You might have been searching for a better explanation on how to activate HBO Go on Roku intensely and fortunately, you got into this page. On this page, you will get the full details and explanation on how to activate HBO Go on Roku.
HBO Go is a premium on-demand video streaming service that can be accessed via the American cable network provider HBO. HBO Go goes beyond just supplying the regular soaps. It is an exclusive and highly esteemed streaming network that is loved and celebrated worldwide for its selection of carefully curated content.
You might be having problems in activating HBO Go on your Roku, in this page, we will also be discussing those problems you might be facing on how to activate HBO Go on your Roku device
To be sure if your Roku device support HBO Go I will have to list out the supported Roku devices
Supported Roku device for HBO Go
- Roku Streaming Stick 4K
- Roku Ultra (2020)
- Roku Express 4K Plus.
- Roku Streaming Stick 4K Plus.
- Roku Express.
- Roku Streambar
How to Download and install HBO Go on Roku
This is the first step you will take before you proceed to how to activate HBO Go on the Roku device. To download and install follow the steps below.
- Navigate to the search icon on your Roku device
- Input HBO Go into the search icon and search
- Click on download and install
How to Activate HBO Go on Roku
After you finished with your installation, open and launch to HBO Go app. you will need to sign up before you can sign in, and note that by signing up or signing in you will get an activation code in which will help you gain access by subscribing.
- To sign up visit HBO.com/order and choose to Get Just HBO.
- Fill out the new account form and choose Create Account. You’ll use this email and password to sign in on any supported device.
- Add your payment info and choose Start Subscription
After creating an account or signing up, we can now proceed into the activation process, to activate HBO Go on Roku follow the steps below
- Startup the channel and click “Activate your Device.”
- Then visit hbogo.com/activate
- After that choose ROKU
- click on continue and choose your provider from the list
- You’ll see a pop-up to enter your provider’s ID and password
- Once you sign in, you’ll land on a page to enter your activation code, enter the code you see on your TV screen
- After that you are ready to go, your device is now successfully linked to your HBO Go account.
Troubleshooting HBO Go not Working on Roku
The following suggestions are the best way to troubleshoot and fix HBO Go not working on Roku.
- Check device compatibility
- Update your Roku device
- Restart your Roku device
- Log out and log in again
- Clear Roku cookies and cache
Check device compatibility
Before you can be sure of proceeding into how to activate HBO Go on Roku, let’s be sure if your device is compactable. To check your device compatibility means that you should check if your Roku device is a supported device or maybe your Roku device would also be able to run the application.
The HBO Max app works very well on the latest Roku models. However, older Roku models such as Roku 2500 do not support the HBO Max app.
Therefore, you need to visit the HBO help center to see the list of compatible Roku devices. If you can’t find your Roku model on the list, you can either buy a new supported Roku model or get a device that can work with your existing Roku TV and can run the HBO Max app.
Update Roku Device
To update the Roku device involves getting the latest version of HBO Go on your Roku device. It is important to update so as not to be having the outdated version of HBO Go on your device, having an outdated version might have limited access into watching of some programs. It is necessary to check if your device is updated before proceeding on how to activate HBO Go on Roku.
Roku needs to run on its latest version to let apps work properly. To update Roku:
- Grab your Roku remote and press the Home button on the remote.
- Navigate to Settings –> System –> System Update.
- Select the “Check Now” option and update the Roku software.
Wish to know how to activate hbo go not working click here
Restart your Roku Device
You can restart or power cycle your Roku device by switching it off and on over again just to solve the issue you are having on your HBO Go
You can often fix HBO Max app issues on Roku by restarting the device. Follow these steps to restart Roku.
- On your Roku TV, go to your Home screen.
- Next, Go to Settings–> System –> System Restart.
- Click on the Restart button to confirm this action.
- Once the device has been restarted, launch the HBO Max app and see if the error persists.
Log out and Log in again
Sometimes, temporary bugs cause the HBO Max app to malfunction on Roku. To avoid any issues or error messages, you can try logging out and signing in again.
In this case, you can re-login to your HBO max account and start a new session. To do this on Roku:
- Go to your HBO Max account using a web browser.
- Next, go to your Profile and click on Manage Devices.
- Now locate your Roku device from the list and click on the Sign-out option.
- Finally, restart your Roku device, log back into your HBO Max account, and verify that the problem has been fixed.
Clear Roku Cookies and Cache
Cookies are files created by sites you visit. They make your online experience easier by saving browsing data. The cache remembers parts of pages, like images, to help them open faster during your next visit. even though cache and cookies have their helpful part, too much of them can also serve as junk files thereby affecting the loading system of your Roku.
Roku’s cache and data can get corrupted over time due to internet bugs. Therefore, you may need to clear its cache data occasionally for the apps to work properly. here are the steps on how you can clear your cache on your Roku device.
- On your Roku device, go to the Main Menu and select the Home option.
- Once the Home tab is selected, press the Home button 5 times on your remote.
- Next, press the Up button and then press the Rewind button twice.
- For the last step, tap the Fast Forward button twice to let the cache clearing process begin.
- Now launch the HBO Max error and check if that fixes the issue.
In conclusion, the major and general troubleshooting tips are the ones discussed above, and I hope that those solutions to the problems have been more satisfyingly helpful for you, and if not don’t linger on commenting, and also tell if you have a different problem