The Firestick remote is essential for using the Amazon Firestick and if you do not know how to pair the Firestick remote to a TV, you will be unable to enjoy the benefit of owning an Amazon Firestick. That shows you will have to glue to using the buttons. So, here in this article, you will learn how to pair Firestick remote to TV volume.
The Amazon Firestick is a great device that helps you convert your traditional TV to a smart TV with straightforward so you won’t have to bother about a smart TV. The Firestick will turn your TV into a smart TV.
With the Amazon Firestick, you can stream movies online, watch Netflix, install apps, play music, and perform other activities that can only be performed on a smart TV with a traditional TV.
However, to effectively use the Firestick, you will need to pair the Firestick remote to the TV and if you do not know how to do that, the following section of this article will explain the steps you need to take to pair your Firestick remote to your TV volume remote.
How to Pair Firestick Remote to TV Volume
If you recently acquired the Firestick or you got a replacement Firestick remote, and you are not sure about how to pair the Firestick remote to the TV; here is all you need.
In that case, the instructions given below will guide you on how to pair Firestick remote to tv volume.
- Connect your Fire TV to your TV’s HDMI port and plug the power adapter into an available power source.
- Press and hold your TV’s power button to turn it on.
- Press the home button on the Firestick remote for about 10 seconds or until the LED light blinks, signifying that the remote is in pairing mode.
Once the remote’s LED light flashes three blue lights it implies that you have successfully paired your Firestick remote to the TV and can now begin to enjoy the entertainment value the Fire TV has to offer.
You can also check out How to Uninstall Apps on your Firestick.
How to Pair Firestick Remote to TV Volume
If you’d like to use your Firestick remote to control your smart TV volume, you can achieve this by following the instructions below.
- Connect your Firestick to the TV and turn it on.
- Click on the “Settings Menu.”
- Select “Equipment Control.”
- Click on “Add Equipment.”
- Select “TV.”
- Click on “Change TV.”
- Choose “Change TV” from the popup.
- Select the TV brand that you want to control with the Firestick TV remote as your Firestick TV volume remote will try to determine your TV model.
- Click on the “Yes” option if the name of the TV display matches your TV name otherwise, click on “No.”
- If you select the “No” option you will see a list of all TV manufacturers. Now, you want to select the name of your TV.
- You should see a message on your TV screen prompting you to press the power button on your Firestick TV remote. If your TV powers off then you are good to go. Now, you need to wait for about 30 seconds and turn on the TV again with the remote.
- Again, the Firestick TV remote will ask you whether you were able to turn off your TV when you press the power button. If you were able to then click on “Yes” otherwise click on “No.”
- You will also see a prompt “Is your TV turned on and turned off when you press the power button.” Choose “Yes” if it does otherwise choose “No.”
- If all things are set as expected. Your Firestick remote will start upgrading to be able to work with your TV.
- When the upgrade is completed you want to click on the “OK” button.
You can now use your Firestick TV remote to control your TV volume up and volume down by pressing the appropriate key on the TV volume remote.
How to Unpair Firestick Remote
Before you can pair a new remote to your smart TV or non-smart TV you first need to unpair the already paired remote. Therefore, we will consider how to unpair the Firestick remote here so that you will have the privilege of pairing a new remote.
- Turn on your Fire TV
- Go to “Settings“
- Click on the “Controllers and Bluetooth device”
- Select the “Amazon Fire TV remote” that you already paired with your TV.
- Take the Firestick TV remote to unpair and click on the “Select” button.
The remote you selected will be unpaired and you will be able to pair the new remote TV volume control to your TV.
How to Reset a Firestick Remote
The model of Firestick TV remote you are using determines the steps to take to reset it. So, here, we will discuss all methods on how to reset a Firestick remote. It’s worth noting that resetting your Firestick remote will wipe off all your preset or reconfiguration on the remote.
How to Reset Basic Edition Firestick Remote
If your Firestick remote is the basic edition; by following the steps below you will learn how to reset it.
- Press the home and menu buttons three times simultaneously.
- Release the home button and press the menu button nine times.
- Remove the batteries from your remote
- Unplug the TV for about 60 seconds.
- Now put the battery back in the remote and plug the TV into its power outlet.
- Press the home button on the remote for about 40 seconds when the home screen appears.
- Wait for about 60 seconds and follow any prompt on your screen to complete the process.
How to Reset Alexa Voice Remote
If your Firestick remote is the Alexa voice remote, you can reset it by following the instructions below.
- Disconnect your Fire TV from its power outlet.
- Simultaneously press the left, menu, and back buttons for about 12 seconds.
- Release the buttons and remove the batteries from the remote after about 5 seconds.
- Plug in your Fire TV and put the batteries back in the remote after 30 seconds.
- Press the home button on the remote until the indicator light blinks blue, signifying a successful pairing.
How to Reset Fire TV Smart Remote
If you use the Fire TV smart remote, you can reset it if it is not functioning optimally by following the instructions below.
- Unplug the TV from its power source for approximately 60 seconds.
- Press the left, menu, and back buttons together for approximately 12 seconds.
- Remove the batteries in the remote, and plug the TV back into its power outlet.
- Now put the batteries back in the remote and press the home button for about 10 seconds or till the indicator light starts flashing blue.
How to Reset Alexa 1st Generation Voice Remote
You can reset your first-generation Alexa voice remote by following the instructions given below.
- Disconnect your Fire TV and wait for about a minute.
- Simultaneously hold down the Left and Menu buttons for about 12 seconds.
- Release the buttons and remove the batteries in the remote.
- Connect your fire YV and put the batteries back in the remote.
- Finally, press the home button on the remote till the LED light starts showing blue to signify that the remote has paired with the TV.
Can I Use My Phone as A Fire Stick Remote?
You can follow the instructions below to set up your phone as your FireStick remote.
- Install the mobile app on your iPhone or Android device.
- Connect your mobile device to the same Wi-Fi device your Fire TV is using.
- Launch the Fire TV app on your mobile device and select the available device on your screen.
- Finally, follow the onscreen instructions to complete the setup.
Once you have successfully set up your TV as your Firestick remote, you can use onscreen navigation, keyboard, and other controls to control your Fire TV.
This article has given a detailed explanation of how to pair Firestick remote to TV voulme. We also looked at how to reset various models of the Firestick remote and how to use your phone as a Firestick remote.