Before you can successfully connect Bluetooth headphones to Vizio smart TV, you need to know if your TV is Bluetooth-enabled or not since some TVs don’t have this feature. Check your Vizio user manual if your TV has Bluetooth built-in or not. Read on as we guide you through how to connect Bluetooth headphones to Vizio TV.
In case your Vizio TV sound is not working perfectly or you want to minimize the external sound coming from your TV, or you don’t want to blast the volume, then connecting your headphones to Vizio smart TV will provide an optimum audio experience for you once your TV has the built-in Bluetooth feature.
Are you worried about how to connect Bluetooth headphones to Vizio TV and how the 2 devices will be discoverable? Well, you don’t have to be! Although it’s very common to encounter some issues when pairing Vizio TV to your Bluetooth headphones, the outlined steps in this post will guide you through the easy process.
Now, let’s dive into the process of Vizio TV and Bluetooth headphones pairing whether you have a TV with built-in Bluetooth capabilities or not.
How to Connect Bluetooth Headphones to Vizio Smart TV
Connecting Bluetooth headphones to Vizio smart TV is very straightforward once your TV is Bluetooth enabled. Follow the steps below to connect Bluetooth headphones to Vizio TV:
- Ensure that the Bluetooth headphones and Vizio TV are placed within a range of 30 feet.
- Press and hold the Bluetooth button to get your headphones into Pairing Mode.
- The pairing process is slightly different depending on the model of headphones you have (You can refer to its user manual for further for more details).
- Using your Vizio Remote, go to your TV’s Settings Menu to enable your headphones and TV to pair successfully.
- While in the Settings Menu, select the option Sound Output >> Speaker List >> Search & Select your Bluetooth Headphone’s name.
- Once you can locate your Bluetooth headphone from the list, click on Pair and Connect. You will get a beep sound notifying you that the two devices have been paired successfully.
- Now you can hear the sound of your Vizio TV from your Bluetooth headphone without any interference.
Note that the Settings Menu varies in different TV models. Always check your Vizio user manual for more details. You can also adjust the volume directly using your Vizio Remote.
Recommended: How to connect headphones to iPad
How to Connect Bluetooth Headphones to Vizio TV without built-in Bluetooth feature
Even when your Vizio TV doesn’t have Bluetooth Technology, you can still connect your Bluetooth headphones to it. After checking your TV’s Settings and Manual, and you are certain your TV doesn’t have Bluetooth, then you can go ahead to get an adapter.
To connect Bluetooth headphones to Vizio TV without the built-in Bluetooth, ensure you buy a quality Bluetooth transmitter for your Vizio TV. These transmitters allow your TV to connect to a non-Bluetooth device (in this case, your Vizio TV) to a Bluetooth-enabled device (Bluetooth headphones).
In other words, transmitters are devices that were designed to allow transmission of audio from Source A to Source B, without the 2 devices compulsorily Bluetooth-enabled.
Ensure your Vizio TV is compatible with the Bluetooth transmitter you choose. To connect Bluetooth headphones to your Vizio TV, it will require some form of audio output such as a 3.5mm auxiliary cord connection, digital optical outputs (TOSLINK or SPDIF), and RCA outputs (Red/White). Once you have all these present, then connecting Bluetooth headphones to Vizio Smart TV will be very easy.
The following are steps on how to pair your Vizio smart TV to the Bluetooth transmitter.
- The first thing to do is to turn off all devices such as Bluetooth headphones, adapter, and Vizio TV itself.
- Turn on the Bluetooth adapter and attach it to your Vizio TV.
- You can now turn on your headphones and the Vizio TV itself.
- Follow the Adapter pairing steps (Your Vizio TV’s Bluetooth should come with its pairing steps).
- Make sure that you set it to “pairing mode”.
- Also, set your Bluetooth headphones to “pairing mode”.
- Now, follow the on-screen instructions and the direction on both devices’ manuals.
- Place your headphones and the Adapter close to each other until they connect.
- Once they connect successfully, go to your Vizio TV Settings Menu if you are using the Digital Optical connection and change your Digital Audio format to PCM.
- Test your Bluetooth adapter immediately.
- Your Bluetooth adapter for your Vizio TV should begin playing all audio via your Bluetooth headphones.
- In case they didn’t pair successfully, check your manual contact customer support to help you fix the issues.
This is all about how to connect Bluetooth headphones to Vizio smart TV via the Bluetooth adapter or transmitter.
Can’t Connect Bluetooth Headphones to Vizio TV? Try these fixes!
If you can’t connect Bluetooth headphones to Vizio TV, the following may be the cause:
- Your TV’s model might be different from another user’s own.
- The distance between the headphones and your Vizio TV is too far, this may affect the connectivity.
- This implies that you might have to follow different steps when connecting your Bluetooth headphones to your Vizio.
- The user manual can guide you through these steps.
Always ensure you read the manual before pairing your Vizio TV with Bluetooth headphones.
Connecting your Bluetooth headphones to your Vizio smart TV can save you from blasting the entire neighborhood with noisy sounds. You can go ahead to enjoy your favorite music or movie by streaming from your Vizio smart TV to your Bluetooth headphones once you can pair the two devices successfully.
We hope you have been able to connect your Bluetooth headphones to Vizio TV without any hassle. Feel free to drop your comment in the section below.