I took a huge risk today to update my Samsung TV Firmware to the latest firmware. It was a huge risk because the Samsung company take no responsibility for the damage even when they provide the TV firmware download link. The update firmware only took a minute to download, but, took a great decision to run the firmware update to stay updated.
Here in this article, you’d probably learn everything and the entire process I followed to download Samsung TV firmware and run the update on my Samsung TV without an internet connection.
If you choose to follow this instruction, you take responsibility for every damage this may cause your TV. As Samsung choose not to take responsibility for users who choose to upgrade their firmware so also, I and my team take no responsibility for any damage this may cause your TV due to wrong firmware and product selection.
Table of Contents
LCD Vs LED
You must have run into this argument once or twice before that LCD is better than LED. However, the Samsung TV firmware update for LCD and LED are not the same. In fact, before you think of whether to update your old Samsung TV firmware, 2009 version to 2010 version you must first know the model number of your TV.
This is very important otherwise you will not be able to download your TV firmware and you will not be able to update your TV firmware. Therefore, before we talk about how to update Samsung TV firmware or upgrade from a USB flash drive, first, follow the procedure below to find your Samsung TV model number.
How to Find Samsung TV Model Number
This procedure is the same for all Samsung. Whether your own Samsung is 24 inches or 32 inches or 55 o4 40 inches. It all follows the same procedure. You need a working Samsung TV remote control to perform this task if your TV is mounted to a wall and you don’t want to unmount it.
- Grab your Samsung TV remote control and press the menu button
- Scroll down to support and click on it
- Scroll down to contact
- Two pages of information will display
- On the next page, you will see your TV model number and current software firmware version
- Get a pen and write it down because you will need it when you want to download its firmware update version
If you don’t have a working remote control or your TV is on a TV stand, then you can just go to the back of the TV besides the USB and cable ports. Find a white paper sticker on the back of the TV and you will find your TV serial number and model number there.
How to Download Samsung TV Firmware
After you have written down your TV model number or series number it’s time to download the firmware that will work with the model. Before you can proceed to the download page you must select the correct TV series and or type the model number otherwise your TV will not detect the firmware when you connect your USB flash drive to your TV USB port.
- Open your computer browser and visit Samsung TV software download center
- Type your TV model number or select “TVs and Home Theatre” under select your products option
- Now, you will be left with 3 options which are TVs, Home Theater, and TV & Home Theaters accessories. You will have to select TVs
- Under TVs select your TV from the options. You have QLED TVs, The Frame, 4k SUHD TVs, 4k UHD TVs, Full HD TVs, and HD TVs. In my case, I selected HD TVs.
- Under HD TVs select your model type of type your TV model number, select TV series, and click confirm
- You can also download the user manual if you need one for a guide on how to use your Samsung TV.
The firmware update is in a zip format. So, you’ll have to unzip it first before you can use it to upgrade your older Samsung firmware 2009 to the latest 2010.
Unzip the Samsung TV Firmware
You need a WinRar or alternative PC software to unzip the software into a new folder. If you don’t have a WinRar or any software for unzipping files on your computer kindly download WinRar from here.
- Install the WinRar software on your computer
- Go to your download folder
- Right click on the Samsung TV firmware you downloaded from above and select extract to a folder
- Create a folder on your desktop and name it “Samsung Firmware” and extract the file into it.
- Plug your USB cable into your computer and copy the extracted firmware to it
- Right click on the USB drive and select eject to safely remove the drive from your computer.
Upgrade Samsung TV Firmware from a USB Drive
Here is a step by step procedure to upgrade your Samsung TVs firmware from a USB flash drive without an internet connection.
- Plug the USB you copied the latest firmware version to your Samsung TV
- Press menu on your TV remote control
- Scroll down to support
- Select software update and select from USB from the popup
- Your TV will search for the latest firmware different from the one installed on your TV
- If a new firmware is found you will be asked whether to replace the older firmware (firmware version) with the new firmware (firmware version)
- Select OK
Now, wait for some couple of minutes for your TV to start installing the new firmware. It may take some time. And during this process, your TV will shut down automatically and restart itself. Once the installation is completed the TV will come up again and that is all.
Finally, during the upgrading process do not disconnect your TV from the power source and do not touch the USB cable. This may brick your TV and downgrading may not be achievable.