This guide will show summarised and detailed steps on how to make an end portal in Minecraft game for all gamers. The purpose of an End Portal in Minecraft is to act as the doorway between the Overworld and the End Biome.
There are two ways that you can make an End Portal in Minecraft.
- The first way is to create the frame yourself.
- While the second way is to get a frame that has already been assembled in a stronghold.
You need to know that when in Creative mode, End Portals can only be built physically. When you are in the Survival mode, you need to get an end portal that already exists in a Stronghold.
Minecraft end portal Requirements
The following are the items you need to make an End Portal in Minecraft:
- 12 Eyes of ender
- 12 End Portal flames
You will find the frames and eyes in the Creative menu. Select each material and move them to the inventory.
Steps to Make an End Portal
Let us quickly run down a quick way to make an end portal in Minecraft. Do not panic; if you do not understand this, there are step by step guides below. But if you understand this, great! As soon as the items are ready, place the frames in a 4x 4 way.
When you are building the frame, the green tabs are on the blocks you are placing. If you are playing on Minecraft’s Pocket Edition, Place it just like you would any other block but ensure the green tab is on all of your 12 blocks. In case you mess up, just tap it to destroy a block.
As soon as your frame has been built, place the Eye of Enders inside each End Portal frame. If you have done that right, the green tabs will activate. At the centre of the frame, a greenish-black portal will show.
If you do not get the greenish-black portal, attempt to replace the Eyes of Ender that are in each block.
You can walk through the portal when it shows up. Wait patiently for the world to brighten and just like that, you will find yourself in the End Biome.
It is important you know that the Ender Dragon will be waiting for you and will attempt to kill you so you should have the required arsenal to prevent that.
This is a brief summary. Some would get it while some will not, below however is a step by step guide on how to build an end portal from scratch in Minecraft.
End Portal in Minecraft
Making an end portal is the fastest way you can get to the End Biome. To do this, you need the following:
- 12 End Portal frames
- 12 Eyes of Ender
The End portal has to be made standing in a spot while placing the frames around you. This is important so that the Eyes of Ender is facing the right direction in order to activate the portal.
Build the frame
- Using the 12 End Portal frames, begin by making your End Portal frame.
- To create the portal’s first side, put 3 end portal frames.
- Next step is to place at least 3 End Portal frames on the tight to create the End portal’s second side.
- Ensure that at the top of the Portal Frames, the green tabs are pointed inside the portal.
- Still at the right, place other 3portal frames in order to make portal’s third side. Just like before, ensure that the green tabs are pointed inside the portal
- Lastly, pivot towards the right then places the last 3 portal frames in order to finish the frame for the End portal.
It is important to know that the reason why all the green tabs must point towards the inside is so the End Portal can activate. If this is not the case, it will not activate.
Add the Eyes of Ender
To complete making the end portal in Minecraft, the next thing is to use the 12 Eyes of Ender.
- Place it inside each portal’s frame-blocks while at the centre of the End portal
- This means 11 Eyes of Ender have been added. Do not add the 12th yet because you are standing right in the centre. If you do, you will fall right into the portal because it will be activated and you are going into the End Biome!
- Therefore, step outside the portal to add the 12th. You can also fly over the portal so as to add the last Eye.
- Do not forget that all Eyes must be facing the portal’s centre for it to be able to activate.
- Once you pace the 12th Eyes of Ender, the End Portal will activate.
- You can now go into the End biome to war with the Ender Dragon.