We are going to address why is my TikTok not working or why is my following page on TikTok not working in this article which I assume you want to know how to fix. It’s important for your TikTok to work at all times if you spend your leisure time on TikTok.
If you are like me that love to see how your TikTok followers are growing then you would need to pay attention to the app, especially if the app does not experience a global outage.
In my case, I thought that I was experiencing downtime when my TikTok app wasn’t responding. In the long run, it wasn’t what I think.
Therefore, in this article, I will explain what I did to fix my TikTok app and answer why is my TikTok not working.
Why is my Following Page on TikTok not Working
If your TikTok is not working it can affect how the app functions including the TikTok app not responding or the TikTok app not opening. The most reported issue when TikTok is not working is the issue of TikTok’s following page not working.
Although this is explanatory enough if your TikTok is not working or the TikTok app is not working. Therefore, as to why is my following page on TikTok not working; the following could be the main reason behind it or the causes.
- The TikTok server is down.
- Your phone is too slow so it takes time to load the page.
- You are using an outdated TikTok app.
- Your TikTok app is not responding.
- You haven’t cleared your TikTok app cache in a while.
- Your internet connection is poor. Switch from 3G to 4G/5G to see.
If you are experiencing any of the suggestions above it could be the reason why is my following page on TikTok not working.
Why is my TikTok Sound not Working
Generally, when your TikTok sound is not working it could be that your phone sound configuration is not properly configured. Or your phone volume is at its lowest. If you reduce your phone volume from 100% to less than 10% your TikTok sound will not play to the level that you can hear it without, perhaps, using an earbud or handsfree or headphones.
However, to fix and end why is my TikTok sound not working kindly take the following steps.
- Try to use another app to see whether the TikTok sound not working has nothing the TikTok app. If other apps’ sounds work perfectly then consider doing the following to fix your TikTok app sound.
- Restart the app [close the app and open it]
- Log out of your account and log in after restarting your phone.
- Update the app to the latest release.
- Clear the TikTok app cache.
You should be able to fix your TikTok sound not working with the steps above.
However, the general procedure to fix why is my TikTok not working that we will consider hereafter can also fix all the aforementioned problems with your TikTok app. So, endeavour to follow the article to the end as we unravel how to fix TikTok not working in this part of the article.
How to Fix Why is my TikTok not Working
Take the following steps to fix your TikTok app if the short video app is not working or not responding.
Check your Internet Connection
The first thing to do when your TikTok is not working is to check whether your internet connection is working fine. In the worst case scenario, if your internet connection is OFF your TikTok app following page won’t load and you won’t be able to explore the short video app.
Restart the TikTok App
Restarting your TikTok app is similar to how you restart other apps on your phone. Similarly, how to restart an app on Android is the same as to restart an app on iPhone. Therefore, we will take a look at how to restart your TikTok app following the steps below both on Android and iPhone.
- Press your phone apps switcher.
- Locate the TikTok app.
- Swipe it [up/down or right/left] to close.
Once it closes, then, locate the app in your app menu and click to open. If it’s not a glitch, the TikTok app should be working fine.
Restart your Phone
Follow the steps below to restart your Android and iPhone respectively.
Follow the steps below to restart your Android phone.
- Press down the power button for about 5 seconds.
- Click on “Restart.”
- If you are prompted to accept the command just select “OK/Yes.”
You can restart your iPhone with the steps below.
- Press and hold the iPhone either volume button until the phone slider appears.
- Drag the phone slider to the restart command.
- Wait for about 30 seconds.
- Press the power on to turn on the iPhone.
Note: If your iPhone doesn’t have a power button you can check out this article on how to turn off your iPhone without a power button.
Clear TikTok App Cache
Clearing the TikTok app cache is yet another way to fix why is my TikTok not working or why your TikTok following page is not working.
Therefore, the steps below explain how to clear the TikTok app cache.
Below are the steps to take to clear an app cache on your Android phone. In this case, we will clear the TikTok app cache. And you can repeat the same for all apps.
- Go to your Phone settings.
- Click on “Apps” or “Applications.”
- Click on “App Management” if the feature is available.
- Select “TikTok” by clicking on it.
- Tap on “Data Storage.”
- Click on “Clear Cache.”
You can also clear the app data but you will be prompted to resign into your TikTok account when you open it.
The steps to clear app data or cache on iPhone are a bit different from Android. So, with that, we will consider how to clear your TikTok cache on your iPhone instead of beckoning on the steps above.
- Go to your iPhone settings app.
- Scroll down and tap on the “TikTok” app.
- Scroll to the bottom and toggle on “Clear temp data on next start.”
- Go back to your iPhone apps menu and launch the “TikTok” app.
Once you launch the TikTok app after you have turned on Clear temp data on next start, it will clear the cache and the app should be working fine.
Update your TikTok App
I do this often. At least, I check for available updates on my once a week to keep my phone running. Although, I chose to turn off auto-update so I can select what to update. The reason why I turned off my auto-update to safe time is because of the big data apps/games I have on my phone such as PPSSPP.
Follow the steps below to update your TikTok app on your Android phone.
- Launch the “Google Playstore” on your Android.
- Click on the “Profile” icon at the top right.
- Click on “Update Available.”
- Scroll down and click on “TikTok.”
- Select “Update” to download and update the latest release.
Tap on the open button once the update is complete and your TikTok app should be working perfectly at this juncture.
I’ll walk you through how to manually update your TikTok app on your iPhone by following the steps below.
- Launch your iOS app store on your iPhone.
- Click on your iOS profile at the top.
- Scroll down to “Pending updates and releases notes.”
- Click on the “Update” tab next to the “TikTok” app.
Wait for the app to update and once that is done you can relaunch the app.
Log Out & Log In
With a simple log out and log in on your TikTok you can restore the app to its normal state and fix why is my TikTok not working or why is my TikTok following page not working.
Therefore, we will quickly consider how to log out and log in to your TikTok account below.
- Launch the “TikTok” app.
- Tap on your profile at the bottom right.
- Tap on the 3 horizontal lines at the top right.
- Choose “Settings and privacy” from the pop.
- Scroll down and click on “Log Out.”
Now, restart the app [see the steps to restart your TikTok app above] and resign in to your account with your username and password when you open the TikTok app.