iPhone data recovery can help you recover deleted WhatsApp messages on iPhone or even any lost information and data.
It is extremely important to create regular backups of your iPhone using iCloud or iTunes. Backups can be made via these Apple services and then restored to your phone. In the event of data loss, iPhone theft or any other unintended deletion, deleted data can be recovered to your phone through recovery. Another option is to use a third-party tool.
Restore Deleted WhatsApp Messages from WhatsApp iCloud Backup
WhatsApp does not provide a daily automatic backup for iPhone users; however, you can choose to backup WhatsApp messages and attachments to iCloud. This means that your WhatsApp data will be backed up automatically and it is a useful option to reduce the risk of data loss. To verify that this option is enabled, you will need to sign in with the Apple ID that you use to access iCloud.
- Go to WhatsApp -> Settings -> Chats -> Chat Backup. Verify that Auto Backup is on. Alternatively, you can check the last backup date, to ensure that the backup date will include the lost or deleted messages you are trying to recover.
- Once you have confirmed that a backup is available, delete and reinstall WhatsApp from the App Store. You will need to verify your phone number and then follow the onscreen instructions to recover your WhatsApp chat history.
- If you cannot see an available backup to restore your messages, or the last backup date means that you can still lose some of the newer messages.
Recover Deleted WhatsApp Messages from an iCloud Backup File
If you are not able to recover your deleted messages directly from WhatsApp, you can still use a third-party program, such as Enigma Recovery, to recover from iCloud backup instead. This recovery method is also useful if you don’t want to reinstall WhatsApp or lose newer messages that have been sent since the last backup. If you created a backup of your phone to iCloud and saved your WhatsApp messages before deleting them, you can recover and extract these messages here.
Download Enigma Recovery
Using your laptop or computer, download the Enigma Recovery data program from this site. The free trial version will allow you to view the number of messages that can be recovered.
Recover from iCloud
Once installed, open Enigma Recovery to the start page. Then select “iCloud Recovery”
- Sign in with two-factor authentication
- Log in to iCloud so the program can start searching your backups for important information. Your login details will remain safe as the program will not store your login details and the program uses an advanced two-factor authentication method.
- Choose iPhone backup
- Select the backup you want to recover WhatsApp messages that you have deleted since then. Use the date column to help you.
- Scanning for WhatsApp Messages
- From the data type item list, choose Scan for WhatsApp and the program will scan the backup file and recover WhatsApp message threads.
- Display WhatsApp messages
- To view recovered WhatsApp messages after scanning, click the WhatsApp tab.
- Save WhatsApp messages
- To save the extracted WhatsApp messages, go to “Export and restore”> “Export to desktop”> Locate in “Browse”> “Export”.
- Restore WhatsApp messages
To restore recovered WhatsApp messages to your phone, download the free Restore iOS app. Within the program, click “Export and Restore”> “Restore” and select the data you need to transfer. Wait while the program transfers your WhatsApp messages to the Restore app on your device.
Recover Deleted WhatsApp Messages from iTunes Backup file
An alternative option to recover directly from WhatsApp or iCloud backup is to scan the iTunes backup instead. iTunes is Apple’s alternative way to backup your iPhone, and it will automatically include WhatsApp messages and attachments when doing a manual backup. To recover from iTunes.
Download Enigma Recovery
Download the free trial version of Enigma Recovery. You can access it from any download button on this site. The app is compatible with both Windows and Mac OS.
- Recover from my iTunes
- Once the app is installed and opened on the start screen, select “Recover from iTunes” from the side panel menu
- Choose iPhone backup file
- The program will display all the iTunes backup files on your computer. Select the option from which to retrieve messages and “Continue”.
- Scan for WhatsApp Messages
- Now select the type (s) of data you wish to extract from the iTunes backup file. After doing this, start the scan.
- Display WhatsApp messages
- The wipe time will depend on the number of data types you have selected for the wipe and the amount of data saved in the iTunes backup file. After the scan, you can view your WhatsApp messages on the WhatsApp tab.
- Save WhatsApp messages
- Open the full version of Enigma Recovery to view all your data and save it to your computer. Save your messages through the “Export and Restore” function> “Export to the Desktop”> Select the site through “Browse”> “Export”.
You can Recover Deleted Messages on WhatsApp iPhone!
WhatsApp Messenger, also known as WhatsApp, is a type of cross-platform instant messaging app used on smartphones.
Take the iPhone as an example. With WhatsApp, you can make voice and video calls; send text messages, documents, PDFs, photos, videos, user location, audio files, phone contacts, voice notes and more to other users who also use standard cell phone numbers.
Of course, there should be some important files on WhatsApp Messenger. Do you know how to recover deleted WhatsApp messages on iPhone if you delete them by mistake?
If you do not know how to do this task, then you are in the right place. In this post, we gather some possible ways to help you restore WhatsApp chat history on iPhone.
Restore WhatsApp messages using iCloud
If you don’t know how to recover deleted WhatsApp messages on iPhone, you can search for this issue online for help. You may notice the official WhatsApp solution to solve this problem: Restoring your chat history
According to this post, you can use iCloud Backup to back up and restore your chat log. This means that you are only allowed to use this method to recover deleted WhatsApp messages on iPhone when there is a backup file available on iCloud.
However, this method will replace all existing WhatsApp messages with previous backup data, without giving you the opportunity to select which WhatsApp messages for iPhone you want to recover.
This solution seems not the best way to recover WhatsApp messages on iPhone. In that case, you might ask if there is any other way to do WhatsApp message recovery on iPhone?
If you just want to restore the required WhatsApp message on your iPhone and keep the current messages on the device, you can use the free third-party iPhone data recovery program: MiniTool Mobile Recovery for iOS.
Since you are not sure if this program can check the iPhone WhatsApp messages you want to recover, you can first download the free version of this program and install it on your computer to try it. Click the next button to get these free programs.
Transfer WhatsApp Files from iPhone to another using ChatStorage.sqlite
You can use the final method to transfer WhatsApp message data between phones, as described in the instructions below, or in other ways, as long as you have a copy of these backups stored in a safe place. For example, you can use these instructions to restore your old WhatsApp message database on the same iPhone, or you can simply transfer your WhatsApp history to another device. You can even convert your WhatsApp database to your iPhone and import it to an Android device.