Netflix releases a new app called “Watch with friends”, an app that allows you to watch the same Netflix movies with your friends that are far from your location. Don’t worry; it’s free to use the watch with friends Netflix app. You only need to subscribe to Netflix’s plan to get started. And since you can share your Netflix login with 5 other friends to make it 6, it means that with a single Netflix account, you can use watch with friends app.
Therefore, here in this article, I will take you by hand to describe how to watch Netflix movies on watch with friends, how to create a party, and invite your friends to join.
Table of Contents
How to Download Watch With Friends Netflix App for Android
Here is how to download the new Netflix app to watch movies with your friends from a distant location on Android.
- Launch the “Google Play Store” app on your Android phone.
- Type “Watch with Friend Netflix App.”
- Click on the “Install” button to download and install.
Once the app is downloaded, it will be added to your list of apps. Hence, you can “Find a Party” with the “Party name” or “Create a new Party” for others to join.
How to Download “Watch with Friends Netflix App” on iPhone
If you know your way around the “Apple Store,” then go-ahead to search for “Netflix Watch with friends iOS app” or follow the lead below.
- Go to the “App Store” on your iPhone or iPad.
- Search for “Watch With Friends.”
- Click on the “Get” button to download.
Now, you can start to part with your friends or join the party that is already created by your friends.
How to Install the “Netflix New App” on the Chrome Browser
Netflix makes it easier to party with your friends and family using what is called “Watch with Friends Chrome extension.”
- Launch the Chrome browser.
- Go to the “Chrome Web Store.”
- Search for “Watch with Friends.”
- Click on “Add to Chrome.”
- Click on “Add Extension” from the pop-up.
- Wait for the extension to download and be added to your Chrome browser.
- You are good to join or create a new party for your friends to join.
Now, we will consider how to create and join a party on the Netflix app to watch movies with friends on your Android, iOS (iPhone), and Chrome browser using the Chrome extension.
How to Create a New Party
Having installed the new Netflix app to watch the same movies as your friends across the globe, here is a step-by-step approach to create a new party link and invite your friends to join your party.
- Go to Netflix.com and sign in to your account.
- Find and play the movie you want to party with your friends.
- Click on the “Share” button to copy the movie URL.
- Open “Watch with friends Netflix app” on your phone.
- Click on “create a new party.”
- Paste the movie link you copied from Netflix.
- Click on the “Next” button.
- Give your party a “Name” and choose your “Host PIN.”
- Click on “Create Party.”
- Click on “Invite Friends” via email, Facebook, WhatsApp, Instagram, or copy the party link, and send the link to your friends.
- Select “Where to watch” Apple TV, Roku
- Select friends and chat
The selected friends will be invited to join you in watching the movie with you
What if you do not want to create a new party rather you want to join a movie invite from your friend?
How to Join a Party
Here is a step by step procedure to join a Netflix party and chat with friends.
- Launch the “Netflix Watch a movie with friends app.”
- Type the name of the party you want to join.
- Click on “Find Party.”
- Click on “Join party.”
- Choose where to watch the movie. You can choose from Apple TV or Roku TV for now.
Note that you can not watch until your party guest started to join. Just below the streaming, you will see that you are the host, while others are mere guests. Friends who are not interested can leave the party by clicking on the “Leave party.”