Xfinity Stream, owned by Comcast, represents a top online streaming app that provides live TV and on-demand videos. With Xfinity Stream and on your device, you can get to stream live TV, on-demand videos, and also popular movies and TV shows. You can also install Xfinity Stream on your Firestick and enjoy what Xfinity Stream has to offer on your TV. Xfinity Stream is the best app to have on your Firestick if you are a fan of cord-cutters. Provided below are steps by which you can install Xfinity Stream on your Firestick and enjoy its privileges.
How to Download Xfinity Stream App
Amazon has got its own app store where you can install available apps. It is where you will find Xfinity Stream. Follow the steps we have provided below to download and install Xfinity Stream on Amazon Firestick.
- First, hit the Search icon on the Firestick Home screen.
- Enter Xfinity Stream by making use of the on-screen keyboard. Then search for it.
- Next, choose the Xfinity Stream app on the searched results.
- To download the Xfinity Stream app, click the Get icon.
At this stage, the app will start to download. When the app is downloaded, you will then need to hit the Open button to run the app.
An alternative to Download and Install the Xfinity Stream app
It is quite possible that you won’t be able to download the Xfinity Stream app on your Firestick. This could be largely in part to the geo-restrictions imposed by the app. If you are facing this issue, one solution is to make use of third-party installers to get the app on your Firestick.
The Downloader app, for one, remains the best for downloading apps on Firestick and it is available on the Amazon App Store.
To install the app, try using the same steps that you have used to download the Xfinity Stream.
And if you wish to bypass the geo-restrictions of Xfinity Stream, use any of the top VPN we listed here and set your location to the USA.
There is an alternative method if you are not able to download the Xfinity app from the official app store. Just try to install it as a third-party app.
If you want to be able to download and install apps using third-party apps, you will need to turn on Apps from Unknown Sources. If you omit this process, you will not be able to install any apps from third-party apps. To turn on this feature, try following the below steps.
- Hit the Settings icon on the Firestick Home Screen.
- Next, hit the My Fire TV or Devices option.
- Select the Developer Option.
- Under the Developer Option, select Apps from Unknown Sources to turn on.
- Select Turn On, which will be seen in the next pop-up shown. It will then be turned on.
- By now, you should be ready to install the Xfinity Stream on your Firestick.
How to get Xfinity Stream App using Downloader
Follow these steps below to download the app:
- First, open the Downloader app on your Firestick. A pop-up will next appear. Click Allow.
- Next, click the Home button to get to the search bar.
- When you get to the search bar, type the URL “https://bit.ly/3f2P1AT” then click the Go button.
- The app will then start to download. When the app is downloaded, click the Install button to install the app.
- After the installation is complete, click Done.
Another pop-up will appear. On the next pop-up, tap Delete to delete the apk file. The reason being that there is no need to keep the apk file once the app is installed.
- Tap Delete for the second time for confirmation. The apk will be deleted.
How Do I Use Xfinity Stream On Firestick?
By now, we expect that you have successfully installed the Xfinity app on your Firestick. But if you do not know how to use the app and you wish to know, read the steps we have provided below;
- First, take note of this; The installed app will be available on Your Apps & Channels menu.
- Next, open the app from Your Apps & Channels menu.
- Tap the Get Started button.
- Next, enter your login credentials then tap Sign In.
When you are done, you will get the live TV channels, movies, TV shows that are available on the Xfinity Stream app. Play any video and enjoy streaming.