Do you use the Simplisafe Camera and have been having issues with the Simplisafe Camera not detecting motion? If yes, read this article as we would be looking at how to fix the Simplisafe Camera not detecting motion.
The SimpliSafe home security system is one of the best and most affordable home security systems currently available in the market.
It includes a variety of devices such as the base station, smoke detector, motion sensors, entry sensors, and outdoor cameras.
The Simplisafe Camera is a fantastic device, that is part of the Simplisafe home security system for the gen 3 Simplisafe device.
Once the Simplisafe Camera detects any form of motion, it immediately records the motion for as long as it is detectable. The recording output is in the form of a high-definition video as the Simplisafe Camera is equipped with a 1080p camera.
It also has a field view of 140 degree, which enable the Simplisafe Camera to record from a wide vantage point.
However, like every device, a certain issue might not occur, leading to the Simplisafe Camera not detecting motion.
Therefore, this article is set to explain why the Simplisafe Camera not detecting motion problems occur and ways it can be fixed.
Check out this guide on how to prevent your SimpliSafe Camera from raising a false alarm.
Why Simplisafe Camera not Detecting Motion?
There are a couple of reasons why the Simplisafe camera not detecting motion issue occurs, some of which are stated below.
- You have disabled notification from the Simplisafe app, so you are not getting notified even though the camera is detecting motion.
- Your Simplisafe camera might not be connecting correctly to the power source.
- You will not be notified if your Simplisafe camera detects motion when the Simplisafe camera is not correctly connected to the WiFi router.
- There might be issues with the firmware of your Simplisafe camera.
How to fix Simplisafe Camera not Detecting Motion
In this section of the article, we would be looking at various troubleshooting methods to resolve the Simplisafe camera not detecting motion issue.
Fix Simplisafe Camera not detecting motion by Power Cycling your Camera
One of the easiest solutions to first employ when you realize your Simplisafe camera is not detecting motion is to power cycle your Simplisafe camera.
Follow the steps below to power cycle Simplisafe camera.
- Remove the Screws on the Simplisafe camera and open the battery compartment.
- After removing the battery compartment, take out the battery inside.
- After a period of about 30 – 40 seconds, put the battery back into its compartment.
- Screw your Simplisafe camera back into place and use it.
After following the steps outlined above, you can test the Simplisafe camera to ensure the Simplisafe camera not detecting motion error has been resolved.
This article explains how you can fix the SimpliSafe smart lock not responding and all other information you need to put in place to fix your security camera.
Recharge Simplisafe camera to resolve Simplisafe camera not detecting motion error
The Simplisafe camera when fully charged lasts for approximately 3-6 months, so it is a good idea to recharge your Simplisafe camera if you have not done so, as this might be the cause of the Simplisafe camera not detecting motion error.
To recharge Simplisafe camera, simply plug it using its power cable to a power source. The appearance of a led flashing light indicates your Simplisafe camera is charging properly.
Once you have charged your Simplisafe camera, test it to confirm the Simplisafe camera not detecting motion issue has been resolved.
Confirm you have Enabled Notification on the Simplisafe App
Sometimes the issue is not that the Simplisafe camera is not detecting notification, the problem might be you do not have notification enabled on your Simplisafe app, so you do not get alerted when the Simplisafe camera detects motion.
Follow the steps below to enable notifications on the Simplisafe app on your mobile phone.
- Turn on your smartphone.
- Navigate to the settings section and click general.
- Then select notification from the general tab.
- Scroll down to see the list of apps available on your smartphone, or use the input tab to search for the Simplisafe app from the notification section.
- Now click on the Simplisafe app, and toggle the enable notifications button.
If you have followed the steps above, then you have enabled notification on your Simplisafe app, you can then test the Simplisafe camera to confirm the Simplisafe camera not detecting motion has been resolved.
Resolve Simplisafe Camera not Detecting Motion by Reconnecting to WiFi Router.
The SimpliSafe camera is wireless, and needs a WiFi connection to function effectively, so the Simplisafe camera not detecting error might be because your camera is not connected to the WiFi.
To connect your Simplisafe camera to the WiFi, follow the steps listed below.
- Turn on your smartphone and launch the Simplisafe mobile app.
- Navigate to camera and select WiFi and connnectivity.
- Then click scan for network and input your WiFi id.
Once you have followed these steps, you can then test your Simplisafe camera to confirm the Simplisafe camera not detecting motion issue has been fixed.
Factory Reset your Simplisafe Camera.
After trying all the solutions listed above, and the SimpliSafe camera not detecting motion issues persist, your final option might be to factory reset your Simplisafe camera as this will reset all your camera settings to its default mode.
To factory reset your Simplisafe camera, follow the steps below.
- Remove the camera from the mount, and check for the reset button located at the back of the camera.
- Press the reset button for about 20 seconds and release it once the LED lights of the camera turn off.
- Then wait for the camera to reset itself automatically.
Once the factory reset has been completed, you can test the camera to confirm the Simplisafe camera not detecting motion problem has been fully resolved.
How to Change SimpliSafe Camera Settings
It is quite simple to change Simplisafe camera settings with little to no technical expertise, all that is required is access to your Simplisafe mobile app.
Follow the steps below to change Simplisafe camera settings.
- Turn on your mobile phone and launch the Simplisafe mobile app.
- Go to the app menu by selecting the three horizontal lines located at the top left corner of the screen.
- Then go to settings, and select camera settings.
- Then choose the camera, look through the options, and choose the settings you are interested in changing.
This article has looked at the various available solutions to fixing the Simplisafe camera not detecting motion error. However, if the situation persists after attempting any or all of these solutions, it is advised you reach out to the Simplisafe customer support team for professional assistance.