TikTok is one of the most trending apps in the world today. On this application, you will find videos ranging from comedic skits, people dancing, lip jibing, business owners jingle, and many others. However, if you wondered how these videos are uploaded here is a guide for you. Here in this article, we will show you how to upload videos on TikTok if you are new to the platform.
To get started on this multi-purpose application even if you are just a casual viewer or you intend to upload a video too, you need to get accustomed to how to upload videos on TikTok and understand how the app works.
This guide for TikTok beginners will help you become a pro within a short time.
Note that you don’t have to make your video from the TikTok app itself. You can make the video from your phone gallery and then upload videos on TikTok.
However, before you go ahead to upload videos, you need to create an account and make your TikTok account private in case you don’t want strangers viewing your videos. But for massive TikTok views on your videos, you’d need to make your account public.
With this feature enabled on your TikTok, you get to choose who wants to view your videos and many more. Read on how to upload videos on TikTok.
How to Create a TikTok Account
Before you get started, you need to have a TikTok account. It’s under this account you get to upload different videos you desire.
Here’s how to create a TikTok account:
- Download the TikTok app from the App Store or Google Play on your smartphone or iPad.
- Launch the TikTok app and select how to sign up.
- Enter your birthday information (At least you must be 13 years old before you can create a TikTok account and there are other age-related restrictions on the app that ensure community security).
- In case you are using the phone number or email address option to create a TikTok account, you will be asked to enter it and create a password you can always remember.
- Now, select your username. If you are a business owner, you can use the same username you have on your other social media platforms to help your customers find you easily. Ensure the name you finally picked is something you can easily remember (You can always change it later, though).
That’s it! After this, you can synchronize your contacts to search for friends on the app.
How to Complete your TikTok Profile
TikTok will also direct you to complete your profile by taking the following 3 steps:
- Add a profile photo.
- Add your bio.
- Add your name.
You can as well add your pronouns and link your Instagram and YouTube accounts by clicking on Edit profile.
How to Make TikTok Account Private
Once you can successfully set up your TikTok account, you need to decide if you want to make your account private or not.
In case you don’t want strangers to have access to view your videos, follow the steps below to make your TikTok account private:
- Go to the profile icon on the right side of the bottom Menu bar.
- From your profile, tap the three dots in the top-right corner of the screen.
- Now, go to Privacy, and click on the Private Account button to turn this setting on.
- Once you can make your account private, other users won’t follow you without your consent.
- From here, you can as well change other privacy settings relating to comments, duets, messaging, and many more.
Note that even after making your account private, TikTok can still be a privacy concern.
How to Upload Videos on TikTok after Recording from your Gallery
After you must have created an amazing video on your phone, you can make good video edits with it and upload it on TikTok.
Interestingly, you don’t have to record your video via TikTok to post it.
Follow the steps below to upload videos on TikTok after recording from your gallery:
- Open up TikTok and tap on the plus sign icon at the bottom of the screen.
- Once you scroll to the recording screen, click on the Upload button in the bottom right corner.
- This action will take you to your phone’s gallery where you can choose the exact photos or videos you want to upload.
- To upload more than one video, click on the first video you wish to use, preview it, and then click on Select in the bottom left corner.
- Repeat this step for other videos or photos you want to upload.
After that, click on Next in the bottom right corner, and you can go ahead to edit the length of the video, as well as add text and filters.
How to Upload Videos on TikTok Directly
If you want to upload videos on the TikTok app directly, here’s how to go about it. Follow the steps below:
- Click on the + sign at the bottom of your screen or tap Create a video on your profile page.
- Begin filming by clicking on the red Record button.
- Before recording, select whether you want to make a 15-second, 60-second, or 3-minute video (TikTok now allows you to upload up to 10 minutes of video). Isn’t that amazing?
- Trim the length of your clips by clicking on Adjust Clips on the right-hand Menu and tapping Save.
- Add music by tapping on the Add song button at the bottom of the screen.
- TikTok will recommend different tracks based on the content of your video, but you can also use the search bar to look for other songs or sound effects.
- Add effects, stickers, or text to your videos by clicking on the options in the right-hand menu.
- In case your video contains speaking, you can add captions to improve accessibility.
- Once you are done editing your video, click on the red Next button at the bottom of the screen.
- You can now add hashtags, tag other users, and adjust settings like Allow Duet (which allows other users to create a split-screen TikTok using your video) or Allow Stitch (which allows them to edit clips of your video into their own).
- You can as well click on Select cover to adjust which video will still appear in your feed.
- Click on Post!
That’s it! You did it! Once you have been able to make a few videos successfully, you can save your top-performing ones together in a TikTok playlist. If you wish. This is how to upload videos on TikTok directly.
How to make a TikTok with multiple videos
In case you want to make use of multiple videos to make a TikTok, here’s how to go about it. Follow the steps below:
- Click on the + sign at the bottom of your screen.
- Click on Upload located at the bottom right.
- Then choose Videos at the top of the screen to filter for the videos in your Camera Roll.
- You can now add multiple clips or add a mix of photos and videos!
- Choose the videos you wish to add (It can only accept a maximum of 35 videos.)
- Click on Next to continue.
- Click Adjust Clip to reorder your videos.
- You can also add Music or Sound Effects.
- TikTok will suggest audio clips based on the content of your video as well as your clips’ length.
- You can also select Default if you want to use the sound in your original video.
- Once you are done, click on Next.
- From here, you can add several video effects, stickers, and text.
- You can try Noise Reducer if your clips have a lot of background noise.
- You can also add a voiceover.
- This will be layered over the original sound in your video clips or the track you have chosen.
- Add your desired caption and hashtags, tag other users, and manage your video settings.
- Click on Post and start sharing!
How to make a TikTok with Pictures
In case you simply want to display some pictures as a business owner just advertising your goods, you can make a TikTok with pictures by following the steps below:
- Click on the + sign at the bottom of your screen.
- Click on Upload on the bottom right.
- Then choose Photos at the top of the screen to filter for the photos in your Camera Roll.
- Choose up to 35 images you want to include.
- Select them in the order that you would like them to appear unlike video clips, you can’t rearrange them while editing.
- Once you have all your photos ready, click on Next to add music, effects, stickers, and more.
- Your photos will display in Video Mode, which implies that they will play in order.
- You can switch to Photo Mode, which allows users to toggle between images like a slideshow.
- You can select a song or sound effect by clicking on the music button at the top or pressing Voiceover to record an audio track to go along with your images.
- Once you are done, add your caption and hashtags, then tag other users, and edit your video settings.
- Click on Post and begin sharing!
This is how to make TikTok with videos.
How to Upload a 3-minute TikTok Video
There are several ways in which you can make a 3-minute TikTok video. We will be discussing how to record it in the app, follow the steps below:
- Click on the + sign at the bottom of your screen to begin a new video.
- Swipe to choose a 3-minute recording length.
- You can stop and begin your recording by clicking on the red Record button.
- Once you have a complete 3 minutes of footage, you can add your video effects, music, voiceovers, and more.
This is how to upload a 3-minute TikTok video.
How to Set a Timer to Record Videos on TikTok
Pressing down the record button to create videos can require a lot of hard work. After all, you might need to use both of your hands during the video. Therefore, the timer feature makes recording much easier.
Follow the steps below to set a Timer to record video on TikTok:
- Click on the plus sign at the bottom of the screen to begin making your video.
- Instead of holding down the big red button, tap on Timer on the right side of the screen.
- This allows you to select the stopping time of your video.
- Once you use the slider to choose a time, TikTok will display a countdown of three seconds before it begins recording.
That’s it! Very straightforward!
How to Download TikTok Videos
After making a video on TikTok, you need to download the TikTok video. Follow the steps below to download TikTok videos:
- Go to the video you wish to download and choose the arrow icon on the right side of the screen.
- Tap on Save video, and it will get downloaded right to your phone.
- You can as well download TikTok videos to your desktop.
That’s it! You have successfully downloaded TikTok videos.
How to Use a Song from Someone Else’s TikTok Video
You don’t have to use any of the music recognition apps to search for songs on TikTok. Once you come across a song in someone else’s video that you like and would want to use, follow the steps below:
- Choose the video, and tap on the vinyl record icon in the bottom right corner of the screen.
- TikTok will display the name of the song, as well as videos of other users that have used it.
- To incorporate it in your video, choose to Use this sound to begin recording.
This is how to use song songs from someone else’s TikTok video
How to Create a Lip-Syncing TikTok Video
TikTok is well-known for its wide selection of lip-syncing videos. In case you have ever tried making your own, but had issues matching your lips to the words of the song. Then, you can use TikTok’s editing tools to make your lip-syncing video perfect. Follow the steps below:
- After recording your video, add the song that you are lip-syncing to from the Sounds button on the bottom of the screen.
- Now, click on the scissors icon at the top-right of the Sounds Menu.
- You can then drag the slider at the bottom of the screen to set the time that the song will begin.
- Once you are done, click on the checkmark button, and your lips should match perfectly with the song now.
This is all you need on how to upload videos on TikTok. Feel free to drop in your comment below if you can now upload videos on TikTok like a pro.