In this guide, we would be discussing how to activate MTV on all supported devices via https://mtv.com/activate. MTV is the home of music, celebrity gist, latest shows, and movie trends.
You can have access to diverse content from billboard music to exclusive movies and series. However, to have unlimited access to MTV full contents, you would need to connect the app to a pay-TV provider.
MTV isn’t a stand-alone app. You must subscribe to an MTV-supported Pay-TV provider to access its full content. On the other hand, you can have access to MTV content by watching MTV using a supported streaming platform.
In this guide, we would explain in detail how to activate MTV on each device. Keep in mind that you however need to create an MTV account in order o prompt activation on mtv.com/activate.
How to activate MTV on Roku
Following the steps below to complete MTV activate on Roku.
- From your Roku Home Screen, go to your Roku Channel store.
- On your Roku Channel Store, select “Streaming channel” from the drop-down menu and find the search option.
- Using the on-screen keyboard, search for MTV in the search option.
- Once you’ve found MTV, select the “Add channel” option and the app would be added to your channel list.
- Get to your Roku channels list to open the MTV app.
- Once opened, go to the sign-in option and enter your account details.
- You would receive an activation code on your screen once you sign in.
- Using a different device. You can use your mobile phone or a PC. Visit mtv.com/activate.
- On this website, enter the activation code in the box provided and select “Continue“.
- You would have asked to select your TV Provider from the list. afterward, you would be requested to enter the account details of your TV Provider. This would be used to verify your subscription status.
- Once this process is complete, your Roku screen would automatically refresh and you would have access to the full content from MTV.
How to activate MTV on Apple TV (iOS)
For Apple TV, the steps below can be used to activate the MTV app on the smart device.
- From your Apple TV Home Screen, go to the Apps Store.
- On the top-right search bar, use your virtual keyboard and search “MTV“.
- From the result, select the MTV app and download it to your Apple TV.
- Once the MTV app is installed, select it and sign in by entering your MTV account in the required field.
- An activation code would appear on your Apple TV the moment you sign in.
- Simply grab your mobile phone or PC and visit mtv.com/activate.
- on the website, enter the activation code you are given in the box provided on the website and click “Continue“
- You would be asked for details about your TV provider account just to verify your subscription status.
- Once verified, your device would automatically be activated by MTV.
How to Activate MTV on Amazon fire TV/Fire Stick
We discuss how to activate MTV on Fire TV or Firestick in the steps below
- From your fire TV Home Screen, select the search option.
- On the search icon, search for “MTV” in the Amazon Apps Store.
- From the results, select MTV and install it on your device by clicking on the Get/download option.
- Once the app has been installed, launch the app.
- The moment you launch the app, you would be granted an activation code.
- Grab your mobile phone or PC and visit mtv.com/activate.
- On the website, enter your activation code in the space provided and select “continue’.
- you would be requested to enter your TV provider’s name and account information.
- Once this is done, your TV would refresh and load all MTV contents to your device.
How to Activate MTV on Android TV
Here are the steps to download and activate MTV on the Android TV box.
- From your Android Home Screen, visit Google Play Store.
- Go to the search icon on Google Play Store and search MTV.
- MTV’s official app would appear in the results. Select the app and install it.
- Once installed, launch the app from your apps list.
- After launch, you would be requested to sign in to your MTV account. please do so.
- After signing in, an activation code would appear.
- Copy this activation code.
- Using your mobile device or PC, visit mtv.com/activate
- On the website, enter the activation code in the box provided and click “Continue”.
- Once done, you would be prompted to select your TV provider and log in to your TV provider account.
- After this step is complete, an automatic activation would be done on your device.
How to Activate MTV on Xbox
Xbox One and 360 gaming consoles also support the MTV app. To download and install the MTV app on your Xbox, follow the steps below.
- From your Xbox console, visit the Microsoft Store.
- Use the virtual keyboard to search for “MTV” in the Apps Store.
- From the results, select MTV and install it on your device.
- once installed, launch the app and sign in using your MTV account.
- An activation code would appear on the screen. take a mental note of this code.
- Using your mobile device or PC, visit mtv.com/activate
- Enter the activation code in the box provided on this website and click “Activate.”
- Once this is done, you would be asked to fill in your TV Provider details to verify your subscription status.
- Once this is verified, your device would automatically load all MTV contents.
How to Activate MTV on Samsung Smart TV
Here are the steps to take to complete MTV.com activate on your Samsung Smart TV.
- Visit your Samsung Smart Hub using your Samsung Smart TV remote.
- On the Samsung Smart Hub, search for MTV using the search bar.
- Once found, install MTV on your Samsung Smart TV.
- After installation, open the MTV app on your Samsung Smart TV.
- Once the application is opened, sign in to MTV using your email and password.
- upon signing in, you would receive an activation code. This activation code would appear on your screen.
- Simply grab your mobile phone and visit mtv.com/activate
- On this website, enter your activation code in the space provided and click ” Continue“
- You would be asked to enter your Tv provider details to verify your subscription status.
How to Activate MTV on PS4
Follow the steps below to download and activate MTV on your PS4.
- From your PS4 Home Screen, visit the PlayStation Store.
- On the PlayStation Store, use the search option to look for the MTV app.
- Once found, install the app on your PlayStation.
- Launch the app once it’s successfully installed.
- Upon launching the app, you would be required to sign in to your MTV account.
- After signing in, an activation code would appear on the screen of your device.
- Copy this activation code and visit mtv.com/activate using your mobile device or desktop.
- On this website, enter the activation code in the space provided.
- Once entered, you would be redirected to a page where you would be asked to enter your TV Provider credentials. This would be requested to verify your subscription status on your TV Provider.
- Once this is done, your device would be activated.
How to Activate MTV without a cable subscription.
To watch MTV, you would most likely need a TV Provider and a cable operator. You can however watch MTV without any of these. Several streaming platforms offer MTV as part of their membership packages. Examples of these platforms are:
- YouTube TV
- Sling TV
- Fubo TV
- AT&T TV Now
How to get a new MTV activation code
- Go to settings on the MTV app.
- Click on the “regenerate code” icon.
- You would immediately get a new code that you can use to activate your device.
Activation code not working
There are a couple of reasons why your activation code may not work. We have however highlighted the most likely reasons why activation may be invalid and solutions.
- Wrong code: Double check if you entered the right code.
- Expired code: If you spend too long without prompting an activation, you may need to get a new one.
- Verify your device’s compatibility with MTV.
- Avoid using slow-speed internet during activation and streaming.
- Reinstall the MTV app and start the process again.
- Make sure the MTV software is up to date.
- Remove any third-party app attached to the MTV app.
If this guide helped you, let us know in the comments. You may also want to check out how to activate MTV on all smart TV