Let’s talk about the new “WhatsApp Google voice typing” that help users to leave a message without typing a word. This is a new feature though but it’s one of the most anticipated features on the WhatsApp app of recent.
The WhatsApp Google voice typings is more like the Google voice command or “OK Google“ that listen and execute your command once initiate the Android feature.
You also enjoy this feature in some other devices such as Apple remote with voice command or Alexa.
Therefore, here in this article, I will walk you through how to enable and use the WhatsApp Google voice typing” feature on your Android phone.
How to Use the WhatsApp Google Voice Typing?
In a short note, to use the Google voice typing on WhatsApp, you need to access the mic icon on the keyboard, then you may begin dictating a message right from within the app once the mic says listening.
This post will show you how to use Gboard to voice type on WhatsApp. Let’s get started on how to use Google voice typing on WhatsApp Google.
WhatsApp is one of the most used applications accessed by billions of people all around the world to communicate with family and friends. It is almost often one of the first apps to be installed once you purchase a new smartphone. WhatsApp has gained ground in our daily routines and has been upgraded over the past years, making it more efficient than ever.
To use the Google voice typing feature on WhatsApp, the Android users will need to click on the mic icon just above the keyboard and dictate the message to be sent, while this icon is located on the bottom right for iOS users. The dictation feature is available on Android and iOS devices.
Most smartphone users are already used to smart voice assistants such as Google Assistant and Siri. WhatsApp has so made it easier for its users to type messages with this Google voice feature. However, a few irregularities have been found during the dictation tests like when you say “full stop” it writes the word instead of putting just a “.”. Finally, you have to press the send button to push the message. This feature is very good especially when you need to type long messages.
Benefits of using WhatsApp Google Voice Typing?
Just before looking at the simple steps on how to start voice typing on WhatsApp with any of your favorite keyboard apps, check out the main benefits of using Google voice typing on WhatsApp below:
- This feature enables you to type or create messages more quickly.
- You won’t need to type text with your fingertips.
- In case you want to send long texts, it saves you time.
- This feature automatically helps you correct wrongly uttered words which may only be possible with the use of a dictionary.
These and many more are the benefits of adopting voice typing over regular typing.
How to Dictate your message on WhatsApp Via Google voice typing
Ok.. Here is the deal. For Android and iOS [iPhone & iPad] you can follow the steps below to learn to use the WhatsApp Google Voice Typing.
On Android Devices
Follow the steps below to dictate your message using the Gboard app (or any of your selected keyboard) for voice typing:
- If the voice typing option hasn’t been enabled by default, you must enable the voice typing option on Gboard.
- Check if the Mic icon appears at the top of the keyboard interface, if not the voice typing capability has been disabled.
- Open the Settings app on your device.
- Navigate to the bottom and choose System.
- Select Languages & Input.
- Click on Gboard under the Available Keyboard category in Virtual Keyboard.
- Activate Voice typing under the Gboard settings menu.
- Go to the Text correction menu and enable the Show suggestion strip option to make the Mic icon appear on the keyboard
How to use the Voice Typing Feature on Gboard via WhatsApp
Following the activation process of the voice typing feature on Gboard, follow the steps below to use the voice typing feature on Gboard on WhatsApp:
- Set up the WhatsApp app on your phone.
- Tap on individual or group chat that you want to send a voice message.
- When you click on the text field, the Gboard interface will be displayed.
- Select the message box.
- A Mic icon will appear at the top strip of the keyboard interface.
- Tap on the microphone icon on the keyboard.
- Once you tap it, Gboard will direct you to record, permitting you.
- Once you grant it, the microphone will start to listen to what you are saying and will begin typing as you speak.
- You can also use your voice to add punctuation. To add punctuations in your message while voice typing, simply pronounce the punctuation mark. For instance, if you want to add a full stop “.”, all you have to say is “full stop”, or “comma”, “hyphen” and the keyboard will do the rest by inserting your message.
How to Send your messages via Google voice typing on WhatsApp
On iOS devices
Below are steps to send WhatsApp messages without having to type on iOS. This feature is available from iOS 10.3 to later users. Here’s how to send the messages:
- Turn on Listen for “Hey Siri” in Settings >> Siri & Search.
- Navigate down to WhatsApp, and then enable it.
- To activate Siri integration, make use of Ask Siri.
- You say “Hey Siri” first and then say send a WhatsApp message to…”, now enter the name of the contact you want to send the message to.
- Siri will ask you for the message to communicate. After that, you can tell the assistant the message you wish to send to the particular contact.
- A preview of your message will be displayed on the screen of your iPhone. Siri will read it to you as well.
- You will be asked if you are ready to send the message by Siri.
- Once you are fine with the text, then you can decide to send your message to your contact via WhatsApp by selecting “Yes”.
In case you are using your voice commands to access WhatsApp for the very first time on an iOS device, then you will need to grant Siri access to your WhatsApp data.
How to Change Language in WhatsApp Voice Typing
Follow the instructions below to change your language in WhatsApp voice typing on your Android phone:
- Set up WhatsApp on your mobile device.
- Open WhatsApp on your mobile.
- Tap on the three vertical dots that appear at the top right corner.
- Go to Settings >> Chats >> App Language now.
- Finally, choose the language of your choice and start voice typing!
- That’s it!
The keyboard shortcut for voice typing on Ms. Word doc is “Ctrl + Shift + S” in Windows or “Command + Shift + S” in macOS. However, you can click on the Tools tab and then click on Voice Typing. A microphone icon will be displayed, click on the same to dictate the content. That’s all, this feature is common to save precious time for its users.
With the excellent voice typing features on WhatsApp, you can easily type in on your WhatsApp to send lengthy messages without having to manually type. We hope that you found this article useful and informative. Let’s know your view in the comment section below. Thank you for reading!