Is your Airplay not working on Samsung TV, and you have been trying to see if there are steps you can take to resolve the issue because you prefer streaming from your Apple device to your Samsung TV using Airplay?
The Airplay is a wireless communication system on Apple devices that allows you to privately share videos, pictures, and other media files from your Apple devices to your smart TVs and speakers with just one click.
If you have been enjoying the ease of sharing media files from your Apple device to Samsung TV, and you are suddenly faced with the issue of Airplay not working on Samsung TV, it is clear how that might be frustrating.
However, you do not need to worry, as this article will explain different solutions you can employ to resolve the issue of Airplay not working on Samsung TV.
How to Resolve Airplay not Working on Samsung TV
Various reasons such as compatibility issues, wifi connection, and outdated firmware might be the reason for the Airplay not working on Samsung TV.
This section of the article will address this issue and how you can resolve them.
You can also learn How to Fix the Samsung TV Volume Not Working
Check for Compatibility
Before attempting any troubleshooting method, it is vital that you check that your Samsung TV is compatible with using Airplay with your Apple device and that your apple device supports Airplay.
Majorly, only Samsung smart TV models manufactured in 2018 and beyond are fully compatible with Airplay from apple devices.
You can check this article to get the complete list of Samsung smart TVs that support Airplay to know if your model supports it.
Check your Internet Connection
Airplay is designed to work in a way that both the apple device and the Samsung TV have to be connected to the same internet connection. If the devices are connected to different internet connections, you will find that you cannot use Airplay.
After confirming that both devices are on the same network, you can also check that the internet connection is strong and stable.
Also, Airplay is predisposed to working on a 2.4GHz internet connection, so you should ensure that you are using a 2.4GHz and not a 5Ghz.
You can also restart and reset your router if you have issues with the internet connection signal strength.
If you have tried any or all of these solutions and are sure you have resolved the internet connectivity issue, you can then use Airplay to confirm that you have fixed the issue of Airplay not working on Samsung TV.
Recommended: How to Airplay on Samsung TV
Restart your Samsung TV
If Airplay suddenly stopped working on the TV, it might be due to a minor glitch, and restarting the TV might help resolve the issue.
Follow the instruction below to restart your Samsung TV.
- Confirm that your TV is turned on, and then go to the settings menu.
- From the settings menu, select general.
- Then select network status and click on the restart button.
After the restart, you should then connect your TV to the same internet connection as the Apple device and attempt to use Airplay to confirm that you have resolved the issue of Airplay not working on Samsung TV.
Check the Airplay Setting on Your Apple Device
Your current airplay setting on your Apple device, like the iPhone, might prevent other devices from seeing it.
You can resolve this by following the instructions below.
- Navigate to settings on your Apple device.
- Then select Airplay and home kits.
- Then click on allow access and select everyone.
Once you have done this, and your Airplay is now visible, you can proceed to use Airplay on your Samsung TV.
Disable IPv6 on Your Samsung TV
Airplay might find working on your Samsung TV challenging if you have IPv6 enabled on the TV.
You can efficiently resolve this by disabling IPv6 following the instructions below.
- Click on settings from your Samsung TV menu and select general.
- Then click on network and select expert settings.
- Then toggle to disable the IPv6 protocol on the TV.
After disabling the protocol, you can then attempt to use Airplay on Samsung TV to confirm that you have resolved the issue of Airplay not working on Samsung TV.
Disable Firewall on Apple Device
If the apple device you are using Airplay with is a device that has the firewall enabled, such as the MAC, disabling the firewall might help resolve the issue of the Airplay not working on Samsung TV.
However, you need to tread with caution when doing this because disabling the firewall on your device might make it vulnerable to malicious attacks.
It would be best if you always remembered to enable the firewall once you are done with using the Airplay on it.
You can disable the firewall on your Apple devices by following the instructions below.
- Open your device and navigate to preference, then select security and privacy.
- Then select firewall and choose padlock.
- Then enter your administrator password and go to firewall options.
- Then disable the block all incoming connections option and enable the automatically allow built-in software to receive incoming connections option.
You can then use Airplay to confirm that you have fixed the Airplay not working on the Samsung TV connection issue.
Reset Samsung Smart Hub
The smart hub is a feature on the Samsung smart TVs that allows for third-party downloads, and if there is something wrong with the smart hub, you might encounter issues when using Airplay on the TV.
You can reset the smart hub by following the steps below.
- From the home menu of the TV, navigate to settings and select support.
- Then click on device care and select self-diagnostics.
- Then select reset smart hub and input your TV pin. The default pin is 00000.
After resetting the smart hub, you can then use Airplay to confirm that you have resolved the Airplay not working on Samsung TV issue.
Update the Operating System of your Apple Device
Sometimes when your device’s OS is outdated with a new firmware available for download, you might experience minor glitches and bugs, some of which can result in the issue of the Airplay not working on Samsung TV.
You can quickly rectify this by updating the device’s operating system (OS).
Follow the steps below to update the operating system of your MAC.
- From the home menu, navigate to system preference.
- Then select software update, and if there is an available update, click on the update now button.
Once your Mac has completed the update process, you can attempt to use Airplay to confirm that you have resolved the issue that prompted the update.
You can follow the steps below to update the operating system of your iPhone.
- From your iPhone menu, navigate to the control centre and select settings.
- Then click on general and select software update.
If there is an available update, the iPhone will update itself, and once the process is done, you can use the Airplay to confirm that you have resolved the issue of the Airplay not working on Samsung TV.
Update the Firmware of your Samsung TV
If a new firmware is available for installation on your Samsung TV that you are yet to install, it might be preventing the TV from performing in its optimal state, which can cause airplay issues.
You can fix this by installing the new firmware on your TV.
Follow the instructions given below to update the firmware of your Samsung TV.
- Navigate to the settings menu from the TV home menu.
- Then select support and click on software update.
- Click on the update now button if there is a new firmware available.
The TV will then update itself, and once the process is done, you can use Airplay to confirm that you have finally resolved the issue of the Airplay not working on Samsung TV.
Factory Reset the Samsung TV
If you have tried every of the troubleshooting methods listed in this article with little to no success, the next line of action will be to factory reset the TV.
However, note that once you factory reset your TV, it would revert to how it was when it was newly acquired, with your data and downloaded apps wiped off.
You can factory reset your Samsung TV by following the instructions below.
- From the home menu of the TV, go to the settings menu and select support.
- Then click on self-diagnosis and select reset.
- If you cannot find the reset option in the self-diagnosis menu, you can check the general menu in the settings option.
- Then input your pin if requested; the default pin is 00000.
After the factory reset, you can set up your TV and attempt to use Airplay to confirm that you have resolved the issue of the Airplay not working on Samsung TV.
How to Troubleshoot Airplay only Playing Audio on Samsung TV
If you can hear the audio from your TV when using Airplay but cannot see any video, the first thing to do is to confirm that you are using the Apple device and the Samsung TV on the same internet connection.
If you are sure that both devices are on the same network, you can follow the instructions below to set up Airplay on the TV correctly.
- From your home screen, navigate to source and select connection guide.
- Then click on smartphone and select Airplay.
- Then follow the instructions that will appear on your screen.
This article has explained in detail the various troubleshooting methods you can use to resolve the issue of the Airplay not working on Samsung TV. And if you have gone this far, your Apple Airplay should be working with your Samsung TV.