Why is my Haier TV won’t turn on but the red light is on and how do I fix this to make my Haier TV turn on normally. The Haier TV red light is an indicator to tell you that your Haier TV is ready to turn on.
But if you press the TV power button to turn on your Haier TV and the TV won’t turn on but the red light is on then this guide will help you out.
When the red light is one, on your Haier TV and the remote failed to control the light blinking we would bring to your notice that this is a simple problem and it works based on models.
Note, if the red light is on after the approaches in this article it may imply that the Havier TV has a power board problem. But if the issue has nothing to do with the TV power board, then, the right way to fix it will be discussed here.
This means that the approaches to fix my Haier TV won’t turn on but the red light is on in this guide might not work for all Haier TV but works on some of the TV models.
How to Fix My Haier TV Won’t Turn on But the Red Light is On
We have tested various methods to fix the Hair TV won’t turn on but keep the red light on when pressing the remote control. After a series of research, we found the following methods explorable and means to fix my Haier TV won’t turn on but the red light is on.
Don’t Miss “How to Factory Reset Haier TV.
Cold Boot your Haier TV
First, we will advise you to cold boot your Haier TV if the TV won’t turn on but shows a red light indicating that the TV is connected to your power source.
- Unplug the Haier TV cable [after turning off the TV].
- Wait for about 60 minutes with the TV cable removed from the socket.
- Plug the TV cable and switch on your TV.
Press the power button on the remote whether the Haier TV won’t turn on problem will be solved. This can easily be detected once the red light that is on disappears.
Reset your Haier TV
Another tactical approach to follow to fix my Haier TV won’t turn on but the red light is on is to do a factory reset. This procedure will remove all personal settings on the device but will possibly provide a solution for even unknown problems.
However, to do this, you must be able to locate your Haier TV side panel.
- Find the Haier TV panel to the side of the TV or at the back depending on where the panel is situated.
- Press and hold the Haier TV Vol (+) and “Menu” buttons.
- Hold the buttons simultaneously and keep pressing and release the Haier TV power button on the panel.
- Release the button you are holding after the count of 5 or thereabout.
This should pave way for your TV to come up and the red light went off. However, if your TV does not have the menu button use the Input or Source key instead.
Fix Haier TV Won’t Turn on with AVR with 110 Volts and 220 Volts
Another valid method that people are avoiding when it comes to my Haier TV won’t turn on but the red light is on is to divulge their mind and switch to a new AVR. However, if the TV is built for the United State with 110 Volts output it might not work in a location where you need 220 volts to power a device like the Haier TV.
Therefore, the use of an AVR with two power output sets in here. With this, we will be able to switch to the AVR option that will power the TV.
- Get a new AVR with 110 volts and 220 volts respectively.
- Unplug and remove the TV cord extension completely from the back or side of the TV.
- Plug the extension into your AVR and connect it to the 110 volts slot.
- Plug the other end of the plug to the war where 220 volts is expected.
Now, the normal voltage output will be supplied to your TV and the Haier TV won’t turn but the red light is on will be fixed while the red light will instantly disappear.
Bypass Haier TV Won’t Turn but Red the Light is On
And now you may want to try this. This works for some people. Let’s see whether it will work for you.
- Hold both the Menu and Vol (-) simultaneously.
- Press the Power button on the TV panel (not on the remote please otherwise it won’t work).
- After pressing the power button there should be a Blue Light that appears and Stays.”
- Release both keys that you are holding after 15 seconds.
- Leave the TV untouched for about 1 minute or so and some pictures should appear on the TV screen.
- Unplug the TV to cold boot it from the wall socket.
- Press and hold the power button on the TV for another 10 – 15 seconds.
- Wait for another 10 seconds before you plug the TV into the socket again.
- Press the TV Power button on the Remote.
This is a bit technical but it works. We believe that if you follow the steps in this article how why Haier TV won’t turn on but the red light is on and follow the suggested solution you should be able to fix the problem.