For so many reasons your Facebook might be loading so slowly that you can be frustrated. So, here we will take a look at some possible troubleshooting tips about how to fix Facebook loading slowly or if your Facebook account isn’t opening at an appropriate time.
It’s well known that Facebook’s mobile app uses a lot of data and consumes a lot memory. But, even after using up a lot of your phone’s resources, the Facebook app on your Android or iPhone can still load slowly.
Before you go ahead to fix Facebook loading slowly, you need to be aware of the possible factors that are making Facebook drag. Afterwards, you can now look into the fixes.
Anyway, simply read on as you will get a solution to the issue once you are done reading this post.
Why is Facebook Loading So Slowly?
It depends on the Facebook version; app, or website that you are using. Since you can only access Facebook in 2 ways which are either using the official mobile app or the official website: www.facebook.com.
When Facebook is loading slowly, it may be due to any of the following reasons:
- It could be due to suspected registry errors.
- Internet connections are unreliable, poor, or have other issues.
- Damaged or unnecessary registry keys.
- Junk accumulating on your computer, including temporary files, cookies, and cache.
- Browser add-ons could be interfering with other applications and programs.
- It could be due to new updates and features.
- Expired cookies, cache, and toolbars from third parties.
- Not clearing the cache.
- Out-of-date web browser.
- Installed superfluous browser extensions, fresh updates, etc.
Now that you know some of the reasons why Facebook is loading slowly, the next phase is to proffer a solution to it.
Let’s go ahead with how to fix Facebook loading slowly in this step-by-step guide.
How to Fix Facebook Loading Slowly
Following the steps below and executing them will help you fix your Facebook app that is loading so slowly.
Check the Internet Connection and Speed
This is the first thing to do when you are experiencing loading issues. To access Facebook, you need to be connected to the internet.
To use Facebook, you must first verify that you have stable internet access. If Facebook loads slowly, your internet speed must be faster.
Any potential issues with your WiFi or router can be resolved by restarting them. Hence, ensure that you have an online connection.
Disable the Facebook App Data Saver
When you are running low on mobile data, the Facebook app has a data saver feature that can be useful. Nevertheless, because this function limits how much data the program may consume, you might notice that Facebook takes a while to load. Follow the steps below to turn off the data saver in the Facebook app:
- Launch the Facebook app on your Android or iPhone.
- To access the App menu, click on the three horizontal lines in the top right corner.
- Choose Settings under Settings & Privacy.
- Tap on Media from the Preferences menu, then select Optimized from the list that appears.
That’s it! This should fix Facebook loading slowly, if not proceed to the next fix below.
Clear all Cookies
It’s worth noting that website servers store cookies on your computer via a web browser. When you visit the same website again, the web browser sends it back to the web server.
It stores a lot of information about you, and it can accumulate and act like garbage, slowing down the browser.
As a result, clearing cookies can help Facebook load faster. Follow the steps below to clear cookies on Chrome below:
- Click on the three dots in the upper right corner (menu button).
- Navigate to Settings.
- Choose Security and Privacy.
- Continue to Cookies and other site data.
- Select See all site cookies and data.
- Finally, tap on the Remove All option.
That’s it! This should fix Facebook loading slowly, if not, proceed to the next fix.
Clear all Cache or Data
Your smartphone stores data and cache as a result of frequent app use. If you keep using them, it takes up an increasing amount of space.
You can delete the data and the cache to restart Facebook if you ever experience issues with it being slow.
However, there are two distinct steps due to the two different operating systems available, follow the steps below:
For Apple iOS
- Navigate to Settings and Apps.
- Locate Facebook and select it.
- Go to Storage.
- Click on the Clean Data and Clear Cache buttons.
- That’s it!
For Apple iOS
Since there is no option to delete the cache and data in iOS, the only alternative we have is to delete and reinstall the Facebook app.
Use the Most-recent Web Browser
As earlier stated, using an old web browser can make things more difficult for you. Therefore, you will have the advantage and may not experience any issues, such as Facebook loading slowly, if you use the latest version of the web browser.
Disable Toolbars and Extensions
Your browser will load more quickly if you disable all unnecessary add-ons and toolbars. Follow the steps below to disable or turn off extensions in Google Chrome:
- Open the Chrome browser, then type chrome:/extensions/ into the address bar.
- Click on the Remove button to remove every unnecessary extension.
Recommended: How to Fix Chrome Plugin Won’t Open
Change your Browser
Sometimes the app or website is fine, but the browser is the problem. For instance, if your browser is having some loading issues, you may try using another browser like Opera, Microsoft Edge, or Mozilla Firefox to see if it helps.
In addition, Mozilla Firefox reportedly runs Facebook more smoothly than Google Chrome; be sure to give it a shot!
Clean Registry Error using CCleaner
The popular app CCleaner can be used to clean up registry and cache issues. It has long been a dependable app.
It is a very trustworthy program that can delete invalid path references from the system registry. Not only that but removing the software from your computer or mobile device and deleting the app also helps.
CCleaner’s alternatives are numerous. One of them may be used. Here’s how to clean registry errors using CCleaner:
- Download the CCleaner app.
- On the left, click on the Registry icon.
- Choose the registry clean items that you want CCleaner to scan.
- Now, click on scan for issues.
- Choose the fix selected issues option.
- There will be a prompt displayed, Choose YES.
Cleaning registry errors using CCleaner should help fix Facebook loading slowly.
Check if there’s Facebook Downtime
The Facebook data centres could be offline due to routine maintenance. By visiting this page, you may check Facebook’s server activity online to see if the server is up and running or not. You can visit any of these websites: https://downdetector.com or https://www.isitdownrightnow.com.
Checking Facebook’s @facebookapp official Twitter account is an additional option. Facebook never fails to keep its users informed. As Facebook experiences server disruptions, other users also tweet. The most popular hashtag for this purpose is #facebookdown. Therefore, server outages could be a real factor in Facebook’s loading slowly problem.
We will be happy to hear from you if any of the aforementioned solutions worked for you. Please feel free to comment below with your thoughts.