A lot of Minecraft players who are just starting the game prefer to have a pet while they explore their new digital world. Tamed Ocelots (which are cats) and Dogs (which are tamed Wolves) are the usual pets of preference by most players. However, you can not just go and get one from the market. You need to go into the wild to find one that you will domesticate. Once you do, however, they become truly loyal friends and make the games even more enjoyable! This guide will teach you how to tame a cat in Minecraft.
It feels really good to build farms, dungeons, and homes in Minecraft – but could you really enjoy all these without having your favorite pet around? While you are out mining diamonds, you can have an ocelot waiting for you at home by taming the cat in some easy steps.
To tame a cat in Minecraft is easy. However, just like any other task that is in the game, it is not spelled out.
To learn how to tame a cat in Minecraft, you need to at least know where to find a cat to tame.
Table of Contents
Where to Find a Cat
Well, this is a digital world, but there are no animal adoption centers like the world you live in. Therefore, to find a cat, you will need to find a stray cat that you will take home. That is a stray cat straight from the wild. Lucky for you, cats are pretty much easy to find.
If you can find a village with at least a villager and about four beds, there is a chance you will find a stray cat. There is a cat for every four beds in Minecraft, which means as the beds increase, so will the chances of getting a stray cat and as well as different colors of cat to choose from. Black cats, most especially, can be found close in swamps with witch huts.
In the Bedrock version of Minecraft, which is the most common edition on Windows, Nintendo Switch, iOS, Xbox One, and Android, you are more likely to find a black cat whenever there is a full moon.
Now that you know where to find a cat to tame let us now explore the required materials you need to tame a cat in Minecraft.
Required Materials to Tame a Cat
Before moving to how to tame a cat in Minecraft, there are materials that are needed to tame a cat in the game – materials you need to have.
- One Raw Cord
- One Raw Salmon
In order to tame a cat in Minecraft, you will first get a raw salmon or a raw cod from a river or lake that is close by.
Steps to Tame a Cat in Minecraft
Here are the steps to take if you want to tame a cat in Minecraft.
- Find a Cat
Once you have gotten the required materials you need, the next step is to find a stray cat.
There are cheat codes to spawn a cat if you have trouble finding one, but you should not have to do that if you follow the steps above. And let’s be honest, cheats take the fun out of the game.
- Use the Raw Salmon or Cord
To tame a cat in Minecraft, you need to keep giving the cat the raw fish. To perform this task, place the raw fish in the hot bar and ensure the fish is the selected item.
- Next, you will have to use raw fish. The controls to use the fish vary depending on the version of Minecraft you are playing.
- For the Java version on Mac or PC, all you need do is right-click on the cat.
- For the Pocket version, you will press the tame button after moving the pointer over the cat.
- Press the LT button for the Xbox one version
- For PS4 users, use the L2 button.
- Use the ZL button if you are using the Nintendo Switch.
- For users of the Windows 10 Edition and the Education edition, all you need do is to find the cat and right-click
- Immediately you feed the cat the raw fish; a gray smoke will most likely appear on the cat. Do not be deceived; the cat has not been tamed yet. Keep on feeding the cat more of the raw fish until you can see that the red hearts show all around the cat. This implies that the cat is already being tamed.
- Once the hearts disappear, the taming process has been completed, and the cat will then begin to act as your pet.
If you have followed these steps, the cat has been tamed. Congratulations.
Your cat will start behaving as your pet and will follow you around. Should you lose your cat while moving, do not fret; cats can teleport to your location even if you are 12 blocks away.
Ensure to follow our guide correctly and enjoy your game! That’s not the least though, check another fun activity about End portal on Minecraft here. Drop your thoughts!