Before we talk on how to change Facebook payment method or how to remove your current payment method from Facebook, it’ll be nice to learn somethings about Facebook ads and why you need to start running your own Facebook ads today.
Before that, the advantage of running ads on Facebook using debit/credit card is far more than using international credit or debit card. So, if you are reading this I’d advise you first check whether you can use any of debit/credit cards available in your country for your Facebook ads.
Personal I used my local bank debit/credit card to run Facebook ads but recently I had to remove it and add another cards due to economic policy and how much you can spend per month internationally with your automated teller machine (ATM) card.
However, here is the method I followed to change my payment method on Facebook and it’ll will be clearly shown here with screen shot, and how to add another debit or credit card.
Meanwhile, why do you need to start a Facebook ads or bring your business online to target more audience?
Facebook is a number one social media to target a specific defined audience, locally, internationally, gender-wise, race, etc. And it’s the fastest way to reach more people before your knowledge of search engine optimization (SEO) start production. I mean, before you can start gaining traffic from search, Facebook ads must have done a lot and put your business before hundreds of thousands citizens depending on your target audience.
There is absolutely no limitation on what you can do with your Facebook ads. You can decide to pause or deactivate your Facebook ads and reactivate it again. In the same wise, you can set up another Facebook ads targeting different audience depending on your product and what you are promoting. But most importantly, you can change your payment method on Facebook from one debit or credit card to another.
How to Change Facebook Payment Method
Note that before you can change Facebook payment method you must have added a card or a means of payment linked with your running or previous advert. For some reasons you may not be able to change Facebook account payment method.
The simple procedure below will walk you through how to change your Facebook payment method either via your homepage or your Facebook ads manager page.
1. Login your Facebook ads account, click the drop menu and click on billing & payment method to proceed to your Facebook ads account billing page
2. On your billing & payment Facebook account page click on edit payment method below your current mode of payment.
3. Once you have clicked on edit payment method, a new window will pop-up. Click on on Add Payment method and select your mode of Facebook account ads payment and hits the continue button to validate your alteration.
That is it… You have been able to change your Facebook payment method. But in case you want to remove your payment method Facebook, you can learn that from below.
How to Remove Facebook Payment Method
If you have added your credit/debit card to your Facebook ads account before and you will love to remove it, here is the step by step procedure to remove your mode of payment from Facebook, most especially if you are using debit or credit card. However, you need to know that you may not be able to remove your credit or debit card or your means of Facebook ads payment method IF you own Facebook.
Except that, you can easily remove your cards from Facebook ads account with the following few steps without problem,
1. From step 2 above, click remove instead of add payment method as shown below
2. A new window will pops up prompting you whether you want to truly remove your payment method, then click remove button. Note, if you have debt to pay on you Facebook ads account you will be prompt to add another payment method else you will not be able to remove your old Facebook ads account payment method if you cannot add a new one.
Were you able to remove your Facebook ads account payment method? This is the simple method to remove Facebook ads debit or credit card and how to add another Facebook payment method to your Facebook ads account.