Do you even use Internet Explorer at all? Well, if you are not using Internet Explorer, there is something you are missing and that is the internet Explorer password manager. So, here we will take you through what you need to know about the Internet explorer password manager and how to view saved passwords on your internet explorer.
Earlier before I checked out the usefulness of Internet Explorer browser password settings and how to explore the browser’s password manager without a password manager software for Windows or Mac OS and I discussed how to see the passwords you saved in Chrome and you may want to check it out if you don’t know how to.
Also, I have also detailed how to manage the mobile Chrome browser on other browsers and have access to your saved browser on mobile.
However, if you also don’t know how to check that, check out the post that I published on how to view Google Chrome Android saved password on a computer.
Internet Explorer browser is a pre-installed software for all Windows users. While some prefer Chrome over Explorer, both browsers work perfectly for surfing the internet and have almost the same password manager function. To save password, view password and manage saved password.
If however there is no reason why you should start using Internet Explorer you should consider using Internet Explorer because of the browser password manager.
Meanwhile, in this article, I will share with you step by step procedure to access saved password on Internet Explorer password manager.
Internet Explorer Password Manager: How to View Saved Passwords
If you are using Windows 7 you may have little difficulties accessing where the Internet Explorer saved passwords are located.
Windows 8 offers a quick and easy access to view saved password in Internet Explorer.
However, ensure to have the latest Internet Explorer iteration so not to have difficulties following my lead.
- Open your Internet Explorer
- Choose Internet Option
- Select “Content.”
- Click on “Manage Password” Under the AutoComplete Settings.
- The Internet Explorer browser will pop up your computer Control Panel option where passwords and usernames are kept.
- Click on Web Credentials where all you Explorer login usernames and passwords are kept for you.
- Enter your PC Login Password with an Administrative role to reveal your Internet Explorer saved passwords. Once the usernames and passwords are revealed you can choose to remove passwords, edit both password and username and even delete a set of selected passwords.
With Internet Explorer password manager you can store unlimited passwords and username without using addition password manager software for a computer.
You can also follow back up and restore passwords on your Internet Explorer browser.
How to see Saved Passwords in Internet Explorer
You can follow the steps below to know how to see saved passwords in internet explorer if you are using Windows 8.1 and Windows RT 8.1
- Open your Windows 8.1/RT 8.1 control panel.
- Choose or Click on “Credential Manager >> Web Credentials.”
- Click to expand the list of websites on the web credentials. E.g (Gadgetswright.com) under the Web Passwords you want to see.
- Click on the “Show” link for the selected website.
- Verify your admin right and click on “OK.”
- The website’s password will appear on the screen.
To view or see all other saved passwords on Internet Explorer repeat the process above for all websites.
How to View Saved Passwords Internet Explorer
You can follow the steps below to view saved password Internet explorer on Windows 7.
- Go to your Windows 7 control panel.
- Select “User Account.”
- Tap on “Credential Manager.”
- You will see the two options:
- Web Credentials
- Windows Credentials.
- To view all saved passwords that are used to log into various websites on your Windows 7; just choose Web Credentials.
- Locate the website whose password you want to see and click on the arrow to the right of it.
- Locate the saved password and click on the “Show” button.
- Enter your “Administrative” password when you are prompted to do so.
You will be able to view saved password on your Windows 7 via the control panel if you follow the steps above.