When your Samsung TV Volume not working, you should first perform a sound test. Then you can check the ports and connections on your Samsung TV.
If you are connected to your Samsung TV via airplay connections or whether you are casting from another device, simply check the device that you are connected to, as this will help you to quickly hunt down and correct the issue of your Samsung Tv Volume Not Working.
In this article, we would briefly discuss how to fix your Samsung TV Volume Not Working.
Samsung Tv Volume Not Working
If your Samsung TV volume isn’t working the following instructions should be executed. Meanwhile, if the first didn’t resolve the problem, try the next troubleshooting.
Perform a Sound Test
Your Samsung Tv comes with a feature that enables you to perform a sound test. When you perform a sound test it helps you to fix issues relating to the volume of your Samsung Tv. If your Samsung Tv is having audio problems, you can run a Sound test to find out the cause of the issue.
- Navigate to Settings > Support > Self Diagnosis, and then select start sound test.
- Open Settings, and select Support.
- Select Device Care, on some models select Support instead.
- Select Self Diagnosis, and then select Start Sound Test. The Sound Test will begin.
- If there is still a problem in the Sound Test, select Yes to start Sound Test.
Check For Software Update
If the issue started with the previous software update, then you should consider checking for a new update. To check for updates on your Samsung Tv:
- Navigate to Settings > Support > Software Update. Y
Your Samsung Tv can be updated in 3 ways:
- Update Automatically.
- Update over the internet.
- Update using USB.
Test the HDMI Cable
Not all Samsung Tv models support the HDMI cable test, as older models do not have it, while some models only have this test available after a software update.
However, you need to know that this test is designed for HDMI cords that are less than 2 meters long and might not give accurate results on long cords.
To get started, make sure your Samsung TV is on the HDMI setting for the cable you want to test,
- then navigate to Settings > Support > Self Diagnosis > Signal Information > HDMI Cable Test > Start Test.
Disconnect And Reconnect The Cable Leading To The External Device
Loose connections can cause your Samsung Tv Volume Not Working or to drop if you are connected from an external device. Make sure you reconnect the cable at both ends and then check if you are still experiencing the same issue. If you do, then try using a new cable.
Connect a different device using the same cables. If after connecting to another device and the volume works perfectly fine, then the issue is caused by your external device that was originally connected to your Samsung Tv.
Reset Samsung Smart Hub
Power on your Samsung Smart TV and press the Smart Hub button from your remote control.
- Once the Smart Hub screen displays press the blue letter D button from your Remote Control to open the Setting options in Smart Hub
- Select the Reset option and press enter from the remote control and a password screen will be displayed.
- Enter the default password as ‘0000’. Smart Hub automatically resets and displays the ‘Reset Complete’ confirmation message.
- Finally press ‘OK’ to complete the reset process.
Factory Reset Your Samsung TV
If your Samsung Tv is freezing or crashing, you might be unable to increase or decrease the volume of your Samsung TV. Your Samsung TV might be overloaded with lots of apps or heavy apps with large memories. This might prevent you from being able to increase and decrease the volume of your Tv. Well, when this happens the best option is for you to factory reset your Samsung Tv. Let’s take you through the simple step on how to factory reset your Samsung Tv:
- Open Settings, and then select General.
- Select Reset, enter your PIN (0000 is the default) and then select Reset.
- To complete the reset, select OK. Your TV will restart automatically.
- If these steps don’t match with your model of Samsung Tv.
- Navigate to Settings, select Support, and then select Self Diagnosis.
- Reset will be located in that menu.
You can also factory reset to reset the sound settings if you like to start from the beginning with your sound settings, you can simply reset them.
- Open Settings, and select Sound.
- Select Expert Settings, and then select Reset Sound.
- Select Yes to confirm.
However, if your Samsung Tv Volume Not Working with remote control, we would take you through some steps on how to fix such issues.
Factory Reset Your Samsung Remote Control
If your Samsung remote control is the reason why your Samsung Tv Volume Not Working.
First, remove the batteries and then press Power for 8 seconds to reset the remote. Then reinsert the batteries and try to use the remote again.
Secondly, check to see if your Samsung remote control is sending an infrared (IR) signal.
You should get either a digital camera or use the camera on your phone or tablet. Point your remote control towards the camera, then press and hold the Power button on the remote. As you hold the button down, quickly take a look at your camera screen.
If the remote is sending an IR signal, you will see a coloured light coming from the remote control. This will help to determine if this is an issue with your remote control or with your Samsung Tv.
Adjust Your Samsung TV Volume
If the volume configuration on your Samsung Tv is incorrect, then this can affect your Samsung Tv Volume. You need to adjust the volume of your Samsung Tv to make sure the output is not low, also the speaker settings should not be set too low.
- Press the Home button and then navigate to Settings.
- Select Sound and then select Additional Settings.
- Select Speaker Settings and then Auto Volume.
- Select Normal from the option.
If Your Samsung TV Changes Volume By Itself
- Remove the batteries from your remote control. This will help to eliminate the possibility that the remote is sending commands to the TV, and taking the batteries out.
- Next, unplug your Samsung Tv. With the TV powered on, unplug the TV from the wall outlet. If the TV has a One Connect box, unplug it as well.
- Clean the touch controls while your Samsung TV is unplugged. Use a microfiber cloth to wipe down the touch controls on the bezel of the Samsung Tv.
- Plug the TV back in, then use the touch controls on the bezel to turn your Samsung Tv back on.
- Replace the batteries in the remote control with new ones and test functionality. If the abnormal behaviour begins again then there is a problem with your remote and it will need to be replaced.
Adjust Your Samsung TV Volume Without Remote Control
You can increase or decrease the volume of your Samsung Tv by pressing the jog control button located on the rear or bottom right side of your TV. You simply need to press the increase or decrease button on your Samsung TV to adjust the volume level.
Recommended: How to reset Samsung TV Volume without a Remote
Check Your Samsung Tv Mute Status
If after trying all the steps w discussed above and you still found out that the issue was not resolved. Then you should check if you haven’t pressed the mute button. Someone might have tampered with your remote or tv buttons while you were away or you might have mistakenly pressed the button without knowing it. Well, you can easily unmute your Samsung Tv by pressing the Mute button on your remote control.
Samsung TV Volume keeps on Muting
If your Samsun Tv volume keeps on muting one of the main causes of this problem is a glitch in the remote control of your Samsung Tv. You can easily fix this issue by resetting your remote control. Take out the batteries of the remote then press on the power button for 8 seconds to reset. Then reinsert the batteries then check if the issue still occurs.
In Conclusion, we have briefly summarized how to fix your Samsung Tv Volume Not Working.