In discussing how to update Orbi CBK43 firmware, let me start by saying, that if we want to list out the benefits of having a Wi-Fi system, it will be a page long. Then, if we go ahead to narrow it down to the Orbi Wi-Fi system in particular, the list could get even longer.
The router, which is a ”new mesh” Wi-Fi router, is designed such that it can replace your cable modem. Mesh here means that the WiFi system relies on multiple nodes.
So, one node serves as the primary router and is directly wired into your gateway connection while the other nodes act as satellites. Then collectively, these nodes behave like a single seamless network.
Being a 2-in-1 device, with a built-in cable modem and a router that can offer Wi-Fi coverage of up to 4,000 square feet, Orbi CBK43 affords you convenience of not having to carry your Wi-Fi system everywhere and this is possible because of its multiple nodes, so you can just connect to the Wi-Fi node closest to you.
What we mean is, if you’re in the kitchen, you can connect to the closest Wi-Fi node. If you’re in the backyard, you can connect to the closest Wi-Fi node.
It’s all the same network but your devices will connect in the way that makes the most sense. This allows for better performance and less network congestion.
One thing we will not fail to point out as in discussing how to update Orbi CBK43 firmware, is the fact that the firmware for your Orbi router and Orbi satellite is different and it is advised that you update both firmwares separately.
Why You Should Update Your Orbi CBK43 Firmware
Should you don’t know why you should consider updatin your Orbi CBK43 firmware, here are some point to consider.
1. When you update your Orbi CBK43 firmware, you will get advanced operational instructions on your WiFi system.
2. Secondlyy, updating the firmware, allows you explore new features that are added to the Orbi CBK43.
3. Updating your Orbi CBK40 firmware also helps to ensure that important security features are up to date. I am sure you don’t want strange devices encroaching into your Wi-Fi connection so it is important to keep it secured and ensure your privacy.
4. Need we say, how that everyday, there are new advances in technology and that makes a firmware update necessary as it helps your devices (in this case your Orbi router) remain competitive with newer models.
How To Update Orbi CBK43 Firmware.
The idea of updating firmwares comes from manufacturers, because they are always designing new codes in order to upgrade their devices.
Firmware upgrades usually have nothing to do with the hardware of the device as they are mainly meant to improve the way a system works with the addition of new features that enhances users experience.
With that said, All you need to do, to update your Orbi CBK43 Satellite firmware is;
- Download the firmware for your Orbi satellite from the NETGEAR Download Center and saving it to your desktop.
- Click the Manual Update tab.
- From there, the Firmware Update page pops up.
- Select the check box next to your satellite’s model name, in this CBK43.
- Click the Update button.
- The Orbi satellite Firmware Update window opens.
- If the browser asks you for the admin password, enter the same password you entered for the Orbi router.
- Click the BROWSE button, then locate and select the file that ends in .img or .chk on your desktop.
- Click the UPLOAD button to upload the firmware file.
- That process should take a few minutes to complete.
- After your Orbi satellite finishes updating, select Status and make sure that the firmware version on the Status page matches the firmware version on the NETGEAR Support page.
- With that done, you have been able to successfully update your CBK43 firmware.
Don’t miss “How To Update Orbi CBK40 Firmware”
How To Update Orbi CBK43 Firmware Automatically
The Orbi CBK43 Firmware can also be updated automatically, using the ‘Auto-update’ feature available in the Orbi which if enabled can auto-update the version when available.
To automatically update your Orbi CBK43 firmware, you need to;
- Log in using your administrator password.
- Select Advanced > Security > Schedule.
- Make sure that your time zone is set correctly.
- This is because your automatic update will take place based on the setting of the timezone.
It is advised to set the time between 1 am and 4am as those are a more convenient time, to update firmwares as compared to the daytime when you could be using Wi-Fi system and then get disrupted because of updates.
How To Fix Orbi CBK43 Firmware not Updating.
If you experience any difficulties at the point of trying to update your Orbi CBK43, these are some things you need to do to get the process going as should.
- Turn off the power supply of your Orbi satellite.
- Check and disconnect all the wires connected to the satellite.
- Try waiting for a few minutes. Thereafter, you can reconnect the cables to the satellite.
- Then, turn on the power supply of the satellite.
- After that, open the web browser on your computer and open the Orbilogin.com web page. Check if your router is searching for auto firmware update.
- You may also try taking your satellite to a different position to ensure that the strength of WiFi signal is good enough to update firmware automatically.
- Then try to reset your router if the strength of the signal is poor.
I am sure having gone through this article, you will agree with me that firmware updates play a vital role in enhancing your device’s functionality and this is just why you have to always update your Orbi CBK43 firmware as often as possible.
Each update not only enhances your router’s performance, but also guarantees you a better user experience.