Windows subsystem for Android is a platform that allows Android users to use all supported Amazon Appstore on Windows 11. With the Windows subsystem for Android, you can use your favourite Android apps on your Windows 11 without using third-party apps like Bluestacks. But, with the Windows subsystem Android connection refused, you will not be able to use the Windows subsystem to run Android apps from the Amazon Appstore on your Windows.
So, here in this article, we will walk you through the steps to fix the Windows subsystem Android connection refused for users that have started using the Windows subsystem. But if you are a new user, you will also learn how to install the Windows subsystem on your Windows 11 computer.
Windows Subsystem for Android Requirements
The Windows subsystem for Android that let users download and install Android apps on Windows is for some selected users that meet up with the minimum requirements.
So, if you encounter some unforeseen occurrences when trying to use the Windows subsystem and couldn’t connect to your internet or your connection is refused it could mean that your device doesn’t meet up the minimum requirements.
Below are the set requirement for Windows OS and computers/laptops that can use the Windows subsystem for Android.
|RAM||8 GB (minimum)|
16 GB (recommended)
|Storage type||Solid State Drive or SSD (recommended)|
|Processor||Intel Core i3 8th Gen (minimum) or above|
AMD Ryzen 3000 (minimum) or above
Qualcomm Snapdragon 8c (minimum) or above
|Processor architecture||x64 or ARM64|
|Virtual Machine Platform||This setting needs to be enabled.|
How to Install Windows Subsystem for Android
Follow the steps below to see how you can install the new Windows Subsystem for Android on your Windows 11 device.
- Open Microsoft Store on your Windows computer.
- Click on the “Search” box and search for “Amazon Appstore.”
- Install the AppStore from the Microsoft Appstore.
- Once the AppStore has been downloaded;- Windows Subsystem for Android will be added to your Windows.
- Now, click on the Windows icon >> All Apps >> Windows Subsystem for Android.
Note: If the Amazon Appstore isn’t available following the steps above you can click on this link to let Microsoft prompt the download process.
You may encounter errors like your processor isn’t supported for this product. With that, you won’t be able to download or install the Amazon Appstore to run the Windows subsystem for Android.
How to Setup Windows Subsystem for Android
You can encounter Windows subsystem Android connection refused if your setup is not correct. Therefore, before we delve into how to fix this Windows subsystem connection problem, check out the steps below to confirm that you put on the correct Windows subsystem settings.
Recommended: How to Install Android Apps on Windows 10
To access the Windows subsystem for Android follow the steps below.
- Click on your Windows Start
- Select “All Apps”
- Click on “Windows Subsystem for Android™️ Settings.”
- Scroll down and choose “As Needed” under the settings.
Note: To use the Windows subsystem on your OSS you must download and install the Amazon Appstore on your Windows.
It is worth noting that you can only use the Windows subsystem on Windows 11. And your region must be set to the United State.
Now, we can proceed to how to fix the Windows subsystem Android connection refused.
How to Fix Windows Subsystem Android Connection Refused
Following the steps below will help to fix your Windows subsystem Android connection error. However, ensure you don’t skip a step in other not to miss out on the whole process.
Enable Developer Mode:
Follow the steps below to enable developer mode on your Windows 11.
- Go to your Windows 11 settings.
- Click on “Privacy & Settings.”
- Search for “Developer Settings.”
- Toggle the “Developer Mode” button to enable your Windows 11 developers’ mode.
- Tap “Yes” from the popup to confirm to turn the developer mode.
Now, check whether the Android connection refused has been fixed on your Windows 11. If not, check out the next suggestion.
Note: Turning on developer mode will enable you to download and install apps from other sources including loose files.
Change your Region
Don’t use VPN yet just change your region to see if the Windows subsystem for Android will be able to connect to the internet. Therefore, follow the steps below to change your region on Windows if you are a novice and don’t know how to go about it.
- Click on the “Start” button.
- Choose “Settings” from the popup.
- Search for “Region Settings” and select it.
- Scroll to “Region” and click on the drop menu on country or region.
- Choose “United States” from the drop menu.
Restart your Windows computer for the changes you made to take place and see whether the Windows subsystem for Android internet connection problem is fixed.
Reset Windows 11 Network
Resetting your Windows network could go a long way to help fix the problem of Windows subsystem Android connection refused in a bid to use your favourite Android on your Windows.
- Go to your Windows settings.
- Click on “Network & Internet.”
- Choose “Advanced Network Settings.“
- Choose “Network Reset” under “More Settings.”
- Tap “Reset Now.“
Your network will be reset and restore your Windows connection to the default. This should fix the Windows Android connection refused from the subsystem’s network.
Flush Windows DNS
Consider flushing your Windows DNS as another measure to fix your Windows subsystem for Android connection refused problem.
It’s quick and easy to carry out. Following the steps below will flush your Windows DNS.
- Press the Windows logo + “R” on your keyword to open the command run dialog.
- Type ‘ipconfig /flushdns’ without the quotes on the command box and click on the “Enter” button.
You have now flushed your Windows DNS and you will receive a successful message once the process is completed.
Close the command prompt box by typing “exit” and click on the enter button or simply click on the red X icon to the top right.
Reset your Windows TCP/IP
Resetting your Windows TCP/IP via your command prompt could help you fix your Windows subsystem refused connection error.
- Press “Win + R” to open the Windows run dialog.
- Type “cmd” without quotes and click on the “Enter” button.
- Type “netsh int ip reset” without the quotes and click on the “Enter” button.
- Reset your computer once the command has been run successfully to check whether your connection to the WSA has been restored.
Repair the Windows Subsystem for Android
The Windows subsystem repair and reset feature can also be used to checkmate and see if it will fix the subsystem Android connection error.
- Go to your Windows Settings.
- Choose “All Apps.”
- Go to “Windows Subsystem for Android.”
- Click on “Advanced Options.”
- Scroll down and select “Repair (let it repair).
- After that choose “Reset.”
Meanwhile, if the option to repair the Windows subsystem for Android works perfectly, then, there is no need to reset the settings. But, if the Windows subsystem Android connection refused still pops then you might need to reset and restore to default.
Uninstall the Windows Subsystem for Android
The Windows subsystem for Android is of no use if it cannot establish a connection with the Amazon Appstore. Therefore, if the steps above failed you – you may need to uninstall the Windows subsystem and reinstall it again.
So, here we will take you through the steps to follow to uninstall the Windows subsystem for Android on your device.
- Click on the “Windows Start” icon.
- Select “Settings.”
- Choose “Apps” >> “Apps & Features.”
- Locate the “Windows Subsystem for Android.”
- Select “More.”
- Tap on “Uninstall.”
The disadvantage of this process is that it will also remove all Android apps you are using on your Windows via the Windows Subsystem for Android and also remove the Amazon Appstore from your system.
In the same way, if you choose to uninstall the Amazon Appstore from your Windows device it will also remove the Windows subsystem for Android.
The Windows subsystem for Android allows Windows users whose system meets up with the requirement to install Amazon Appstore on Windows and run their favourite apps on their device.
Windows users could be behind the bar and hindered from using the new Windows feature to install Android apps on the OS. However, if the new feature is available but the Windows subsystem Android connection refused, this article will help you to fix it.
Don’t hesitate to leave a comment below if this article has helped you to fix this Windows subsystem for Android internet connection problems.