The Oculus Quest is an amazing free VR headset that allows you wirelessly play games from any location with full 6DOF positional tracking. An upgraded version has however been released known as the Oculus Quest 2. In this article, you will learn how you can stream Oculus Quest to Twitch without any hassle.
One major limitation of using a wireless device is that what you are doing can’t be shown on a screen such as with a PC monitor or a PSVR connected to a Television. However, Oculus included some options which are not as flexible as we would have loved it.
There are three major ways to stream Oculus Quest footage, which include; to your smartphone via the Oculus app, to a Chromecast 3 and/or Chromecast Ultra device, or to your personal Facebook page. You will get to know how to stream Oculus Quest to Twitch, Facebook, and other platforms in a jiffy.
Twitch is one of the biggest hits among lovers of gaming video live streaming. Therefore, if you are a loyal fan of Oculus Quest, you may be interested to know how the VR collaborates with the streaming service.
There are three basic ways you can stream Oculus Quest to Twitch; which are, using Chromecast, wirelessly without Chromecast, and using a USB cable. Using Chromecast, you can stream directly with an HDMI or use the Quest website if you don’t have the basic devices.
A USB C cable can also be used with the Vysor app once your headset is in developer mode. Finally, you will need a USB, audio cable, and the Quest phone app for the wired connection. The wires must connect to the PC and the headset so it can directly transmit visuals and sounds.
To stream Oculus Quest to Twitch, you can as well connect the Quest to your PC, which restricts mobility but it’s cost-effective and easy to implement, you can buy the necessary things you need to go fully wireless with Chromecast. Therefore, here’s everything you need to stream Oculus Quest to Twitch.
Requirements Needed to Stream Oculus Quest to Twitch
Here’s what you will need to successfully stream Oculus Quest to Twitch:
- Oculus Quest or Oculus Quest 2 headset.
- A standard and original USB-C cable (or Oculus Link cable).
- An audio recording device.
- A reliable computer capable of streaming your VR gameplay.
These are all you need! Ride on!
How to Stream Oculus Quest to Twitch
Streaming Oculus Quest or Quest 2 to Twitch while enjoying the experience with the world can be fun and exciting. However, do you know how to stream Oculus Quest to Twitch with sound? Although the methods available are a bit complicated, there’s an easy solution for you! Read on!
There are two main wireless methods to stream Oculus Quest to Twitch. The first and most commonly-used option is Chromecast. In case your devices support it, you can connect them via an HDMI or a capture card.
Once you discover that the gadgets use the same network, you can link the Chromecast, HDCP Stripper, and the PC. On the other hand, you can as well use the Quest Website which doesn’t need Chromecast devices. Once you sign in to your portal, you can always choose your PC from the available gadgets and then begin streaming.
- How to Stream Oculus Quest to Twitch via Chromecast
Before you can use this method, you must make sure that your PC supports Chromecast, whether version 3 or Ultra. However, one limitation is that the service does not link directly to the PC, thus, an HDMI is needed. Therefore, you may have to get an HDMI Splitter to bypass that.
Another important thing you will need is a different capture card to transmit the visual from the Chromecast to the computer screen. For example, you can use an El Gato HD60 S+ that guarantees high quality and stable images. The card also maintains a 4K image transmission, isn’t that superb! Follow the steps below to Stream Oculus Quest to Twitch via Chromecast
- Insert the HDMI into the input and the USB into the slot in your PC.
- For the setup stage, you should make sure you remove the Quest from developer mode and check that the Chromecast is working first.
- Confirm that the Quest, PC or smartphone, and the Chromecast are on the same Wi-Fi network.
- For the plugging, you can hook up the Chromecast, HDCP Stripper, and the PC.
- Go to the Quest app, choose your Chromecast, set the video quality, then start streaming.
In case you encounter any issues, you can always double-check the networks and developer mode or restart the devices. Finally, some gamers experience delays where the actual video and the casted one are not in sync. You can discover this if it’s switched off quickly while testing and tweak your webcam and mic to align, which is specifically essential if you plan to communicate with your viewers.
- How to Stream Oculus Quest via the Oculus Quest Website
Facebook has introduced a different casting method that doesn’t necessarily require a Chromecast gadget. All you need to do for this method is follow the simple steps below:
- Sign in to your casting portal account via your Facebook or Oculus.
- After that, click on “Share” then “Cast” using your Oculus, and your PC should appear among the available options.
- Next, click on your computer and set it as the device you will be casting to, including audio.
- When compared to the first method, this particular method is relatively straightforward and works equally well.
The visuals usually come in high quality, and there are very slim chances of video delays, unlike the first method. However, this method also has its limitations which is it doesn’t offer a full-screen option. Instead of the image occupying the whole screen, it will only appear vertical with dark boxes on the sides, leaving a broad blank space while streaming.
You can however take advantage of the black part by concealing it up with sponsored content, reminders, or personalizing your chatbox. On the other hand, the Chromecast method offers a 16:9 output and is a go-to for gamers who would love their videos to take up all the space.
In addition, you need one more setup for the webcam and audio feed. In case you want to engage with your fans, you will only obtain the audio wirelessly from your computer to hear responses. An effective wireless microphone will also come in handy for you to respond to them.
Many times, some other gamers simply insert headphones into the headset, and they are good to go, but they still obtain another wireless microphone for responding.
How to stream Oculus Quest 2 to Twitch using the SideQuest app
Follow the steps below to stream Oculus Quest 2 to Twitch via the SideQuest app:
- Go to your computer and download the app called SideQuest (available on iOS and Android).
- Set your account to developer mode to operate this software.
- Navigate to developer.oculus.com and log in to your Oculus profile to establish a free developer account.
- Connect Oculus Quest 2 with PC.
- Cast the Oculus Quest 2 gameplay on PC and stream to Twitch.
How to stream Oculus Quest 2 to Twitch without PC
To stream Oculus Quest 2 to Twitch without PC is quite easy, all you need is either an Android or iOS device to stream. Follow the steps below:
- You can cast Oculus Quest 2 to mobile.
- If you are an iOS user, download the Oculus app from the app store.
- In case you are an Android user, download the Oculus app from the play store.
- Stream from smartphone or mobile to Twitch.
- Now you can stream Oculus quest to Twitch via your phone.
How to Connect Oculus Quest 2 to PC
There are two ways to connect your Oculus Quest 2 to a PC, follow the steps below to do this:
- Download the Oculus app to your PC.
- Go to oculus.com/setup and tap on the link that says “Download Quest 2 PC app”.
- There are separate links below for the Rift S and the Oculus Link; note that if you have either of those sets, Meta advises that you use a PC with Windows 10, as the software is not yet compatible with Windows 11.
How to connect your Oculus Quest 2 to a PC via Link
This is the simplest way to connect your Oculus Quest 2 to a PC, but it means you will be restrained to your computer and won’t be able to move around as freely as possible. For this, you will need a USB-C cable.
In case your PC has a USB-C port, you can use a USB-C to USB-C cable; or else, you might need a USB-C to USB-A cable. Meta sells a 16-foot Oculus Link cable for $79, but before any USB-C cable should work; you will want a pretty long one, though. You can locate one on Amazon for around $20. Follow the steps below to connect your Oculus Quest 2 to a PC via the link:
- Ensure your Oculus Quest 2 is switched on.
- In the Oculus app, choose Devices, and then Add Headset.
- Choose Quest 2.
- Click on Link (Cable) as the connection method.
- Connect one end of the cable to your Oculus 2 headset and the other end of the cable to your PC.
- In the Oculus app, tap Continue. On the screen that appears next, you can as well choose to test your cable connection, or press Continue.
- Your Oculus Quest 2 is now connected to your PC.
- That’s it!
How to connect your Oculus Quest 2 to a PC via Air Link
This process involves a few more steps, even though it’s similar to the step above. However, it also allows you to use your Oculus Quest 2 unrestricted from your PC. Follow the steps below to connect your Oculus Quest 2 to a PC via Air Link:
- Ensure that both your Quest 2 and your PC are on the same Wi-Fi network (they should be connected to a 5GHz network).
- In the Oculus app on your PC, choose Devices, then Add Headset.
- Choose Oculus Quest 2, and then select Air Link (Wireless) as your connection method.
- Put on your VR headset.
- Open Quick Settings by hovering over and choosing the clock on the left side of the navigation bar.
- Click on the gear icon in the upper right corner of the window that appears to open the full Settings menu.
- Choose the Experimental box.
- Search for Air Link, and power it On.
- Navigate back to the main Settings window, and select the Air Link box.
- A window will be displayed showing all PCs on your network with Air Link available.
- Choose your PC.
- A pairing code will appear in your Oculus Quest 2.
- Remove the headset and ensure it matches the code that is being displayed on your PC’s screen.
- Put the headset back on and finalize the pairing process.
Now, you should be connected. From here, you can mirror your PC’s display onto the Oculus Quest 2, which will allow you to play any VR-compatible games, like Microsoft Flight Simulator, Half-Life: Alyx, and Star Wars: Squadrons.
In this mode, you can as well control your PC via the headset and its controllers; you can launch apps, open windows, and do anything you could do with your PC’s keyboard and mouse, although typing is a bit difficult.
How to Stream VR on Twitch
Once it comes to live streaming the Oculus Quest to Twitch or similar platforms, it becomes confusing. However, if you already know about it, you might have learned several ways to stream Oculus Quest to Twitch.
Here, only one method will be described so that your work gets simpler. This is also the easiest way to learn how to stream Oculus Quest to Twitch! Follow the steps below to stream VR on Twitch:
- Open the game you want to play on stream.
- Open your streaming software, Streamlabs, OBS, etc, and ensure your Twitch account has been connected.
- Go to Scene and tap Add a New Source.
- Choose Game Capture as the source.
- From the drop-down list in Mode, tap on Capture Specific Window.
How to Stream Oculus Quest to Facebook
Streaming is a recent method of sharing gameplay where one person streams their gameplay on the internet.
Watching a stream of someone else playing a video game may not sound like fun to some people; it’s quite popular. Some of the most popular streamers have millions of people subscribed to their channels. They regularly have tens or even hundreds of thousands of views of their streams. Most famous streamers are either one of the best in their chosen games or have a strong and engaging personality that keeps viewers coming back for more.
In case you are new to streaming and you will love to show off some cool VR gameplay to your friends, one of the things to do is stream to Facebook. You can do so easily straight from your Oculus Quest 2 VR headset.
Follow the steps below to stream Oculus Quest to Facebook:
- Log in to your Oculus device with your Facebook account (Note that Support for streaming to Facebook is not compulsory, therefore, some apps may have it disabled).
- Tap the Oculus button on the right controller, choose “Share”, then “Go Live”. to begin your live stream.
- Once prompted, select who you wish to see your live stream. You can pick between: “Anyone on Facebook”, “Facebook Friends”, or “Only Me”.
- You will also be prompted to select if you want the built-in microphone audio to be included in the stream and if you want to show comments and reactions in your live stream.
- After configuring all of the stream options, click “Start Live-streaming” to launch your stream.
- Immediately you end your live stream, the video will be automatically posted to your Facebook timeline.
- Then, it will be made visible to the audience you selected earlier.
Streaming your VR gameplay to Facebook is a great way to share the fun you are enjoying with your Oculus Quest. By following this guide’s steps mentioned above, you can begin streaming to Facebook directly from your Oculus Quest headset.
I hope this article has been able to perfectly show you the way to stream Oculus Quest to Twitch without any issue. Feel free to drop your comments in the section below. Thanks for reading thus far! Gracias.