With millions of gamers streaming, interacting, chatting, play games on one platform, Twitch TV is uniting gamers all around the world. The Amazon-owned app can be activated on several streaming platforms using Twitch TV activate website. Amazon however has been very picky on devices allowed to use Twitch TV. Twitch TV has been discontinued on devices like Roku and Samsung Smart TV due to controversial reasons. Users have however found ways to bypass this hindrance using unofficial Twitch Apps.
Twitch TV activate on all Twitch TV supported devices takes three basic steps. the first is downloading and installing the app, the next step is signing up on the device or creating a new Twitch account if you are a new user. The final step is the activation process on Twitch TV activate website.
The activation process is the same on most devices whereby you would need an activation code. Activation on Android and iOS however doesn’t require an activation code. Smartphones also allow the Chromecast feature that allows you to cast Twitch TV on your TV. You can also AirPlay Twitch TV on Apple TV. Follow this guide to see how you can activate Twitch TV on each device.
Twitch TV Activate on Roku
Roku has been one of the most popular streaming devices in the world today offering varieties of content, tools, and plug-ins to enjoy streaming. Twitch, however, once had an official channel on Roku but as of 2017, Amazon removed Twitch app from all Roku devices. This means you cannot legally stream Twitch TV on Roku. The reason for this removal is still unclear but there are ways to which you can stream Twitch TV on Roku. We have carefully listed the steps in this guide.
Installing Twitch TV on Roku
Due to the discontinuation of Twitch TV on Roku, you may not be able to get the Twitch TV official app directly on your Roku device. You can however cut ways by getting an “unofficial Twitch TV app” you would then use this unofficial Twitch TV app to get the “official Twitch TV app” on your Roku. Simply follow these steps to install:
Installing the unofficial Twitch TV on Roku
- Visit the Roku website using your desktop or mobile phone or any other internet-connected device.
- Log in to your Roku account. If you don’t have one, you would have to create an account.
- Go to your profile icon on the top right corner of the screen and select “My Account” from the menu.
- Go to “Manage Accounts” under the Accounts page.
- Under manage accounts, select “Add channel with a code.”
- Now enter the word “TWITCHTV” in the text field.
- Complete the “reCaptcha section.“
- Select “Add Channel” and click “OK” when warning windows appear.
- Then select “Yes, add to channel” on the subsequent page.
After completing this process, the unofficial Twitch TV should be added to your Roku channel list.
Installing the official Twitch TV on Roku
- Turn on your Roku device.
- Go to your “Channel list” and launch the unofficial Twitch channel.
- A prompt would appear saying “Unofficial Twitch channel now available“. Select “Yes“.
- Doing this would redirect you to the official Twitch channel. Once here, select “Add channel“. This would allow the official channel to be added to your Roku.
- A verification code would be sent to you with a box to fill it in. Enter the 4-digit verification code and select “OK.”
Once this process is complete, you would have the official Twitch channel installed on your Roku using the unofficial channel.
Activating Twitch TV on Roku
- Launch the new Twitch TV on your channel list.
- Sign in to your Twitch account.
- You would receive an activation code. Take a mental note of this activation code.
- Visit the Twitch TV activation website on your smartphone or desktop.
- Enter the activation code into the box provided on the website.
- You would get a confirmation upon activation.
Other ways to install Twitch TV on your Roku
If the official Twitch TV in one way or the other doesn’t work on your Roku, you can opt to use other methods.
- Using Twoku, Twitch TV unofficial client.
- Casting Twitch TV on your Roku device using Windows, Mac, iPhone, or Android device.
You can see how to use these other methods to stream Twitch TV using this dedicated guide on how to activate Twitch TV on Roku
Twitch TV Activate on Xbox One/ Xbox 360
Unlike Roku, you can download Twitch TV on Xbox directly on the Microsoft Play Store. The process is simple. Just turn on your Xbox, ensure you have a stable internet connection, sign in to your Xbox account, and follow the installation/ activation process.
Installing Twitch TV on Xbox.
- Visit the “Microsoft Store” through your Xbox home screen.
- Click on the “Apps” tab
- Search “Twitch TV” on the apps section using the search icon.
- Click on the “install” button next to the Twitch TV app.
- After installation, you can now launch the Twitch TV app.
Activating Twitch TV on Xbox
- Launch the already installed Twitch app on your Xbox.
- Using your Twitch TV login details, sign in to Twitch TV on your Xbox. If you don’t have a Twitch account yet, you would be prompted to create one.
- After signing in, an activation code would appear on your screen. Take note of this code.
- Using your mobile device or on your PC, Visit the Twitch TV activation website.
- Enter your activation code in the space provided. You may be asked to sign in before this step.
- Click on the “Activate” button.
Once this is done wait for a couple of seconds, you would get a confirmation upon activation. You can now start streaming Twitch TV live on your Xbox One and Xbox 360.
Twitch TV activate on PS4
PS4 is one of the top-rated gaming devices in today’s world of gaming and streaming. It’s however not surprising that Twitch TV, the renowned community of gamers can be streamed on PS4 with ease. Just ensure you have a secure internet connection and a PS4 user account. To activate Twitch Tv on PS4, simply follow these procedures.
Installing Twitch TV on PS4
- On your PS4 home page, select the Play Station store.
- Through the search icon on the Store, Search ” Twitch TV” using your virtual keyboard.
- From the result, Select the Twitch TV app and install it
- Wait for the app to download, this might take a few minutes.
- Once downloaded and installed, you can Launch Twitch TV on your PS4.
Activating Twitch TV on PS4
- After installation, simply launch the Twitch TV app on your PS4.
- Sign in to your Twitch TV account using your Twitch TV log-in credentials. If you don’t have an account yet, you would be asked to create one by signing up.
- Once you’ve signed in, an activation code would appear on your screen. Take note of this activation code.
- Using your mobile phone or desktop, visit the Twitch TV activation website.
- You would be provided a box to fill in your activation code. Enter your activation code into this box. You may be asked to submit your Twitch TV login details.
- Click on the “Activate” button
Once you’ve completed this process, you should get a confirmation upon activation. After confirmation, you can start streaming on Twitch TV using your PS4.
Twitch TV Activate on PS5
Twitch TV Activate on PS5 is quite different from the usual activation process on other devices. Using the Create Button on PS5 DualSense wireless controller, it is relatively easy to start streaming on PS5 using your console.
The Twitch TV comes pre-installed on PS5 so there is simply no need to install it again. The first thing you have to do however is to create a Twitch account if you don’t have one.
Integrating Twitch TV with your PS5
The first thing you have to do before streaming Twitch TV on your PS5 is to integrate your PlayStation account with Twitch. Doing this would allow you to stream directly from PS5 to Twitch without a hardware capture. Follow these steps to prompt this.
- From the PS5 Home Screen, go to “Settings” usually located at the top right corner.
- Under “Settings“, select “Users and Accounts“.
- Once you’ve entered this page now select “Link with Other Services“.
- A list of services you can link your PS5 account to would appear. Select “Twitch” from this list and log in.
- Once you’ve logged in, select “Link Account“.
- A unique code would appear on the screen of your PS5. Take note of it
Twitch TV Activation Process on PS5
- Get a mobile device or desktop and log in to Twitch’s official activation website.
- Log in using your Twitch account if prompted to do so.
- You would see a box with the word “Activate your Device” boldly written above. enter your unique code into the box provided.
- Click “Activate” and confirm the linking of accounts.
- You would get a confirmation once the integration is complete.
Streaming Twitch TV on your PS5
- Launch Twitch Tv on your PS5 and open the game you would like to stream.
- On your DualSense controller, press the “Create” button.
- Click on “Broadcast”. you would be prompted to choose the platform which you would want to broadcast. Just select Twitch.
- Give your stream a title name.
- You can use the three dots icon to modify your stream setting.
- Once that is checked, click on the “Go Live” button to start streaming on Twitch live.
Twitch TV Activate on Amazon Fire Stick
Twitch TV is an official app of Amazon Appstore. This makes the installation and activation process seamless and straightforward. You can install Twitch TV on FireStick in two ways. You can either install directly using your FireStick or visit the Amazon AppStore and install using your mobile phone.
Installing Twitch TV directly on Firestick
- From your Fire Stick Home Screen and click the search option.
- On the search option, Type “Twitch TV” and search. Alternatively, you can use the voice command to search Twitch on your Fire Stick.
- Once found, select the Twitch TV app.
- Click on the “Download” button to download the app.
- Once downloaded, you can launch Twitch TV on your apps menu list.
Installing Twitch TV on Amazon App Store.
- Using your mobile device or a PC, visit the Amazon App Store.
- On the Amazon App, sign-in click on the “sign-in” button and enter your FireStick log-in details.
- Once you’ve logged in, use the “search icon and type in “Twitch TV.”
- From the results, select the Twitch TV app.
- Located at the right side of your screen, you would see the “Get App button“. Click on this button.
- Your FireStick device would show up on the next page. Click on it and the app would be installed on your device.
- You would find the Twitch TV App on your FireStick Apps & Games list.
Activating Twitch TV on Amazon FireStick
You can activate Twitch TV on your Amazon FireStick using through Twitch TV activation website. Simply make sure you have a secured internet connection and have signed up to Twitch TV.
- Launch the Twitch TV app on your Amazon FireStick and login if prompted.
- Once you’ve logged in, you would be presented with an activation code. Please take note of this code.
- Using your smartphone or your PC, open your web browser and visit the Twitch TV activation website.
- Enter the 6-digits activation code on the space provided on the website.
- Click “Activate“
After a few seconds, you should receive a confirmation stating a successful login. Once you get this, you can ow start streaming Twitch TV live on your Amazon FireStick.
Activating Twitch TV on Apple TV
Unlike some other streaming devices that don’t officially support the Twitch TV App, Apple TV however has Twitch TV has officially on its App Store. You can also easily customize your Twitch channel using your Apple TV. Below are the simple steps in activating Twitch TV on your Apple TV
Installing Twitch TV on Apple TV
- From your Apple TV Home screen, Go to the Apple TV Apps Store.
- Click on the search icon at the top of your Apps Store.
- Search for “Twitch” using this search icon.
- Once found, select the Twitch TV app from the results.
- Click the “Get” button to download the app from the Apps Store.
Activating Twitch TV on Apple TV
- After installation of the Twitch TV app on your Apple TV, Launch the Twitch TV app.
- Once launched, sign in to the Twitch TV app using your Twitch login credentials.
- After signing up, a code would appear on your screen. This unique code is your activation code.
- Simply visit the Twitch activation website to use this code.
- Enter the code in the space box provided.
- Click “Activate”.
Once this process is complete, you would be confirmed activation. Then, you should be able to stream Twitch TV on Apple TV.
Airplay Twitch TV on Apple TV
If you have an iOS device, you can airplay Twitch on your Apple TV both newer and older versions. Check out our dedicated guide on how to activate Twitch TV on Apple TV to see how you can airplay Twitch TV on Apple TV.
Twitch TV Activate on iOS/Android Device
Activating Twitch on an Android/iOS device is like installing any other normal app to your smartphone. It’s fast and easy. Twitch TV Activation on smartphones however doesn’t require an activation code like other devices. Simply install the app, log in to your Twitch account and start streaming. To activate Twitch on your Smart Phone simply:
- Go to your app store on your smartphone. For Android, visit Google Play Store.
- In the search box located at the top of the app store, Search “Twitch.”
- After you’ve found the Twitch App, download it. For iOS devices, simply click on the “Cloud” button. For Android devices, just click on “install“.
- Wait until the download and installation are complete.
- Open the Twitch TV app on your smartphone and select login. If you are a new Twitch user, simply select “sign up” to create a new Twitch TV account.
- Enter your email and password. You would be sent an email verification. Simply confirm this email verification and that’s all.
Once you’ve finished up the process, you would be able to stream Twitch TV on your mobile device immediately. You can however Chromecast Twitch to TV using your smartphone or PC. For a full guide on how to do this simply check out this article on How to use Twitch TV on Chromecast
Twitch TV Activate Trouble Shooting Tips
Peradventure activation of Twitch TV is not responding on your device. Here are some troubleshooting tips you can use to fix this error.
- Restart your device. The first step in troubleshooting Twitch TV Activation not working on any device is to relaunch or restart the device. Relaunching your device sometimes can simply solve any issue with the activation code not working.
- Clear your browsing cache.
- Use incognito mode to access the Twitch TV activation website. Browsing in incognito mode does almost similar work as clearing your browser cache. In this way, the memory of your browser is clear and free which would enhance smooth activation.
- Disable Ads Blocker. your ads blocker could sometimes confuse the Twitch activation website as an ads page.
- Reconfirm your activation code. As simple as this might seem, this is the most likely reason Twitch TV isn’t activating on your device.
- Reinstall the Twitch App
- Update the Twitch App
- Factory Reset your device. This should be your last resort and should only be done if other procedures failed.
Following this guide carefully can help you prompt a Twitch TV to activate on any device successfully without stress. Twitch TV can also be streamed on certain Smart TVs but not officially. Twitch TV has been a viral streaming platform for gamers for several years and would continue to be. It has recently become supported on Nintendo Switch. So if you are a Nintendo user, you can have access to the official Twitch TV activated on your device. Tou should check out our articl on Twitch TV activate QR code.