If you have an Apple Watch Series 3 that has been useless long ago because you have upgraded to the latest Apple Watch Series 9 or even 5 but you couldn’t remember the Series 3 passcode here is a guide for you. In this article, we will consider how to reset Apple Watch Series 3 without passcode.
The worst case scenario is if you didn’t set up the wrist recognition you will not be able to unlock the Apple Watch and you will not be able to pass the Apple Watch to anyone of your choice because of the “Activation Lock.” However, the best thing you can do is to do a factory reset without the Apple Watch Series 3 passcode.
And to be able to set a new password on the Watch you’d need to delete or erase or change the formal passcode. That is why it’s important to regain access to the Apple Watch via viable methods.
The downside is when you choose to reset your Apple Watch Series 3 because you are unable to sign into your account you will not be able to restore the device backup. In most cases, when you do a factory reset on your Apple Watch you will not be able to restore the backup except if it’s backup on an external storage device.
Therefore, we will consider how to reset apple watch series 3 after too many passcode attempts or even without the paired phone.
How to Reset Apple Watch Series 3 without Passcode
If you have forgotten your Apple Watch Series 3 passcode, the only option is to reset it to regain your access to it. If you keep repeating the wrong passcode it will long the time it’d take you to reset the passcode.
Let’s take a look at how to reset an Apple Watch Series 3 with or without an attached iPhone:
- To begin, ensure your watch is completely charged. If not, charge it and leave it there for a while.
- Press and hold the “Watch” side button until you see the “Power Off” menu.
- Press and hold the digital crown symbol in this menu until you see the option to wipe all content and settings.
- Select the Reset option, to confirm, tap it a second time.
- The reset procedure will begin.
Wait for the Apple Watch Series 3 reset to be completed and your watch will be without a passcode and you can use it like that or create a new passcode or even give it out if that’s your motive.
How to Factory Reset Apple Watch 3 with Phone
You can reset your Apple Watch Series 3 without losing your data if you are resetting with the paired phone. Once the paired phone and the Apple Watch are closely placed together the paired phone will automatically backup your Apple Watch before factory resetting the device.
This is done automatically once they are paired together.
- Make sure your Apple Watch and iPhone are close to each other before you begin.
- Open the Apple Watch app on your paired iPhone and select the “My Watch” option.
- Navigate to “General” Settings.
- Press the “Reset” button.
- Now, “Erase Apple Watch Content & Settings” will appear.
- To confirm, tap the bottom of the screen.
- Your Apple ID password will be required here. Then type your Apple ID to confirm your request
- In the case of models with GPS+Cellular plans, you can choose whether to cancel or keep your plan.
- Keep your plan if you want to keep your iPhone paired.
- Remove the plan to unpair your iPhone.
- After the process is completed, restart your Apple Watch and restore data from the backup.
If you lose an Apple Watch Series 3 that is not paired with an iPhone, you must do a Hard Reset. All erased data can be restored from the backup. This is what you should do if you can’t remember the Apple Watch passcode on an unpaired iPhone:
- Connect the charger to your Apple Watch.
- Press down the side button to access the Power Off Screen.
- Slide the Power Off slider but do not press it.
- The “Erase all Content and Settings” option should be selected.
- Your Apple Watch will be reset to its factory settings. You can now create a new passcode.
How to Reset Apple Watch Series 3 after Too Many Passcode Attempts
If you use the incorrect password too many times, the Apple Watch will be disabled automatically and you will be logged out. The more you make attempts with the wrong passcode the worst it becomes. If you don’t perform a factory reset after that, you won’t be able to get in. Fortunately, you can do this whether or not your iPhone is paired.
Before you begin, keep in mind that this process cannot be reversed. This action will delete all of your Apple Watch Series 3 files and passcodes.
Therefore, by following the steps below you will learn how to reset Apple Watch Series 3 after too many passcode attempts.
Without the iPhone:
If you have your iPhone available and still readily paired with your Apple Watch Series 3 you can take advantage by following the steps below to learn how to reset apple watch series 3 after too many passcode attempts with your paired iPhone.
- Use the USB cord to connect your Apple Watch Series 3 to a charger and ensure it’s charging.
- Hold down the Side key until the Watch Options menu appears on the screen.
- Now, hold your finger down on the Power Off option.
- Press and hold the Digital Crown or the Home button.
- Once the Erase all content and settings appear, then you can remove your finger on the Digital Crown.
- Select the option to reset and repeat the process.
- Allow the factory reset process to complete.
- Reconnect the Apple Watch to your iPhone.
- Confirm the entire process once the Reset menu appears.
- When prompted, configure and restore the settings.
With the steps above your Apple Watch will be reset to the factory settings and all data erased on the Watch but backed up on the iPhone that’s paired with the Watch. However, the Apple Watch “Activation Lock” will not be wiped off. However, you can always restore your Apple Watch backup from your paired device or via your iCloud account after it’s paired with your phone.
With the iPhone:
These steps will enable those who have the linked iPhone nearby to perform a factory reset on their Apple Watch Series 3 quick and fast. The outcomes are the same, but it’s far more practical than using your Apple Watch’s buttons manually.
It would be ideal to keep your Apple Watch charged throughout the steps until the data is removed and the reset is complete.
- Place the Apple Watch and iPhone close.
- On your iPhone, launch the Watch app.
- Choose “General.”
- Select the “Reset” option.
- Then, select “Erase Apple Watch Content And Settings.”
- Tap the Reset button once more.
- If prompted, enter your Apple ID password.
- Wait for a few minutes to allow the data to get wiped.
- Restart your Apple Watch and restore it from the backup data.
Some owners of Apple Watches with GPS + Cellular must choose between keeping or cancelling their cellular plan. This extra step occurs between Steps 7 and 8. If you want to keep the Apple Watch and iPhone paired, stick with the plan. If you do not intend to pair the two devices, then you should remove them.
If you will never pair another watch or iPhone, contact your carrier and cancel your cellular plan. You will no longer be charged in this manner. If the user has already disabled the passcode, the Watch app allows them to enter it again. This, of course, is only useful if you remember it later.
With the steps above you should be able to handle how to reset apple watch series 3 after too many passcode attempts and how to reset apple watch series 3 without passcode effortlessly.