Understanding your Zmodo camera is important so that when things go wrong, you will know how to address it. In this scenario, it is the Zmodo camera reset button. If you have a hard time understanding the Zmodo reset process and how you can reset your Zmodo camera without the reset button, here is an article for you. In this article, you will get to know how to reset Zmodo camera to the default settings or factory setting to turn your Zmodo camera to new.
Meanwhile, the process to reset your Zmodo camera is different from one Zmodo camera to the other.
The process to reset the Zmodo camera without the reset button is different from the steps to reset a Zmodo camera with a tiny reset button that can be used to reset the Zmodo camera to the default or factory settings.
Despite the fact that the Zmodo camera is wireless, such as the Zmodo camera zp-ibh23-w, resetting them follow a different method.
A few reasons could prompt you to reset your Zmodo camera. This include but is not limited to the following.
- Zmodo camera malfunctioning.
- Your Zmodo camera won’t turn on.
- Zmodo camera light blinking.
- You want to give out your Zmodo camera
- You want to restore your Zmodo camera to the default and re-configure it.
- Zmodo camera is not updating to the latest version.
- Zmodo is raising a false alarm.
With any of the problems above, you can choose to reset your Zmodo camera to the default and re-configure it again.
Before you go ahead to pull the trigger to reset your Zmodo camera, is worth noting that resetting your Zmodo camera will erase all personal configuration on the security camera and render it new as if it’s from the package.
Note: If your Zmodo camera is wireless, 95% prove that the camera will not have the reset button.
If you have the Philips Hue smart bulb, check out this article on how to reset the Philips Hue smart bulb.
How to Reset Zmodo Camera with the Reset Button
If your Zmodo camera has a small hole to reset the Zmodo camera to the factory or default settings, the following steps will help you to erase the wireless camera and render it new.
You can check out the steps to take to reset a Ring Spotlight camera in this guide.
- Locate the Zmodo wireless camera reset hole.
- Insert a PIN [office PIN, SIM tray PIN, earring, etc.] into the hole.
- Pres and hold until the camera is off. This takes about 5 – 15 seconds.
- Release the PIN and remove it from the reset hole.
- The reset process will begin.
- Once the Zmodo wireless camera reset is completed, the camera will restart, and the camera status light will blink.
If the camera didn’t turn off while you press and hold the reset, you need to hold onto the reset PIN until the camera is restarted and shows the status indicator green light.
How to Reset Zmodo Camera ZP-IBH15-S1
To reset your ZP-IBH15-S1 Zmodod camera, you need to have an NVR which is the quickest possible method. However, if your Zmodo wireless camera version isn’t the ZP-IBH15-S1, you can check out how to reset your Zmodo wireless camera below.
- Connect your Zmodo camera directly to your NVR.
- Insert a PIN into your NVR reset pinhole at the back of the device for 30 seconds.
- The NRV will reset the connected Zmodo camera and also reset itself.
Once the reset process is completed, the Zmodo wireless camera will reboot, and the status indicator light will blink.
How to Reset your Zmodo Camera Pivot
The process to reset a Zmodo camera pivot version that has a touchpad is quite different from the step above. So, if you own a Zmodo wireless camera, you can reset it within 15 seconds following the method below.
- Press and hold the Zmodo wireless camera with pivot TouchPad.
- Hold it for about 10 – 15 seconds.
- The camera reset will begin.
- Once the reset is completed, the Zmodo TouchPad camera will reboot automatically and show the green status indication light.
Once your Zmodo wireless camera starts blinking green light, it’s an indication that the camera is reset successfully.
How to Change Zmodo Camera Password
One thing you want to do often when you reset your Zmodo wireless camera is to change the password. When you reset your Zmodo camera, it reset all settings to the default. Therefore, if you have changed the user password earlier, you need to change it again as the reset option will override your settings.
Therefore, here, you will get to know how to change a Zmodo camera password after a reset.
Reset Zmodo password using Email
Following the steps below, you will receive a password reset link to your email address to reset your Zmodo wireless camera after reset.
- Open a web browser and go to user.zmodo.com.
- Select “Forget Password” to the bottom right of the Zmodo sign-in page.
- Enter your “Email address” and click on “Next.”
- Sign in to your email address and click on the Zmodo password reset link.
Follow the password reset link to create a new Zmodo password after a reset.
How to Reset Zmodo Wireless Camera Password using Mobile
Alternatively, you can request a new password for your Zmodo camera after reset via your mobile number. However, this has to be a registered mobile number on your Zmodo user account.
- Go to user.zmodo.com/login on a web browser.
- Click on “Forgot Password.”
- Select “Phone” on the navigation.
- Select your country code and enter your phone number.
- Click on the “Next” button.
- Following the instruction on the screen to change your password.
Note: This only works for a registered Zmodo user. So, if you aren’t an admin to a Zmodo account, you will not be able to change your Zmodo camera password after a reset.
So far, we have discussed how to reset Zmodo camera with or without a reset button or pinhole and how to reset your Zmodo wireless camera after reset.
You can use the comment section for comments and questions regarding your Zmodo security camera.