What are the possible ways to fix the LG TV won’t connect TV to WiFi when you are trying to connect your LG smart TV to your wireless network and what could be the reason why the LG smart won’t connect to the WiFi?
These are what we will discuss in this article. I want to believe that you have not started for who to help you fix your LG smart TV when it fails or have difficulties in connecting to your phone WiFi (Hotspot) or your router at home. Because this article will find the lasting solution to the LG smart and WiFi connection problem in no time.
LG smart won’t connect to your TV implies that you won’t be able to connect your LG smart TV to either your WiFi or modem when you want to connect your LG TV to the internet.
Now, we will discuss how to connect your LG smart TV to your WiFi and provide a possible solution on how to possibly fix the bugs causing the inability to connect both your LG TV and your internet access device to the internet.
There are various approaches to fix your LG internet problem provided it has nothing to do with the LG smart TV hardware. Aside from that, we will provide all possible ways you should consider the solution to fixing this LG smart unable to connect the TV to the WiFi network.
Note that you can still use LAN for this purpose. With your LAN in place, it can still replace your WiFi pending when you will find a lasting solution to the WiFi network error on your LG smart TV.
How to Connect LG Smart TV to the WiFi
We first need to confirm that you know how to connect your LG Smart TV to WiFi. So, we will first walk you through how to connect an LG smart TV that is WiFi-enabled to connect to your WiFi or Hotspot.
- Turn on your WiFi or Hotspot depending on the internet device you are using. This isn’t for LAN users.
- Turn on your LG smart TV and navigate to the LG internet connection.
- Navigate to your LG TV “All Settings” and press the “Enter” button to access your LG TV settings.
- Click on “Connection” to the left pane to search and display the list of available WiFi networks.
- Select the name of “WiFi” you want to connect your LG Smart TV to and enter the corresponding password.
- After that, tap on the “Connect” button to connect your LG TV to the selected WiFi network.
Your smart TV will confirm the WiFi network. Once the password is correct your LG smart TV will be connected to the WiFi.
In case you are using ethernet, all you need to do is to insert the ethernet wire or cable to the network port at the back or side of your LG smart TV.
If after you enabled your LG smart TV network feature and the TV’s unable to connect to the WiFi, then, it means that your LG smart TV is unable to connect to the TV. Then, we proceed to how to fix LG TV won’t connect TV to WiFi.
LG Smart TV unable to Detect WiFi Network
If your LG smart TV is unable to detect your WiFi password is another glitch. However, we will quickly address how to fix your LG smart TV inability to detect your WiFi network or hotspot.
- Navigate to your LG smart TV settings.
- Tap on “General >> Additional Settings.
- Hover to “Quick Start” and toggle off the feature.
- Now, unplug your TV power cord and wait for some minutes after which you need to connect it back.
This should help you fix your LG smart TV unable to identify and connect to your choice of a WiFi network.
LG TV Won’t Connect TV to WiFi
The following solutions are the possible ways to fix your LG Smart TV that won’t connect your TV to the WiFi network.
- Change your LG TV time and date to manual settings.
- Edit and change the TV DNS settings.
- Update to the latest LG firmware.
- Check your WiFi or Hotspot connection.
- Unplug your LG TV
- Reboot your LG smart TV
- Unlock your LG TV Mac Address
- Change WLAN Network band
How to Change WLAN Network Band
If your LG smart TV is released before 2009 and your network providers offer a 5GHz network you may have a problem relating to your LG smart TV WiFi issue. This is simply because your LG TV will not be able to find and detect the WiFi and establish the connection between the two devices.
So, to fix the LG TV won’t connect the TV to the WiFi you need to switch from 5GHz to 2.4GHz on your router. Just follow the steps below to fix this.
- Sign in to your router’s network account with your username and settings.
- Navigate to “Network” and select it.
- In the “WLAN Disable Interface” click on the band drop-menu and select 2.4GHz (B+G+N)
Now, restart your router to effect the band setting you made. This should fix your LG TV not able to connect your TV to your WiFi. But if this didn’t work, you may need to contact your ISP to help make the changes.
Unlock your LG TV Mac Address
Your LG TV will not be able to connect to your WiFi in case your MAC address has been blacklisted by your internet network provider. To fix this, you need to unblock your TV mac address to be able to finally establish the connection between your LG TV and WiFi network.
- Navigate to “All Settings.”
- General >> About this TV
- Find the TV MAC Address (Wireless).
- Write down the Mac address and contact your internet service provider to whitelist your TV Mac address.
If you are unable to reach out to your ISP, sign in to your router webpage, go to Firewall and unlock yourself from the blocklist.
Change your LG Smart TV Time and Date to Manual Settings.
If your LG Smart TV date and time is set to automatic update you need to switch to the manual settings and set your region time.
- Go to your LG Smart TV settings
- Navigate to “General.”
- Hover and select “Date and time.”
- Uncheck the feature to set the TV time automatically.
- Set the new time to your local time and save changes.
Now, connect your LG TV to your WiFi again whether the LG TV won’t connect TV to WiFi will be fixed.
Edit and change the TV DNS settings
Here is another option to consider. We are going to change the TV DNS settings to a manual setup.
- Go to your LG smart TV “All” settings.
- Tap on “Network >> Wired Connection.
- Select “Connected to the internet.”
- Edit the existing DNS server settings and uncheck the feature to set your TV DNS to automatic setup.
- Select the “DNS server option.”
- Enter “8.8.8” in the address column.
- Hit the “Save” button.
Now, attempt to connect your LG smart TV to your WiFi connection it should be connected by now.
Update to the latest LG Firmware
If you are running an outdated LG smart TV firmware uou would likely experience the LG TV won’t connect TV to WiFi. So, we would bank on the fact that updating the firmware will fix the LG smart TV connect to TV issue.
- Press the home button.
- Select Settings on the left pane.
- Click on the other tab to the bottom-left.
- Select “Software update.”
- Turn on the feature to update the smart TV firmware.
- Select the update version button.
Now, if a new update is available you will be prompted to download and install the new update. If the LG TV won’t connect TV to WiFi is caused bu outdated firmware, updating it to the latest version will fix it and you should be able to find and connect uour LG TV to the WiFi.