Making use of Chromecast is an easy way to cellularly send Twitch streams from one device, like your smartphone or tablet, to your TV screen. Some smart TVs are compatible with Chromecast, while others require the purchase of a Chromecast dongle. Here’s what you need to know about how to use Twitch TV on Chromecast.
Twitch TV launched in 2011 is a video streaming service, a subsidiary of Amazon and operated by Twitch Interactive. For beginners, Twitch is an Online platform, and users transmit various videos or live streams. Contents related to Twitch include gaming and other live streaming shows.
Users who have an Amazon Prime account can access Twitch channel subscriptions for free. Twitch also offers absolute broadcasting across devices including streaming content to a bigger screen using devices such as Chromecast, Roku, Firestick, Apple TV, etc.
Using Chromecast to live stream different media is quite simple and it requires the very slightest setup beyond turning your devices on and ensuring they’re all connected to the same Wi-Fi network.
In case you have a Chromecast and you are looking for ways to use Twitch TV on Chromecast, look no further because all you need is embedded in this article. Follow through carefully to learn how you can use Twitch TV on Chromecast using various devices.
How to Cast Twitch to TV via Google Chrome On PC
Just in case you don’t have an iOS or Android smartphone with the Twitch app installed, you can also Twitch TV cast by using Google Chrome on your PC. Follow the steps below:
- Google Chrome browser must be installed on your device.
- Open Google Chrome on your PC.
- Navigate to the Twitch website (https://www.twitch.tv/) and start watching a stream.
- Move your mouse cursor over the video player so several playback buttons can appear
- Click on the Cast icon.
- Select the name of your Chromecast dongle or smart TV.
- The Twitch stream should start playing on your TV.
- A blue Cast icon will be displayed within your Google Chrome toolbar.
- Once connected to the Chromecast, you should be able to fling content to the bigger screen.
How to Chromecast Twitch Using Smartphone
Even if you have a Chromecast built-in TV, you could cast Twitch videos to it from your Chrome browser installed Smartphone. A smartphone is the most used device, almost everyone owns a smartphone. Follow these steps below to Cast Twitch on Chromecast using an Android smartphone:
- Go to the Twitch app on your Smartphone and open it.
- Choose any video of your choice to cast.
- Open the video, then you will find a cast icon at the top side of the video (You won’t find the cast icon if your smartphone and Chromecast are not connected to the same WiFi network).
- Tap on the cast iron to cast it on your Chromecast.
- Select your device from the list of available devices.
- You can now enjoy the Twitch TV on a big screen.
While casting, you can also multitask with your smartphone for other purposes without turning off the WiFi connection.
How to Use Twitch TV On Chromecast
Ensure you set up Chromecast to a TV through an HDMI port (if you are a starter). You need to download the Twitch app(Android/iOS) and install it on your device. Make sure your smartphone and Chromecast are connected to the same Wifi network. Follow the steps below to cast:
- Start your Chromecast by connecting it to your Chromecast-compatible smart TV.
- Configure it with the Google Home app.
- Log in with your details to your Twitch App account after opening the App.
- Tap on a video or a live stream to view.
- A cast icon will be displayed at the top of the app menu or inside the video player also at the top.
- Click on the icon and select your Chromecast from the list of available devices (the Cast icon should change to solid white color when connected)
- Your TV will pop up a message indicating it’s ready to cast.
- Click on a Twitch stream within the Twitch app so it could play automatically on your TV
- Now, you can see the content(Video/Livestream) on your TV.
The cast icon will only be visible when you connect your devices to the same WiFi network. Twitch supports Chromecast naturally, therefore, you shouldn’t face any problem if you follow the steps correctly.
Simple Fixes To Try If Twitch Not Working on Chromecast
Due to some reasons, the Twitch may not be cast to your desired device. The reason may differ according to the problem. Regardless of the reason, try these steps out to solve the problem:
- Ensure the Chromecast is properly connected to the TV.
- Select the right input source on your TV.
- Ensure to check for recent updates on your Chromecast device and Twitch app.
- Uninstall the Twitch app on your smartphone >> restart your device >> reinstall the Twitch app.
The issue should be fixed with the above steps. If not, reset your Chromecast and then try to cast the Twitch videos.
We have discussed the method to Cast Twitch on Chromecast using smartphones and Computers in this article. If you had any issues related to the guide, state them in the comments section below. For related articles, click here.