This day, more people are now embracing remote jobs. Having a remote job puts you indoors for most of your life, which makes it almost impossible to cut out time to visit a gym. However if you take exercising important, there are ways to still carry out the intense exercise at home like running.
And one of the easiest ways to do that is to make use of a stationary bike like the Indoor peloton bike.
Now, maybe you’ve just gotten your Peloton bike, and you’re excited, trying to figure out How to turn on Peloton indoor bike. Right here I will be breaking down how you can Power on your Peloton bike.
But, before turning your peloton bike ON, there are a few things you need to be aware of before powering on your Pelton bike, which I will hastily outline below.
Requirements before Turning on Peloton Bike
First and foremost, you want to make sure your peloton bike is on a straight level straight ground to prevent shakiness. It has to be perfectly stable and not bending.
Now, ensure to place a mat where the Peloton Bike will be placed to avoid possible floor damages and make sure you have adequate space around the peloton bike. A space of at least 60cm on each side of the Bike is recommended
Moving on, if you’ve sorted out these steps above let’s delve right into how to turn on peloton Bike
How to Turn on Peloton Bike
Since you have a Peleton indoor bike, the steps to turning it on are pretty easy to follow.
Below are the steps on How to turn on Peloton bike and touchscreen.
- Plug the power jack and cord into the bike. Over here, get the Plug and power jack that comes with the setup.
- Now plug it into the wall and ensure that the LED shows a green light before you proceed
- After doing that, press the top button you will see at the back of the Touchscreen to turn On the equipment.
- Next, connect your Peleton Bike using Wifi or Ethernet.
- As soon as your Touchscreen is ON, go-ahead to connect your wifi Router, or if you have an ethernet cable you can make this connection using the port at the back of the touchscreen.
- Proceed to Activate your account. to activate your account simply input the email address and password you used while purchasing the bike or make use of the activation key on your touchscreen to activate it.
Once, you are have activated your account you can create your leaderboard name so that you can be found by friends and follow other people using the peloton bike
By, now you should have figured out how to turn on peloton Bike, but what if you are using a peloton Plus (+) how will you achieve that.
The process is almost the same to Turn on your Peleton bike plus and to do that follow the steps below.
How to Turn on Peloton Bike Plus (+)
If you have a Peloton bike (+) follow the step below to power it on
- Plug the power adapter that comes with the setup into the wall. and Peleton power cord plug in the power jack at the back of your bike.
- Now, press the top button you will see at the back of the Touchscreen to turn On the equipment.
- Next, connect your Peleton Bike using Wifi or Ethernet. As soon as your Touchscreen is ON, go ahead to connect your wifi Router. If you have an ethernet cable you can make this connection using the port at the back of the touchscreen.
Note: Allow your Peleton Bike + to calibrate itself while you are installing it. If the calibration fails you need to unplug and plug it back again. also, you might hear some sound while calibrating it. it’s okay.
- Moving on, Proceed to Activate your account.
- To activate your account simply input the email address and password you used while pushing the bike or make use of the activation key on your touchscreen to activate it.
- Now, set up your profile and membership by following these steps below:
- Next. locate the (…) three dots at the bottom right corner of the screen and click on “profile setting”
- Over here you can confirm your profile, create a leaderboard name, etc,
- Also, set up your subscription & payment and enter your credit card details to activate the “All-access Membership”
Once, you are have activated your account you can create your leaderboard and your friends will be able to locate you.
Now, in a scenario where you want to turn OFF your peloton go to the next heading.
How to Turn Off your Peloton Bike Screen
It’s a good practice to turn off the touchscreen after a workout and to do that follow these steps below.
- On your peloton screen, you will see a power button, Now, hold it down and wait for a pop up with an option named “shutdown“
- Now, select the shutdown option, and the screen will go OFF
- You can turn off the power outlet if you are not using a smart plug
You can learn more about smart plugs here if plan to use them too.
Moving On, if you want to figure out How to turn on Peloton bike (+) follow the steps below.
How to Turn Off your Peloton Bike plus (+) Screen
Follow these steps to turn OFF your peloton bike plus (+) touchscreen
- On your peloton screen, you will see a power button, proceed to hold it down gently and wait for a pop up with an option named “shutdown“
- Moving on, select the shutdown option and the screen will go OFF
- You can turn off the power outlet if you are not using a smart plug
In addition to all that, if you don’t turn off your peloton touch screen and leave it, It will go into sleep mode, but you have to unplug it from the power source for the bikes. if you want to OFF it
If you want to leave it ON, the energy consumption might be on the high side, but if you want to leave it on due to the possible peloton updates, and you are also considerate of the energy usage, you can get a smart plug that you can control remotely when you want it turned ON/OFF in case there is any new update.
Now, let us delve into some recommended practices to protect your peloton touch screen since it is fragile.
Recommended Tips to Protect your Peloton Touchscreen
- If you want to clean the peloton touch screen, make sure you are using a soft cloth.
- Alcohol is safe for cleaning, but avoid using detergents.
- Ensure the peloton device is kept out of reach from small children especially where they play because it could lead to damages, which can only be resolved by getting another one.
- Always press the button on the Appleton touch screen gently when you want to power it OFF.
buy now, you should have figured out how to turn on peloton bike. moving on here are commonly asked questions from peloton users
How to install peloton screen mount
If you are faced with these issues may be the movers have disassembled the screen from the mount point follow these steps
- Get off the square panel on the back of the touchscreen
- Now, position it on the same line as the monitor mount and screw it with a Philips head screwdriver along with the other small screws.
- Finally, change the square panel and then plug in the monitor cable
Peloton bike won’t turn on
If you are faced with a scenario where your peloton device doesn’t turn on, in most cases it is usually due to a loose connection. however, it is not limited to that. and to resolve, it simply Check here to fix it
Peloton touch screen not working
To resolve this, you need to be double sure that the power cable isn’t loose and properly connected to your power outlet and confirm the connection of the cords behind the touchscreen. and ensure that the ports are correctly placed in the middle port.
How to remove peloton screen
To remove the Peleton screen simply follow these steps:
- You want to first Power Off the device by unplugging the monitor cable
- Now, get off the square panel located at the back of the touchscreen
- Finally, get off the monitor screws using a Phillips head screwdriver. and get someone to hold it while you do that.
Whether you are using the Peloton Bike or Bike plus (+) the power button is located at the back of the touchscreen.
There is a power button that is located on the back of the Peloton touchscreen or video monitor.
If you enjoy running, you will agree that the peloton, the indoor bike is a pretty impressive invention, especially for remote workers. and peloton indoor bike is a pretty good choice, however, the setup process might be a bit uneasy, as you have to get a helping hand due to the size and while fixing the touchscreen.
But if you are using the Peloton bike plus, the process of installing takes a bit longer, and it is okay. you just have to follow the steps above to figure out how to turn on Peloton bike depending o the one you have.