Beenverified is one of the top websites for background checks and data brokers. They pull together your personal information and post it publicly on their site, selling it as a form of background check and report. Numerous people around the world are listed on this site and they are not even aware of it. If you will like to remove personal information from Beenverified for security reasons, we will show you the process.
Beenverified contains a large amount of information of various individuals including their names, date of birth, address, family member’s names, mortgages, employment history, criminal record, estimated net worth, past addresses, and many more which would be sold at request. If you are reading this article, your name is probably on Beenverified at the moment and the company is already making money off your information without your say.
To help you ensure that your private information remains private, we will be walking you through the process of removing your personal information or any information at all from the Beenverified database. This is necessary for your security and also to prevent the company from making money by selling out your details. To do this, follow our well-explained step by step guide below.
How Does Beenverified work?
Here are different ways to use the BeenVerified database. You can use it to do a background check on people you met on online dating platforms, you can use it to locate old friends or to even learn about those in your or your family members’ lives.
You can decide to use the platform to see what information is out there about yourself or someone close to you. People also use BeenVerified to find out who called their phone, find a person’s public social networking profiles or to research property.
However, you cannot use BeenVerified to determine a person’s eligibility or suitability for things like employment, admission, loans, insurance, housing, credit, and other similar purposes. This is because using information gotten from BeenVerified in this way violates their Terms & Conditions and it can lead to criminal penalties.
They can also terminate the accounts of users who violate these terms and they also have the right to reserve the right to report the violators to the appropriate law enforcement. Note that all of the BeenVerified reports are confidential and you wouldn’t even know if anyone is searching for you.
How to Remove Personal Information from Beenverified
If you find your information on BeenVerified in the people search results and you do not want your information there anymore, it is fine. Been verified allows you to easily remove your information from the people’s search results. Follow how detailed the guide below to do this quickly.
- Launch your browser and go to the BeenVerified official website beenverified.com.
- In the search box, enter your full name and the state you currently reside in.
- You will then see the results page based on your search query. If you receive a large number of results, try refining the search by entering your current city or age. If you do not get any information from the query you entered, then you should try searching again with your full name and any other state you have lived in.
- Once you locate your information in the results, open a new window, and log into your email account.
- Compose a new mail to be sent to email@example.com. Ensure the mail has the subject line: “Opt-Out Request.” In the body of the mail, include your full name, current and previous addresses, aliases, age, date of birth as well as listed relatives. Ensure you don’t miss out on any information about yourself which you found in their listing even if it is wrong. Note that your removal request could be denied if you don’t include every single information associated with your listing on their directory. Take a look at a sample email below.
- After sending the mail, you will receive an automated response immediately. Afterward, you will get a follow-up email confirming that your listing will be removed within 7-10 days.
- In about a week’s time, your information will be gone from their directory. However, ensure to go back to the BeenVerified site to search for your name occasionally. This is because BeenVerified always collects new public records and information about you. Hence, your name may pop up on their site again.
- Alternatively, you can also put a call to their customer support team by dialing 1-888-579-5910. However, ensure that you have all the necessary information about your listing on their site close by before making the call.
You should also check out our detailed Hotschedules log in the guide here.
Now you can easily remove your personal information from the BeenVerified site. Meanwhile, if you have any challenges following this guide, let us know in the comments section below.