If you are an Indian citizen and you are yet to take the COVID-19 vaccine, you should consider doing that now. It’s simple. Just register to take the vaccine, and you will be vaccinated. And if you have taken the vaccine and would love to download the certificate from cowin.gov.in, this article will guide you through the steps to download your COVID-19 vaccination certificate PDF to prove that you have been vaccinated.
There are different methods that are available to download your COVID-19 vaccine certificate. You can download the PDF certification from Aadhaar by name and phone number. You can also make some corrections if you discover that you made mistakes during your cowin registration.
Meanwhile, we will quickly discuss the Cowin registration and how to recover your lost password if forgotten.
What is Cowin.gov.in?
Cowin.gov.in is a website dedicated to taking and tracking COVID-19 vaccine records, registering for your vaccination, showing the total number of vaccinated citizens, daily vaccination, vaccination age limit, and searching the nearest vaccination center by a district, map, and PIN, and many more.
Cowin is, by default, the COVID-19 vaccine registration center for all Indians to beat the deadly disease. Whether you are vaccinated or not, you will find this article worth ready as we will consider how to download your vaccination certificate for vaccinated citizens and how to complete the Cowin registration to get vaccinated.
Recommended: How to Link Aadhaar Card to Voter ID Card
Cowin registration is a self-registration process where all Indian citizens can register from their COVID-19 vaccination. The process is straightforward. Therefore, you will learn about the COVID-19 registration on Cowin.gov.in here.
- First, go to cowin.gov.in and click on Register/Sign In at the top right of the COVID-19 vaccination registration page.
- A new tab will open, and you will be redirected to the self-registration portal on selfregistration.cowin.gov.in.
- To register for your vaccination, enter your phone number and click on the “Get OTP” button, and an OTP will be sent to your phone number.
- Enter the “OTP” and click on “Verify and Proceed.” You have about 180 seconds to process this.
- Fill out the registration form following the onscreen instruction. Ensure that you choose your age bracket to be eligible for this vaccine.
Once you have completed the COVID-19 registration on Cowin.gov.in or selfregistration.cowin.gov.in, you need to find your administration center to take your vaccine dose.
Search your COVID-19 Vaccination Center
After your COVID-19 registration on cowin.gov.in, you then need to proceed to search for your vaccination center. Your vaccination center is where the COVID-19 vaccine will be administered.
- Go to cowin.gov.in on a web browser, either on your phone or computer/laptop.
- Scroll down to “Search your nearest vaccination center,” and you will see three options available to locate the nearest vaccination center.
- To search by district, click on “District” and select the following.
- After you have selected the options above, click on the “Search” button.
- Now, the information you need to know about the nearest vaccination center will come up below it, and you will see when vaccines will be administered to all registered citizens.
Note: Children between the age of 12 and 17 can take the Covovax vaccine, and both doses can be taken within a month. Corbevax vaccine is also available for children between ages 12 and 17, and the period between the first and second dose is 28 days. And lastly, Covaxin is available for children between 15 and 18. The dose must be completed between 4 to 6 weeks after the first dose.
Download COVID-19 Vaccination Certificate
After your cowin.gov.in registration, booked appointment, and vaccinated, you can get your vaccination certificate in PDF to prove that you have been vaccinated. Therefore, after your COVID-19 registration on cowin.gov.in and vaccination, the following steps explain how to download your vaccination certification.
Meanwhile, we will consider different methods that can be followed to download your vaccination certificate and keep it for future reference.
Vaccination Certificate from Cowin Gov
Cowin.gov.in allows you to download your vaccination certificate from the official website using the phone number that is used to register for your vaccination. Before you begin, ensure that the phone number is accessible and it can receive and send SMS to receive the OTP to access your data on the Cowin page.
- Go to the CoWin official website at www.cowin.gov.in
- Click on the “Register/Sign In” option to the top right of the official website.
- Type the 10 digits registration phone number you used during the vaccination registration and click on “Get OTP.”
- Enter the “OTP” once you receive it on your phone and click on “Verify & Proceed.”
You will be redirected to a new webpage where you will see the certification. Once it displays, click on “Certificate” to download the COVID-19 vaccination certificate.
Download COVID-19 Vaccination Certificate via DigiLocker
You can also download your COVID-19 certificate from DigiLocker instead of the previous method we discussed via the www.cowin.gov.in website.
- To download your vaccination certificate via DigiLocker, go to the official website at digilocker.gov.in.
- Click on the “Sign Up” or “Sign In” and sign in to your account with the required information.
- After you’ve signed in, click on “View All (24), located just after the “Central Government.”
- Find and click on “Ministry of Health & Family Welfare” after the above step.
- Click on the option that says “COVID Vaccine Certificate.”
- Fill in your COVID-19 beneficiary ID to locate your vaccination certificate in the database and click on “Get Document.”
Once you click on the option to get the vaccination document, your COVID-19 vaccination certificate will be downloaded.
Note: Once you have downloaded the COVID-19 certificate, you may decide to print it and add it to your files for reference that you have been vaccinated.
How to Download Covid Vaccination Certificate With Aadhaar Number
As mentioned earlier that we will also discuss how to download COVID vaccination certificate with Aadhaar number. So, we are going to consider that right away. If you have registered for your Aadhaar card and you have it with you, you can make use of it to download your COVID-19 certificate.
- Go to the Playstore, search for “DigiLocker,” and click on the install button to download and install the “DigiLocker” app on your phone.
- Open the app and complete the registration process by providing your information such as name, date of birth, gender security PIN, phone number, Aadhar number, and other information that are needed to complete the registration.
- Open the “DigiLocker” app and sign in to your account. Navigate to the “Central Government” tab and click on “Ministry of Family Health and Welsafe (MoHFW).
- Click on the “Vaccine Verified” tab.
- Enter the 13 digits Aadhaar reference ID to download your Corona or COVID-19 vaccination certificate with the Aadhar number you entered.