If you no longer know your iPhone unlock passcode and would like to know if there is a way you can unlock your iPhone passcode without a computer, here is an article for you; in the article, you will learn the steps to take on; how to unlock your iPhone passcode without a computer.
As an iPhone user, you can use different security measures to protect your iPhone from unauthorized access, including a face ID, Touch ID, passcode, and the iCloud activation lock.
The passcode is a backup security measure used whenever your fingerprint is not registered, your face ID is not being recognized, you have just performed a factory reset on your iPhone, or you have not unlocked your iPhone in about 48 hours.
If you are facing any of these situations and have forgotten your iPhone passcode, you will be unable to unlock your device.
You can read the next section of this article to learn how you can unlock your iPhone passcode without a computer.
How to Unlock your iPhone Passcode Without a Computer
If you are in a situation where you need to unlock your iPhone with the passcode, but you have forgotten the passcode and you do not have a computer nearby that you can use to unlock your iPhone.
This section of the article will look at the methods you can use to unlock your iPhone passcode without using a computer.
Unlock iPhone Passcode with Find My iPhone
You need another iOS device, like another iPhone or an iPad, to use this method.
If there is an iOS device that you can use to unlock your iPhone, you can use the find my iPhone method by following the instructions below.
- Download and install the Find my iPhone app on the iOS device you want to use to unlock your iPhone.
- Then launch the app and use your Apple ID and password in the signup screen and click on the signup button to log in.
- Then you will see the list of devices, including your iPhone, that is connected to your Apple account.
- You can then click on your locked iPhone and click on the erase iPhone option to clear the data on that iPhone.
Once the data is erased, your iPhone will be automatically unlocked; you can then go back to your iPhone, set it up and click on the “restore from iCloud backup” and input your iCloud details to restore your deleted information.
You can then set up another iPhone passcode that you can use as a fallback when it is required to unlock your iPhone with a passcode.
Unlock iPhone Passcode using Siri
If you are using any iOS version from iOS 8 and above, you can explore a loophole in Siri to unlock your iPhone without the passcode.
You can achieve this by following the instructions below.
- Ask Siri any question like “What time is it right now in Antarctica.”
- Then click on the global clock icon in the bottom left corner to choose and add another clock.
- Then try to send a new message and click on the share and messages buttons.
- If you prefer another action besides texting, you can add pictures after creating a new contact, then attempt to access, view, and choose photos from your iPhone’s library after adding photos to your iPhone.
- Once inside the library, select “home” or “Return” from the menu.
If you have followed these instructions, you will see that you have been able to unlock your iPhone passcode without a computer.
You can use any of the methods explained in this article’s section to unlock an iPhone passcode without using a computer.
You can also learn How to Fix “ Sharing Name And Photo Not Available” on iPhone.
How to Unlock iPhone Passcode With Computer
If you have forgotten your iPhone passcode, the best way to unlock your iPhone is to use a computer.
If you have a MAC or a Windows personal computer with you, you can easily unlock your iPhone passcode by following the instructions below.
- Turn on your MAC, and if you are using a Windows PC, ensure that it runs on windows 10 and has iTunes installed.
- Turn off your iPhone by pressing the right buttons, depending on your model, and dragging the slider to shut it down.
- Then put your iPhone in recovery mode by pressing the side buttons, volume buttons, or home buttons, depending on your iPhone model, till the recovery mode screen appears on your device.
- Then locate your iPhone using the finder or iTunes app on the computer your iPhone is connected to, and click on restore from the restore or update option.
- Your computer will automatically start downloading the necessary software on your iPhone, and once the download is complete, you should turn off your iPhone and turn it back on.
- Then follow any prompt on your screen to complete the process.
- Once you are done, you can disconnect your iPhone from the computer and complete the process of setting up your device.
Can I Unlock my iPhone Passcode with Another Device?
Yes, you can unlock your iPhone passcode using another iOS device. You can achieve this by following the instructions below.
- Download and install the Find my iPhone app on the iOS device you intend to use to unlock your iPhone.
- Then open the app, sign up using your Apple ID and password, and log in by clicking the signup button.
- You will then see a list of the Apple devices linked to your Apple account, including your iPhone.
- Then, you should click on your locked iPhone and select the option to “erase iPhone” to remove all of its data.
Once the data has been erased, your iPhone will be unlocked, and you can then set up your iPhone and restore the data from your iCloud backup.
Can I Reset My iPhone Password From My Computer?
Yes, you can use your computer to reset your iPhone password; you can do this by following the instructions below.
- Turn on your computer, and if it’s a PC, make sure that Windows 10 and iTunes software are installed.
- Depending on your model, turn off your iPhone by pressing the appropriate buttons and sliding the slider.
- Then press the side buttons, volume buttons, or home buttons, depending on your iPhone model, until your iPhone is in recovery mode.
- Click on restore from the restore or update option after finding your iPhone using the finder or iTunes software on the computer to which your iPhone is connected.
- Your computer will begin downloading the necessary software for your iPhone automatically; once it has finished downloading, you should turn it off and back on.
- Then, to finish the process, follow any prompts that might show up on your screen.
You can remove your iPhone from the computer and finish setting up as soon as you’re done.
This article has explained the available methods you can use to unlock iPhone passcode without a computer. We also looked at how you can unlock your iPhone using a computer.