Airpods is one of Apple’s groundbreaking inventions. The device is top grade and gives a different hearing experience when compared to other hearing devices. Meanwhile, using Apple Airpod can be complicated for a new user and that is why we brought you this guide on how to use Airpod.
Understand that Airpods are wireless and can be connected and used with Bluetooth devices. Once connected, it transmits and performs all audio functionality including Siri connectivity. But Siri connectivity is exclusive to iPads or iPhones running iOS 10.2 or higher. It also supports a Mac running OS X Sierra.
Table of Contents
Different Ways to Use Airpods
We will be discussing the different ways to use Airpods and how to go about them. Ranging from pairing to disconnecting and special considerations to certain iOS, you are sure to understand this topic perfectly.
Pair Airpod with iPhone running iOS 10.2 or recent
To do this;
- Unlock your phone if locked
- Make sure you are on the home screen
- With your AirPods in their case, hold it close to your iPhone
- Now open the lid of the Airpods case. This causes a setup assistant to pop up on your iPhone
- Tap Connect to start the Pairing process
- Click Done to complete the process
Meanwhile, if you are signed in to iCloud, your Airpods will be automatically paired with any other devices that run the iOS 10.2 or higher and are signed in to iCloud with same Apple ID.
Using Airpod with other iPhones
To use Airpods with other iPhones;
- Hold the case next to your iPhone with its lid closed
- As early stated, open the lid on the Airpods case
- Long press the setup button on the back of the Airpods case until a white light flashes
- Proceed to open the Settings App on your iPhone
- Go to Bluetooth and turn it on
- Tap Airpods as it appears in the “Other devices” section
- Once paired, it moves to the “My devices” section
You’re good to go. Your AirPods are ready for use.
How to use Airpod with Mac
You might want to use your Airpod with a Mac computer this can be done by;
- Clicking on the Apple icon in the top left corner of your Mac screen
- Tap on System Preferences
- Tap Bluetooth to turn it on
- Now hold your Airpods close to your Mac with the case lids closed
- Proceed to open the lid of the Airpods case
- As stated in the previous guide, press and hold the Setup button till it flashes the white light
- Click on Airpods to pair
Your AirPods will then pair with your Mac computer.airpods
Using Airpod with Windows 10 PC
It’s good news that Apple didn’t restrict the Airpod use to Apple products only. You can use Airpods with a Windows 10 PC, Yes! To do this;
- Open your Airpods case and press the button that initiates the pairing process on your device
- You can get a notification to pair using Swiftpair, accept it.
- After this, proceed to open Bluetooth on your Windows 10 PC
- Click on Add a Device
- Choose Bluetooth
- Then Choose Airpods
- Now you let Windows finish the pairing process
Once the pairing process is done by Windows Update, you are done and ready to listen to your computer through your Airpods.
Apple configured the Airpod to be chargeable. Apple could have made it a device that uses a battery but its chargeable future surely complements its grade and uniqueness. To charge your Airpods;
- Place Airpods in their respective case
- Close the case lid. This allows it to charge as the case also serves as a charger and charges your Airpods once closed in.
- Use the USB Lightning cable packaged with your Airpods when you got them
- This charges the Airpods and the case at the same time
- You can also connect the USB end to an AC adapter or desktop computer to charge.
Listening with Airpods
We decided to reserve this ultimate guide for the last show. As we earlier stated, it might appear complicated for a new user to understand how to use Airpods. And do you know if Airpods are waterproof or water-resistant? Check here to know, but first, this simple guide is sure to be useful in the actual use of your Airpods;
- Remove each Airpod from their compartment. When removed, they are automatically turned on and ready for use.
- Put each pod in their respective ears. Once connected to a supporting device of your choice, you can start a video, song, podcast or any other audio playback.
- Each Airpod simultaneously pairs with iPhone and Apple watch. This means that you will receive audio from both your Apple Watch and iPhone without having to singularly pair and unpair each of them.
With an apt understanding of this article, you are assured of being able to use your Apple Airpods with either an iPhone, Mac or a Windows 10 PC.
What has been your experience with using each Airpod with an Apple device? Kindly share with us in the comments section.