Reading this article, you are guaranteed of one thing, and that is the fact that you will be able to activate ESPN on PS4 without any troubles.
This article will tell you what you need to know about the PS4, some of its features and why you should activate ESPN on your PS4 console. Just promise to read through and not skip any part and you’ll be better for it.
ESPN is an acronym for Entertainment and Sports Programming Network, and it is an American cable television network, also a leading multinational, multimedia sports entertainment brand featuring the broadest portfolio of multimedia sports assets.
The channel broadcasts exclusive UFC events, hundreds of MLB and NHL games, alongside college sports (including football, basketball and nearly a dozen other sports from 20 conferences).
As a result of its affiliated networks and businesses, ESPN has been able to reach sports fans in 71 countries and territories across all seven continents. It is also linked to business entities including TV (29 networks and syndication), radio, digital, consumer products as well as event management.
In the light of discussing how to activate ESPN on PS4, it is necessary that you know, that the PS4 is not only a gaming console but also a streaming device.
PS4 a home video game console developed by Sony Computer Entertainment.
Announced as the successor to the PlayStation 3 in February 2013, it was launched on November 15, 2013, in North America, November 29, 2013 in Europe, South America and Australia, and on February 22, 2014 in Japan.
What’s In The Box Of Your PS4
Once you’ve unboxed the PlayStation 4, these are the items you should expect to find.
- The console itself
- A wireless controller
- A power cable
- An HDMI cable
- A controller charging USB cable
- An earbud with integrated microphone.
How To Set Up PS4
In order for you to be able to activate ESPN on your PS4, you have to first set up the PS4 console, by connecting it to a TV. Here’s how to go about that.
- Insert one end of the HDMI cable into the HDMI OUT port on the rear of the PlayStation 4.
- Insert the other end of the HDMI cable into the HDMI input on your display device.
- Insert the power cable into the AC IN connector on the rear of the PlayStation 4.
- Safely insert the power plug into a mains electrical outlet.
- If you will be connecting your PlayStation 4 to the internet via a wired connection, you can now connect an Ethernet cable between the LAN port on the rear of the PlayStation 4 and your router or modem.
- Then, update PS4 system software, this is necessary because you can only access any online features of the PS4, when the system has been updated to the latest version.
- More so, it makes it possible for system software updates to begin downloading automatically as soon as they are available, and an on-screen notification will inform you when it is ready to install.
- After that, you will then connect to PS4 network.
- If you are already a PlayStation user, that will mean you already have an account so you can use your existing account details to sign in but if you are new to PlayStation, you can easily use your PlayStation 4 to create an account.
- Now that your account is ready, you can begin to download games and apps from the PlayStation™Store or use a game disc to install a game.
- With that done, you can go ahead to install and activate ESPN right on your PS4.
How To activate ESPN on PS4
Now, let’s get to the main reason why we are, how you can activate ESPN on your PS4.
- You will begin by opening the ESPN app on your Playstation 4
- Select Settings.
- Select Subscriptions and select Subscribe.
- Then select Log In.
- Endeavour to note down the activation code and go to http://espn.com/activate on your computer or mobile browser.
- On your browser, enter the activation code and click Continue.
- Log in to the existing ESPN account or create a new one.
- Your subscription will now be linked to your PS4 and your account linked, so you can activate it on other devices.
How To Fix ESPN Not Working on PS4
After getting the activation process done successfully, you could get to encounter times when ESPN refuses to load on your PS4, So here are things you can do to rectify that;
Check Your Network Connection
The fact is ESPN depends on a good network connection in order to get started, so if your network connection is poor, then that will affect your ESPN app from loading properly. Here is how you can fix that;
- Make sure your internet connection is up and running. Connect a different device e.g., a phone or a laptop to the same network and access ESPN.
- Make sure the PS4 is connected to the network, as it could happen that the connection had dropped. In this case, go to the settings on the PS4 and connect to the network again.
- Make sure the PS4 is getting decent signal strength and that there is nothing that can interfere with the signals.
Power Cycle Your Gaming Console
Power cycling is simply the process of turning hardware off and then turning it on again. In the data center, technicians use power cycling to test the durability and reliability of network components. So if your ESPN wouldn’t respond, then power cycle it by;
- Pressing the Power button to turn off the PS4 console completely.
- Unplug the main power supply wire from the socket of the console. About 5-10 minutes later, hold the PS4 power button for 30 seconds to drain all the left energy.
- Now, you can reconnect the cables and press the Power button to restart your console.
- Launch the application and see if the ESPN corrupted error has been resolved.
How To Delete ESPN from PS4
Although we are discussing and hoping you get to activate ESPN on your PS4, but in the spirit of giving you a balanced content, we feel you need to know how you can delete the app from your console, if at any point you feel like doing so. So here’s how to go about that;
- Navigate to the ESPN icon, either in the quick start main menu or in your library, which is found all the way to the right side of the media bar on the PS4 home screen.
- While highlighting the icon, press the Options button on your controller to bring up the menu.
- Scroll down to Delete, and confirm your selection by pressing OK.
So there goes how you can successfully activate ESPN on your PS4 console. We hope this article was enlightening enough for you.