The Firestick remote is essential for using the Amazon firestick, and if you do not know how to pair the Firestick remote to a TV, you will be unable to enjoy the benefit of owning an Amazon firestick. So, here in this article, you will learn step-by-step how to pair Firestick remote to TV.
The Amazon firestick is a great device that helps you convert your traditional TV to a smart TV with straightforward steps.
With the Amazon firestick, you can stream, install apps, play music, and perform other activities that can only be performed on a smart TV with a traditional TV.
However, to effectively use the firestick, you will need to pair the firestick remote to the TV, and if you do not know how to do that, the following section f this article will explain the steps you need to take to pair the firestick remote to your TV.
How to Pair Firestick Remote to TV
If you recently acquired the firestick, or you got a replacement firestick remote, and you are unsure about how to pair the firestick remote to the TV here is all you need. In that case, the instructions given below will guide you on how to pair your firestick remote to a TV.
- Connect your Fire TV to your TV’s HDMI port and plug the power adapter into an available power source.
- Then press and hold your TV’s power button to turn it on.
- Then press the home button on the firestick remote for about 10 seconds or until the LED light blinks, signifying that the remote is in pairing mode.
Once the remote’s LED light flashes three blue lights, it implies that you have successfully paired your firestick remote to the TV and can now begin to enjoy the entertainment value the fire TV has to offer.
You can also check out How to Uninstall Apps on your Firestick.
How to Pair Firestick Remote to TV Volume
If you’d like to use your firestick remote to control your smart TV volume, you can achieve this by following the instructions below.
- Connect your fire stick to the TV and turn it on.
- Then click on the settings menu and click on equipment control.
- Then click on add equipment and select TV.
- Then select your TV brand and follow the prompts to turn your TV off with the firestick remote power button.
- Then click on the yes option to restart the TV with the remote.
- Then follow the onscreen instructions to complete the process.
Once you are done following the instructions above, you can attempt to control your TV using the firestick remote to confirm that you have been able to set it up successfully.
How to Unpair Firestick Remote
If you got a replacement remote and want to unpair the older firestick remote once you have paired the new remote.
You can unpair the firestick remote by following the instructions below.
- Turn on your fire TV and go to the settings menu.
- Then click on controllers and Bluetooth device and select Amazon fire TV remote.
- Then go to the firestick remote you want to unpair and click on the select button.
Once you have selected the remote, it will automatically unpair, and you will now have only your new replacement remote paired with the TV.
How to Reset Firestick Remote
There are different models of the firestick remote, and the method of resetting the remote if it is not functioning at an optimal level is mainly dependent on the model.
This article section will look at how to reset some of the popular firestick remotes.
How to Reset Basic Edition Firestick Remote
If your Firestick remote is the basic edition; follow the steps below to reset the remote.
- Simultaneously press the home and menu buttons three times.
- Then release the home button and press the menu button nine times.
- Then remove the batteries from your remote and unplug the TV for about 60 seconds.
- Now put the battery back in the remote, and plug the TV into its power outlet.
- Then press the home button on the remote for about 40 seconds when the home screen appears.
- Then wait for about 60 seconds and follow any prompt that may appear on your screen to complete the process.
How to Reset Alexa Voice Remote
If your firestick remote is the Alexa voice remote, you can reset it by following the instructions below.
- Disconnect your fire TV from its power outlet.
- Then simultaneously press the left, menu, and back buttons for about 12 seconds.
- Release the buttons and remove the batteries from the remote after about 5 seconds.
- Then plug in your fire TV and put the batteries back in the remote after 30 seconds.
- Then press the home button on the remote until the indicator light blinks blue, signifying a successful pairing.
How to Reset Fire TV Smart Remote
If you use the fire TV smart remote, you can reset it if it is not functioning optimally by following the instructions below.
- Unplug the TV from its power source for approximately 60 seconds.
- Then press the left, menu, and back buttons together for approximately 12 seconds.
- Then remove the batteries in the remote, and plug the TV back into its power outlet.
- Now put the batteries back in the remote and press the home button for about 10 seconds or till the indicator light starts flashing blue.
How to Reset Alexa 1st Generation Voice Remote
You can reset your first-generation Alexa voice remote by following the instructions given below.
- Disconnect your fire TV and wait for about a minute.
- Then simultaneously hold down the Left and Menu buttons for about 12 seconds.
- Then release the buttons and remove the batteries in the remote.
- Then connect your fire YV and put the batteries back in the remote.
- Finally, press the home button on the remote till the LED light starts showing blue to signify that the remote has paired with the TV.
Can I Use My Phone as A Fire Stick Remote?
Yes, you can use your phone as a firestick remote, as the fire TV mobile app is available on the Google play store and the apple app store.
You can follow the instructions below to set up your phone as your fire stick remote.
- Install the mobile app on your iPhone or android device.
- Then connect your mobile device to the same wifi device your fire TV is using.
- Then launch the fire TV app on your mobile device and select the available device on your screen.
- Finally, follow the onscreen instructions to complete the setup.
Once you have successfully set up your TV as your firestick remote, you can use onscreen navigation, keyboard, and other controls to control your fire TV.
This article has given a detailed explanation of how to pair firestick remote to a TV. We also looked at how to reset various models of the firestick remote and how to use your phone as a firestick remote.