If you are reading this post, it means you want to set up Firestick Amazon media player you just got or you want to know how to set up Firestick media player before you spend your money on one.
The Amazon Firestick and Fire TV are two media player you should have at home. If you can get the two media player, you should at least, get either Fire TV or Firestick.
While Fire TV is better than the Firestick, in terms of functions and features, the Firestick is also an average media player that worth your money.
We’ve got Firestick and Fire TV media player in our achieve today, however, here you will learn every step we take to complete the media player setup, the best VPN for Firestick and FireTV.
How to Set up Firestick and Fire TV
Without reading an online guide, Firestick or Fire TV user guide is enough to put you through the whole steps required to setup and configure both media players to perfection. However, if you don’t have a whole day to spend reading the user manual, this is the best article for you.
Here in this setup guide, I will detail the entire procedure I followed to setup my Firestick and Fire TV having spent hours reading the user manual to come up with this summary of everything.
At first, when you unbox the media player you should see the following items in the pack as they are necessary to complete the setup.
- Fire TV Stick or Fire TV
- Alexa Voice Remote with 2 AAA Batteries
- Power Cord
- HDMI Extender (not included with Fire TV)
Note: If at least one of the above is missing you may need to get one from an outlet near your house or better still, return it to the sales store and request for another one.
After you have unpacked the media player, to start with, do the following first.
Firestick or Fire TV Pre-setup
1. Open the remote control and insert the two AAA batteries inside of it. If you don’t know how to insert the battery kindly check the user manual
2. Bring out the power cord and plug it into the media player as instructed and plug it into a power source or an outlet. From the pop-up, select HDMI and plug your Firestick into your TV.
3. If you are setting up the Firestick and you are having issues with the HDMI, use the HDMI Extender in the package
4. Now, on your TV, select the HDMI with the help of the remote control in your hand
5. The media players (Firestick or Fire TV) detect the remote control sensor once the batteries are inserted and are pointed to the media players sensors. However, if there are difficulties in paring the remote and the media together, switch off the media player and restart it. In some cases, you have to re-sync both devices to establish a connection
6. Once you have successfully connected both remote control and the media player together click on the play button to start the setup on your remote control
Firestick & Fire TV Main Setup
Now that you have connected your Firestick to your TV, selected HDMI, paired the remote control and device together, here is the rest of the setup.
1. Form the screen of your TV, select Language and Network
2. Now, sign into your Amazon account with your username and password. However, if you have not created an Amazon account open your browser and create a valid Amazon account, confirm the email address and complete the signup.
Note: You need an Amazon account to use and operate Firestick and Fire TV media player
3. After you have successfully logged into your Amazon account, you will be presented with a short video clip introducing you to Firestick and Fire TV features. You can watch the video completely to know more about the media player and you can also skip the video to move to the next step.
4. After the short video, whether you skip it or not, you will be presented with a parental control option to setup PIN on your media player to control it as a parent so that your child or children will not have unauthorized access to it.
First Experience with Amazon Firestick
It’s always fun to buy new gadgets and know how to use it. The power of the popular Fire TV or Firestick lies on add-ons or apps as you may call it. To truly enjoy the feature of either FireTV or fire stick, the following add-ons are recommended for your firestick to start.
- Terrarium TV
- FreeFlix HQ
- Show Box
- Morpheus TV
- Area 51 IPTV
- The Players Klub
The list can go one and one like that. However, these add-ons are few to start with to save some cent on cable or TV network provider service.
How to Install Add-ons or Apps on Firestick
Here I will not go into details of how to install all the listed add-ons above. However, I will provide a general process to install any app or add-on on Firestick successfully. This procedure works for Exodus Kodi, Supremacy Add-on, Mobdro, and other add-ons or apps you may wish to install on your Fire TV or Firestick.
Firstly, go Settings > System Settings > Add-ons > Apps from Unknown Sources. So that you will be able to install apps or add-ons from unknown sources on your media player.
- Launch Kodi Add-on (settings > Applications > Manage Installed Applications > Kodi)
- Click on settings gear icon
- Tap the File Manager and then click on Add Source
- Clear the None and type http://kdil.co/repo/ or http://www.lvtvv.com/repo/
- Click Home on your remote, tap the Add button and click on package installer
- Choose Install from a zip file and select Kodi
- To install Kodi Repo, click on Kodil.zip
- Wait for a couple of minutes to install the zip file successfully and we are good to go.
With this procedure, you can install any Add-on or app on your Firestick or Fire TV to bypass TV network providers’ fee.
How to Reset Amazon Firestick or Fire TV
When your Firestick or Fire TV media player become so slow and unresponsive it may be good to reset the media player. However, this could be because the media play is stalked with a mere 8GB storage which could not manager many apps.
For this, it’s advisable to reset your media player the moment it starts taking forever to respond to the remote control.
- On your TV open Firestick settings
- Click on System settings to the right panel
- Scroll down and tap Reset to Factory Defaults
- Click Reset from the popup that says “You are about to reset your Fire TV to its original factory settings. Your sign-in information and personal preferences will be lost”
- Your Firestick will start restoring back to default settings.
The restore process may take up to 10 minutes or 15 minutes at maximum. However, do not alter the restoration and be patient until it completes restoring.
Amazon Firestick or Fire TV are the two media player a home need. However, it’s pleasurable buying one but to set it up is a problem on its own. With this guide, you should be able to setup your media player either as a beginner or mastered user with this guide. In case you have a comment kindly use the comment section.