You should know that to Activate HBO Go on your PS4 requires downloading and signing up into HBO Go, which is the first procedure you should take. So much bothered and disturb really wishing to get succinct details about the activation process. On this page, we would be explaining the process one after the other.
To activate HBO Go on PS4 is more advantageous, helpful, benefit for every of all the users or fans of play station rather than other gaming consoles
- You are not limited to the number of devices that can connect at a time
- Most of the content that is available in the HBO Go library is content that originally aired on HBO
- You don’t have to own a smart TV before you can gain access
- It’s available as an online app for many devices including play station
- Once you have an HBO Go subscription all you have to do is call up your cable provider and let them know that you’re interested in the streaming version of HBO.
You might be so bothered maybe your ps4 device is not a supported device for HBO Go. Well, clarifying to you all ps4 devices are supported devices for HBO Go, is it PS4 Original, PS4 Slim, PS4 Pro so far you have the play station 4 you should not be bothered because your device is compactable.
Sign up and Download HBO Go on PS4
It is necessary to sign up before proceeding to how to activate HBP Go on ps4
- To sign up to HBO Go visit service sign up site.
- After signing up go to the home screen of your PS4
- Launch the app store and search ‘HBO Go’ on your PS4
- Select ‘Download or Get‘ to download and to install the app.
- You can now stream HBO Go on your Playstation when the service is activated.
How to Activate HBO Go on PS4
After you are done with the sign up, download and installation we can now proceed to how to activate the HBO Go app on your/our PS4 console.
- You can download the HBO Go app from your app store following the steps above.
- Open the HBO GO on the PS4.
- Choose Activate HBO GO panel on the Welcome screen. This will create the activation code on the next screen.
- Go to www.hbogo.com/activate and choose your TV provider
- On the Activate a Device screen, enter the code displayed on your TV and click Activate.
- You will get a message showing you are successful on both your television and your browser.
Troubleshooting Tips on HBOGo not Working on your PS4
If the HBO Go activation process id not working on your PS4 console, follow the steps below to fix it.
Power Cycle your Playstation Device
It is a frustrating part to experience a problem when trying to activate the HBO Go on your PS4 and the system is having a problem loading.
By switching off and on your play station device can save you from the halting system that is taking your time. You can also remove those pages that are complicated to get into the prescription by powering off and on your playstation device and starting afresh.
If all cables are not working properly, you can power cycle your device to rectify the issue, to try this follow the steps below
- Completely turn off the PlayStation by holding the power button.
- Wait for the power light to stop flashing, then remove the power cable and leave the system for 20 minutes.
- Reconnect and attempt to launch Safe Mode.
To power it on again try this
- Turn off the system by pressing the power button on the front panel. The power indicator will blink for a few moments before turning off.
- Once the system is off, press and hold the power button again. Release it after you hear the second beep: one beep will sound when you first press, and another seven seconds later.
- Connect the controller with the USB cable and press the PS button on the controller.
Check your connection or HBO Go Max server
As you are in the process to activate the HBO Go on your PS4 and you are experiencing issues. The first thing you should check when you encounter an error in loading of HBO Go system is the status of the server, you can try this by entering the third party site called downdetector
Try a different streaming service on your PS4
Experiencing issues to activate HBO Go on ps4, don’t relent, you can try a different streaming device. To be sure or to clarify if the problem is coming from that channel you are, you can try a different streaming service just to clarify, because when HBO Go is under server maintenance some of its channels will be unavailable for some time.
If you can’t watch your favorite shows on HBO Max, go back to the media library and try playing other titles
Update your apps on your PS4
To fix some issues like bugs and glitches i.e those problems affecting the functions of your PlayStation, that’s why PS4 games and apps regularly receive updates to fix these issues and even add some new content to the system.
This is another issue you can face as you are proceeding to activate HBO Go on ps4. The best way to update the system of a ps4 is to enable the automatic update.
You can enable the ‘set it and forget it’ approach and also make sure that your PS4 is always running the latest version of your games and apps. You can also update your play station in rest mode, in other to save more of your effort.
To do this, follow the steps below
- From the ps4 dashboard, move to settings
- Move down and select System.
- Choose Automatic Downloads.
- Check off the box next to the Application Update Files option.
- Move back to the Settings menu and select Power Save Settings.
Select Set Features Available in Rest Mode
To put your update in rest mode, follow the steps below
- To put it in rest mode, hold down the central home button on your PS4 controller and select Power. Then select Enter Rest Mode. Your PS4 will continue to operate in a lower power mode where it can keep games and apps suspended, charge controllers, and download updates.
- Check off both Stay Connected to the Internet and Enable Turning On of PS4 from Network options. It is necessary to enable these features so the console can download and install game updates when it’s not in use.
Clear your browser history
You might be having a problem to activating HBO GO on your PS4, why not check your browser history.
It is now possible for you to view your browsing history on your console and delete it. Unfortunately, the PS4 doesn’t offer a private browsing mode. If you want to browse privately, you’ll just have to clear your browsing history after each session.
- To find your browser go to the internet browser app.
- Press the “Options” button on your DualShock 4 controller.
- Choose the browser history and press the ‘x’ button.
- You can scroll through the list and press the “X” button on a selected web page to reopen any item in your browser.
To clear your history, press the “Options” button on your controller again, and then click the “Clear Browsing History” button