Twitch is a platform to go live on the internet with your fans. With Twitch streaming service, you can go live on Facebook, go live on YouTube, go live on Mixer, and other live stream platforms to share ideas with your fans and subscribers. However, most of the live streaming services require a stream key before going live. Twitch is not exempted, OBS is not exempted, and other live streaming services need an activation key called stream key. So, in the case of Twitch, it is called Twitch stream key.
For YouTube, it’s called YouTube stream name/key. However, in our previous post, we have covered how to generate YouTube stream key, so you may want to check it out in case you want to go live with your fans on YouTube.
Also, if you have not gone live for once on Facebook and you will like to go live on Facebook and generate Facebook stream key with server URL, check out this tutorial on how to go live on Facebook and how to generate Facebook stream key.
In the year 2017, it is very easy to find and generate Twitch stream key, however, 2018 has possed a new process due to various update on how to generate the stream key and connect your Twitch with a live streaming platform such as YouTube, Facebook, and others.
How to Find Twitch Stream Key 2018
We are not going to discuss how to set up Twitch or how to stream on Twitch in this article rather, we’d share with you explicitly how to find your stream key if you have already subscribed to any of Twitch plans to stream live online.
If you have chosen your favorite encoder program to be Twitch, here is how to generate the stream key… Here, we’d teach you how to find your stream key using OBS encoder software.
1. Install any encoder software programs such as OBS, XSplit, Mixer etc.
2. Launch the OBS encoder software program and select “Broadcasting Settings” under settings
3. Under “mode” select “Twitch” as your broadcasting service and click on “Optimize”
4. Go to Twitch dashboard and select “Stream Key” to reveal the Twitch stream key special codes
5. Click on “Show” to reveal stream key and copy and paste the stream key into the stream encoder key box.
The moment you clicked on “Show”, the streaming service will reveal your Twitch stream key so that you can copy it and paste it into your favorite live streaming software.
How to Find Twitch Stream Key on Twitch.tv
You can also find the Twitch stream key without using a third-party encoder software such as OBS software program. However, if you enjoy streaming on your PC and on Android or iOS devices, you can copy the stream key from twitch.tv website.
1. Log into your Twitch.tv account
2. Click on your “Username” and click on “Dashboard” from the drop meu
3. Click on “Stream Key” under “Settings” and click on “Show key” to reveal your account stream key or go to “https://www.twitch.tv/username/dashboard/settings/streamkey”
Note: Do not forget to replace username with your Twitch.tv username
4. Highlight to copy the code under “Stream Key” and paste it into your encoder software to go live.
This is how to find Twitch stream key in 2018. A lot has changed in Twitch settings, however, with this guide, you can still your Twitch key and use it with your broadcasting software. Always endeavor to keep your stream key private so that unauthorized person will not be able to use your stream key to go live. However, if this has happened, click on reset to reset Twitch key and create a new Twitch key.