If you are reading this article I would believe you want to learn how to delete your Paytm account. Meanwhile, you won’t be able to access your Paytm account if closed permanently.
While it’s simple to delete an account on Paytm, Paytm takes no responsibility for your lost fund or fund that are left in your account before you decided to remove your account from the platform.
Therefore, it’s advisable that you take your time to decide whether or not you want to delete your Paytm account. So, here we will discuss in a step-by-step guide how to delete a Paytm account permanently.
Paytm is a digital payment system, e-commerce, and financial service founded in 2010 by Vijay Shekhar Sharma, a businessman. Paytm is one of the online banking services in India that is worth billions in assets and close to $500 million in net revenue.
Note: Before you forge ahead to delete your account on Paytm, kindly take note of the following information because once your account is deleted on Paytm, all your information on Paytm’s database will be erased completely.
- Once you close your Paytm account your phone number will be unlinked and the login username and password will no longer be valid.
- If you choose to transfer your Paytm account balance to another Paytm account or bank account, you must ensure that you have completed the necessary KYC as mandated by the RBI guidelines dated 11th of October 2017.
Please ensure that you understand the RBI guidelines before you decided to transfer your Paytm balance to another Paytm account or bank account so that you don’t lose your money.
How to Remove KYC from Paytm Account
The reason why you want to remove KYC from your Paytm account shouldn’t be because you plan to delete the account. But, if you plan to delete the app from your phone for some time or you have a problem with your Aardhaar card, then, you can go ahead to do that. But if there is a contrary opinion to this, it’s not advisable because KYC is required to unlink your phone and delete your Paytm account.
So, if you have made up your mind to delete your Paytm KYC, you should follow the steps below. It’s quite easy.
- Sign in to your Paytm account with your phone number or email address.
- Click on the “Menu” option to the top left.
- If you have done your KYC there will be a blue icon beside your profile. Now, scroll down and click on Paytm 24×7 Help from the menu option.
- Click on the “Phone Number” on the Paytm help centre.
- You will be prompted to call the selected number. Once a customer care representative responded to your call narrate to the representative that you will love to remove your KYC and state the reason why you want to remove it.
The customer care representative will tell you the way forward. If you can’t remove your KYC from the backend, then, you will be prompted to provide some vital information so that your KYC can be cancelled. Once it’s cancelled you will be asked to complete your KYC when next you want to use the payment system.
How to Transfer Paytm Balance
Do not close your Paytm account if you have a pending balance otherwise, you will not be able to retrieve it or send it to your bank account or another Paytm account. Therefore, if you have determined to delete your Paytm account, first check all pending transactions and ensure that they have all been completed.
But if after your transaction, you still have some pending funds lying in your Paytm account, transferring it to an account you can access either a friend’s Paytm account or your bank account [provided you meet the RBI guidelines] will be the best option.
- Launch the Paytm app on your phone.
- Click on the Sign in button and sign in to your account with your login username and password.
- Click on “Pay Now” to send your Paytm balance to another wallet or bank account.
- Fill in the necessary information of the account you want to transfer the fund to.
- Enter all money in your account and click on the Send button to send it.
Meanwhile, do not quickly proceed to close or delete your Paytm account, wait until you receive a confirmation that the transaction has been completed and confirm from the receiver to confirm that the fund has been deposited.
How to Delete your Paytm Account on the Web or App
You have to make a formal request to Paytm before you can close your account permanently. Meanwhile, this request can be done on the Paytm app or via the official website.
- Go to the Paytm official website on Paytm.com or the mobile app.
- Click on the “Sign In” button to the top right and a pop-up will appear.
- Enter your account information to sign in. This could be your old phone number and select “Proceed Securely.”
- Click on the “Menu” option to the top left.
- Click on “24×7 help” to access where to request a formal takedown of your Paytm account.
- Select “Profile” under Paytm 24×7 help.
- Click on “I need to permanently close/delete my account.”
- You will be prompted to select the reason why you are closing your Paytm account. To delete the account permanently, select the option “I don’t use this Paytm account.”
- Select “Message us” to formally request that your Paytm account be deleted.
Your request will be verified by a Paytm team and your account will be closed. Once it’s successful, you will receive a message that your Paytm account has been deleted. That is how to delete a Paytm account without stress.