Streaming services have emerged as a realistic alternative for those who no longer wish to watch television on a traditional screen. Hulu, Amazon Prime Video, YouTube TV, and Sling TV all offer live TV subscription packages, giving you even more reasons to ditch cable.
If you’re thinking about switching to the Hulu+ Live TV streaming device, this article will walk you through the basics of how to watch live TV on Hulu.
What is Hulu Live TV?
Hulu + Live TV is Hulu’s live TV streaming option. The service includes over 75 channels and the opportunity to watch TV live and on demand, as well as a variety of live sports, news, and events. It also combines Disney+ and ESPN+ into a single subscription.
Hulu’s live TV experience includes the ability to watch on two screens at once and the capacity to record live TV (with 50 hours of Cloud DVR storage).
System Requirement to watch Live TV on Hulu?
Hulu Live is compatible with several Android and iOS devices and Android TV and Apple TV. Most streaming devices, such as Fire TV, Chromecast, and Roku, are also compatible. Hulu Live will also work with smart TVs from Vizio, Samsung, LG, and other manufacturers.
Hulu Live TV is also available on Mac and PC computers and contemporary Xbox, PlayStation, and Nintendo gaming consoles. Visit Hulu’s support site for a complete list of compatible devices.
For the best streaming experience, Hulu advises that you have at least a 3Mbps internet connection for streaming most of their content. For live streaming, you’ll need 8Mbps, and for 4K content, you’ll need 16Mbps.
What Does Hulu Live Cost?
Live TV is $53.99 per month, Hulu Live + TV is $54.99 per month, and the ad-free version is $60.99 per month. Unlike a Hulu + Live TV plan, a Live-TV-only plan does not provide access to the Hulu streaming library.
You can enjoy ad-free streaming with Hulu (No Commercials) + Live TV, but you will still see ads for extra live or on-demand content. You can also download up to 25 titles on five supported devices for offline viewing within 30 days with an ad-free membership.
The type of channel you add determines whether you have access to premium channels. STARZ will set you back an extra $8.99 per month, while Cinemax will set you back $9.99, Showtime will set you back $10.99, and HBO will set you back $14.99.
For $7.99 a month, the Entertainment Add-on gets you access to additional news, entertainment, and lifestyle channels. For $4.99 a month, you can watch Spanish-language programming with the Espaol Add-on. On the other hand, Premium Networks, the Entertainment add-on, and the Espaol add-on are not accessible on Live-TV-only plans.
The Enhanced Cloud DVR add-on from Hulu gives you 200 hours of DVR cloud storage instead of the standard 50. You may also skip commercial breaks, record as many times as you want, and listen to your recordings on supported devices at any time.
With the Unlimited Screens add-on, you may watch on as many screens as you like from the comfort of your own Home. Only three screens are available for mobile viewing.
How to Watch Live TV on Hulu
Watching live TV on Hulu on compatible devices requires a few basic steps. The instructions given below will guide you on how to watch Live TV on Hulu.
However, there are a few methods available to watch live TV on Hulu. So, we will consider all these methods in this article.
How to watch Live TV on Hulu using the Hulu App
You can watch live TV on Hulu using the official Hulu app following the steps below.
- Open the Hulu app on your device.
- Click Live TV from the Home screen. This will be on the screen’s upper left side. It will display the most recent live stream of the station you watched.
- Touch the exit full-screen icon during playback or flip your device vertically if you’re using the mobile app.
- Choose the channel you’d like to view. When watching via Hulu.com, click the three-line icon in the lower-left corner of the player bar.
- Hulu will then load the Live TV station you chose.
If you have successfully followed these steps, you can now watch Live TV on Hulu
How to watch Live TV on Hulu via a Smart TV
Follow the steps below if you want to watch Live TV on Hulu using your Samsung smart TV, Apple TV, or Roku device.
- On your smart TV, open the Hulu app.
- Go to the top of the screen and select the Live TV icon.
- Click the Up button on your Roku remote, then the Right arrow button. After that, press the Down key. Slide up during playback to access the Live TV Guide on Apple TV.
- Hulu will load the Live TV guide. A menu for All, Recent, My Channels, Sports, News, Movies, and Kids may be found on the left-hand side of the screen.
- Select the channel you wish to view, then press the OK button on your remote.
- Hulu will start playing the Live TV station you chose.
If you have followed these steps, you can now use your smart TV to watch Live TV on Hulu
How to Sign up for a Hulu account
If you want to watch Live TV on Hulu, it is required that you have an account. If you are yet to get a Hulu account, follow the steps below to get one.
- In your browser, go to hulu.com/live-tv and go to signup.hulu.com/go/live-only to get a Live-TV-only plan.
- To begin your free trial, click the Start Your Free Trial button. Click the Select button for the Live TV only plan if you are utilizing the Live TV only sign-up link. Hulu + Live TV offers a 30-day free trial.
- On the Create Your Account page, fill in the required information.
- Continue by pressing the Enter key.
- Fill up the blanks with your payment information.
- Finally, press the Submit button.
However, if you already have a Hulu subscription, take these steps to acquire Hulu + Live TV or Hulu (No Ads) + Live TV:
- Go to hulu.com/welcome to get started.
- After that, click Log In. This can be found in the window’s top-right corner.
- Fill in your login information. You can use your Facebook credentials or your Hulu login and password to log in.
- Hover your mouse over Settings. This is the circular button in the window’s top-right corner with your initials.
- To get started, go to Account.
- Scroll down to the Manage Plan section of the Your Subscription screen. It will show you your current plan as well as additional options.
- Toggle on the Hulu + Live TV plan you want to switch to.
- To confirm, click Review Changes.
Since you now have a Hulu accounts, you can now follow the steps highlighted above to watch Live TV on Hulu.
How to set up your Home Network to watch Live TV on Hulu
If you have Hulu Live TV, you must first set up your home network, as this will define which local and regional channels you may view. A domestic, non-mobile internet connection is required to set up a home network.
Follow these simple steps to set up your home network:
- Visit your Hulu online account or log in from your supported device.
- Go to Set or Change Home, which is in the Privacy and Settings section.
This article has guided you through everything you need to set up and watch Live TV on Hulu. Check out this article if you want to How to Activate Hulu on Samsung Smart TV.