.
- On the screen, you will be welcomed to an iFit message reading “system recovery: please wait…” alongside its logo.
If this boot-up prompt does not happen, then you must repeat reset process again. If it does, however, you can continue with the set up.
Your NordicTrack Treadmill reset can take up to 30 minutes to continue the onboarding process.
Note: Restart the reset process if it takes longer than 30 minutes to boot-up.
How to Update NordicTrack Treadmill Firmware
After the onboarding processes, the reset NordicTrack Treadmill has successfully restored the treadmill to its factory reset. Next you will have to reconnect to your Wi-Fi, select your unit of measure (either SI or Imperial) and your time zone (GMT).
After this, your NordicTrack Treadmill will update to the most recent firmware using your Wi-Fi, this should be less than 15 minutes.
Log-in to iFit
When the firmware update is done, you will be welcomed to your home-screen where you will be requested to input your iFIT username and password.
There you should have no lag, or error from the previous setup and you can continue with your workout practice. And you have not only successfully learnt how to reset NordicTrack Treadmill, you have also practically achieve that.
How to Reset NordicTrack Treadmill with Incline Control Faulty
If you have problem controlling your incline on your NordicTrack Treadmill, you do not need to use the reset button. You can still reset NordicTrack Treadmill by following this steps.
Remove The Safety Key
First of all remove the safety keys to keep the treadmill inactive, this will give you an opening to reset the system without completely shutting it off. Without the keys removed, this reset cannot work.
Press Control Buttons
- On your console, locate Speed + and Stop
- Long-press the Speed + button and stop buttons together.
- Keep holding the buttons if you have been able to press them at the same time or try again.
- Re-insert the Safety Keys
- Turn Keys on
- Release the Speed+ and Stop buttons after inserting the safety keys
- Press the Stop button
- Thereafter, press the incline + button and let your treadmills incline to ascend.
- Press the incline – (minus) button and let your incline descend.
These steps will reset NordicTrack treadmills console incline settings. If it fails however, you can try this again.
Before proceeding to reset NordicTrack Treadmill, you must know the faults that would only require restoring to factory settings on a NordicTrack.
As you all know, a reset wipes all stored data and restore it to its default state after purchase, and you would want to leave that as last resort.
However, you can use it as maintenance if you have noticed a lag in performance.