Malwarebytes download is a microprogram to remove all infections from your computer without slowing down your PC and protect your PC from all users and removable such as USB, Bluetooth, etc.
However, before you proceed to download Malwarebytes and install the virus removal on your PC you are advised to first remove or disable other anti-virus programs from your PC.
Since having too many programs installed on your PC may slow down your PC performance. It’s similar to using anti-virus programs. When you have more than 1 anti-virus program coupled with Windows Defender or other Defenders, it may slow down the performance of your PC.
To start with, here is what you stand to benefit using the malware bytes application on your PC.
With the Malware bytes real-time protection all real-time detected malware such as Trojan and Viruses will be trashed automatically and quarantined without consulting you.
When you intend to open a file on your PC and Malware bytes discover it contains some information that may harm your computer the program will delete it automatically so that you always stay safe.
Also, when you are browsing the internet and you download malware or file that contains malware the Malware bytes app will quarantine it automatically.
Another reason to download Malware bytes app is the anti-ransomware feature. This feature takes care of all existing malware on your PC and deletes them from affecting your PC.
Whether your PC has caught up by a malware or Trojan before you download and install the Malware bytes, the app scans your PC and make sure that no malicious code existing that can harm your computer.
However, if ransomware files are detected the Malware bytes anti-malware app will stop the process and send the file to quarantine.
This anti-exploit feature is recommended for Windows users as it helps to block all vulnerability. When the anti-malware program detects some loopholes in your PC due to lack of Windows update, the program helps to fix the loophole and remove all attacking malware.
Also, if you are on a website that is trying to exploit your information without your permission or a file you downloaded is trying to steal your information and infect your computer with a virus or a Trojan, the Malware bytes will block the infections before it gets into your computer automatically.
This feature can save you a whole day from racking your brain to fix malware attack or a virus attack. The Malware bytes malicious website protect helps to protect your PC from access websites that have been labeled malicious due to pop-up, pop-under, adware, pups, in-browser miners, or are hosting exploit kits, etc.
However, once the feature is active the anti-malware program will block them before they have their way into your computer.
Malware Bytes Free Trial
Just like other anti-malware programs, then Malware bytes offers a free trial. However, the free trial lasts for a whole 14 days where you will be able to enjoy the full features for free.
After 14 days of your free trial, your access to the features mentioned above will be limited and you will be downgraded to using the free version which is scan and clean only.
The anti-malware program offers both free and premium version to all users. It also has a different package for all users. The malware bytes price is not as costly as those other anti-malware programs like AVG anti-virus, Avast, etc.
However, if you are using the Malware bytes anti-malware program for your business and your home gadgets you will be asked to pay just $39.99 for a whole year.
Now, instead of you to pay the same $39.99 for other devices you control you can just pay an additional $10 to add a device to your subscription.
This means that for each device you want to use the Malware bytes anti-program on you have to pay $10 to be able to use it on your business plan.
However, at the point where you pay for your plan, also note the device as you will be asked to select either Windows or Mac or Android.
There are different ways you can follow to download Malware bytes and install it on your device. You can download it from the official website. You can also download it from a 3rd party website.
However, whichever way you choose you will be asked to upgrade to the premium version after you 14 days free trial ends. It’s also not advisable to download cracked Malware bytes as you will not be able to get the latest update and that might hurt your device in fixing some loopholes due to the upgrade.
How to Install Malwarebytes
There are two popular ways to install Malware bytes on Windows, Mac, and Smartphones. You can install the anti-malware directly from the official website and you can also install the Malware bytes using a USB cable.
We’ll consider the two approaches here in this article so you can select the best approach you like.
Install Malware bytes from official website
Here is how to download and install the anti-malware app directly from the malware bytes official website.
1. Open a browser tab and go to Malware bytes site (http://www.malwarebytes.com)
2. Click on the free download option
3. You will be redirected to the download page where the download will begin automatically, else, click on click here to download.
4. Wait for some couple of minutes for the malware bytes.exe installer file to finish downloading. You can click on run from the popup in your browser if you are using Explorer or open for Google Chrome. You can even go to your download folder, right-click on the malware bytes executable file and click on run as administrator.
5. A new popup will come up asking you whether you want to install the file or not. Click OK to proceed, and then, when the installation process begins first select your language and click OK.
6. You will see the “Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Setup Wizard” window and you have to click on next to proceed.
7. Tick accept terms and condition and click on next to move to the next step.
8. Next, the Malware bytes anti-malware setup dialogue box will come up as usual. You can read through or skip it. Then, click on the next button to move to the next phase.
9. You will be asked to select the location where you want to install the file on your device. Select it or leave it to default and click on next.
10. The option to select start menu will come up. To create a startup menu untick don’t create startup menu folder and click on next.
11. Under the additional task, tick creates a desktop icon to help create a short cut so that you will be able to easily access the anti-malware program on your PC and click on next.
12. Now, read to install dialogue box will come up. Click on the install tab as shown below.
13. Finally, the Malware bytes will start installing on your PC and you are done. The installation process should only take some minutes to finish before you carry out your first scanning.
However, it’s advisable to restart your PC after the whole installation process is completed.
How to Install Malwarebytes on USB
A few days ago I was searching for how to install the portable Malwarebytes on USB and I came across this guide on Firewall forum and I decided to share it with you since the approach worked for so it might also work for you. You can follow the post here.
1. Download Malwarebytes and install it to USB pen.
2. Go to the USB drive and create a folder called ”x”
3. Find these 2 files by using file search in windows.mbam.sys & mbamswissarmy.sys
4. Put those files in folder x
5. Now go to “C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Malwarebytes” or “C:\ProgramData\Malwarebytes” and copy that directory to the folder called x on your USB drive. (This is where your updates are.)
6. Now create a batch file and save it in Malwarebytes’ Anti-Malware folder.
xcopy “%C%\x\mbam.sys” “C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\mbam.sys”
xcopy “%C%\x\mbamswissarmy.sys” “C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\mbamswissarmy.sys”
xcopy “%C%\x\Malwarebytes\Malwarebytes’ Anti-Malware” /s “C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Malwarebytes\Malwarebytes’ Anti-Malware”
Windows 7 & Vista
xcopy “E:\x\mbam.sys” “%WINDIR%\system32\drivers\mbam.sys”
xcopy “E:\x\mbamswissarmy.sys” “%WINDIR%\system32\drivers\mbamswissarmy.sys”
xcopy “E:\x\Malwarebytes\Malwarebytes’ Anti-Malware” /s /e “%HOMEDRIVE%\ProgramData\Malwarebytes\Malwarebytes’ Anti-Malware\”
regsvr32.exe “E:\Malwarebytes’ Anti-Malware\vbalsgrid6.ocx”
regsvr32.exe “E:\Malwarebytes’ Anti-Malware\ssubtmr6.dll”
regsvr32.exe “E:\Malwarebytes’ Anti-Malware\mbamext.dll”
start “E:\Malwarebytes’ Anti-Malware\mbam.exe”
How to Scan PC with Malwarebytes
Whether you install the anti-malware via the official website or you download and install the anti-virus on UBS, here is how to scan your PC with the program.
In just 5 steps you can initiate the Malware bytes app to start scanning your PC and remove all viruses and Trojan on it.
1. Launch the Malwarebytes app by clicking on the app desktop icon. And before your first scanning begins, the program will scan the anti-malware database to make sure that it’s up-to-date.
2. When you click on scan now the Malwarebytes anti-malware program will start to scan your PC. Do not forget to pay attention to the scanning screen.
3. Once the scanning is done and suspected files are discovered, all will be listed and the program will ask you to quarantine them. However, take your time to go through the suspected malicious file and see if truly the program should quarantine them otherwise untick it to leave it.
4. All the selected items will be deleted from your PC and quarantined. For more info on the deleted files go to the report section, select the quarantined file and click on view result to learn more about the quarantined file.
You can also go to the settings to start the anti-malware on startup and re-configure the program to work with schedule and the likes.
In my own view and from experience, the Malwarebytes anti-malware is one of the simplest programs to take care of Trojan and Virus on your PC as well as real-time protection when you are connected to the internet.