Did you know, that being able to update your Orbi CBR40 firmware regularly does your WiFi system a whole lot of good?
Let’s face it, how often do you even interact with your Wi-Fi system, because the most interaction many people have with their router is when they are turning it on or off.
Meanwhile, it is necessary that you update your Orbi CBR40 firmware, in order to keep the security features up to date.
There are a lot more benefits you derive when you regularly update your Orbi CBR40 firmware. So, this article will make you see those and also take you through the simple steps you need to follow when you want to update the Orbi CBR40 firmware. Stay tuned.
How To Set Up Orbi CBR40 WiFi System
It goes without saying, you cannot update Orbi CBR40 firmware, without first setting up the Orbi WiFi system. So to set up the system, this is what you need to do;
What you must first understand is that an Orbi WiFi System is made up of an Orbi router and one or more Orbi satellites.
- First of all, download the Orbi app from orbi-app.com and launch it.
- As a rule of thumb, you will have to create a NETGEAR account, the first time you launch the app. Your NETGEAR account allows you to register NETGEAR products, post to the NETGEAR Community, and receive email support and product offers.
- After you log in, tap GET STARTED!
- Then, tap ENABLE CAMERA AND SCAN, what you are scanning is the QR code on your Orbi router’s sleeve or base, and tap CONTINUE.
- Select your product and the number of Orbi satellites in your system, then tap CONTINUE.
From here you can now Restart your Modem by;
- Locating your modem, then tap CONTINUE.
- Unplug your modem and tap CONTINUE.
- Plug your modem back in and wait for the lights to come on, then tap CONTINUE.
With that done, move ahead to connect your Orbi WiFi System by;
- Connecting your Orbi router’s yellow Internet port to your modem’s Ethernet port using the included Ethernet cable.
- Plugging your Orbi router into an outlet using the supplied power adapter.
- Wait for your Orbi router to start up.
- The Orbi router’s ring LED shows a pale white during start up and then becomes solid white and you will have to with as this can take up to five minutes.
- Plug your Orbi satellites into outlets in the same room as your Orbi router using the supplied power adapters.
Now, return to the Orbi App and tap Continue. A progress bar displays while your Orbi router is starting up. Next thing is to connect to your Orbi router’s default WiFi by;
- Opening the WiFi settings on your mobile device.
- Connecting to your Orbi’s default WiFi SSID, which is found on your Orbi router’s product label.
- After your mobile device successfully connects to your Orbi router’s default WiFi SSID, return to the Orbi app and tap CONTINUE.
- Tap CONTINUE, so the Personalize your settings page displays.
- Tap NEXT, then, the Create WiFi network page displays.
- Proceed to choosing your Orbi WiFi network name (SSID) and password, then tap NEXT.
- You use these credentials to connect devices to your Orbi WiFi network.
- The Set up Admin Login page displays.
- Choose your Orbi router’s admin password then tap NEXT. You use these credentials to access your Orbi router settings.
- Meanwhile, coosing a password that is different from your Orbi WiFi password is recommended.
- Tap NEXT, so the Set Up Security Questions page displays.
- Select and answer two security questions from the drop-down menus and tap NEXT.
- You use these questions to recover your Orbi router admin credentials if you forget them.
- If prompted by your mobile device, allow suggested WiFi networks.
- Your mobile device connects to your new Orbi WiFi network.
- With that done, you have your Orbi WiFi system successfully set up and ready.
How To Update Orbi CBR40 Firmware
With your Orbi CBR40 Router set up done, proceed to updating your firmware and this can be done in three different ways. You can update your Orbi CBR40 firmware, through;
- A web domain
- The NetGear App
How To Update Orbi CBR40 Firmware With Web Domain
- Open the web browser.
- Now you can also write www.orbilogin.com or the IP address, which is 1918.104.22.168
- Then you can now use the username as the admin and the password as the password.
- Then you can now tap on the advance settings.
- A firmware update feature pops up.
- Tap on it and voilà! you can now use the latest firmware.
How To Update Orbi CBR40 Firmware Using The NetGear App
- Go to play store on your device.
- Search for and download the Netgear Orbi app.
- Then install it.
- Endeavour to write the details of the router.
- Tap on the settings.
- The firmware update pops up.
- Now, you can also receive the message for the latest release firmware.
- Enjoy the latest firmware.
How To Update Orbi CBR40 Firmware Manually.
- Start by connecting the laptop and the router.
- Then open any web browser.
- Go to the official website of Netgear.
- Click on the download center.
- Then enter the details of the Orbi router.
- Search for the latest firmware.
- Click on it.
- Download the latest firmware.
- Save in the file of your computer.
- Endeavour to the write this down, www.orbilogin.com, or the IP address is 192.168.1.1.
- Then you can use the username as the admin and the password as the password.
- From there, go to the advanced settings.
- Here is the system tool.
- Now update the firmware, try to give it time to update without any disruptions and voilà, you can now use the latest firmware of the router.
I saw this description of a firmware that simply explains its importance, so I have to share it here. It says ” a firmware makes computers work. Without it, the hardware would not know how to do its job”.
Now, when you update your Orbi CBR40 firmware, you are protecting your computers privacy and all of your online transactions because an updated firmware comes with new features designed for that purpose.