Have you been having trouble with your LG microwave not heating up? You don’t have to worry much. If the Microwave still works but jot heating up, you have little to known issues with your Microwave. You just need to make sure that you read this article to learn about what might be the cause and how to resolve it.
With your Microwave, you don’t have to do the cooking at all times. All you need to do is cook once, preserve it in your freezer and microwave it whenever you want to eat it. However, if the microwave isn’t heating up, it could mean that you have to warm the food using your cooker instead of Microwave.
The microwave is one of the gadgets used daily, and it can be frustrating if it does not function as expected.
The LG microwave is known to be reliable, but it can also experience issues like the LG microwave not heating or microwave not turning on. When this occurs, the next step will be to look for how to fix it because the microwave is an essential home appliance.
It would help if you read through this article to learn the possible reason for your LG microwave not heating up and how to resolve it.
Why is the LG Microwave not Heating?
There are various reasons why the LG microwave might not be heating up, and thankfully the microwave is designed so that you would most likely see an error code on the microwave that can help you quickly diagnose possible reasons for the LG microwave not heating.
Recommended: Microwave Error Codes you should Know.
Some of the commonly reported reason for the LG microwave not heating includes:
- Inadequate power supply.
- The microwave door is not correctly closed.
- One of the sensors is sensing an error.
If your microwave is not heating and shows an error code, you might wonder what the code means.
Below are the error codes that might appear on your LG microwave.
- Door: This error code means that your microwave door is not entirely closed due to an obstruction. You can open the door to remove the obstruction and then close the door to resolving the error.
- F1: This code means that there is either no heat in the microwave or the thermistor is sensing an error.
- F2: This error occurs after you have started cooking in the microwave for about 10 seconds and there is still no heat.
- F3: This error occurs when the microwave thermistor temperature does not reduce when the cooking has ended.
- F4: This error code will appear when the humidity sensor senses an error.
- F5: This error code will appear when the damper switch senses an error.
You can also check out 10 Fixes for your GE Microwave not Heating
How to Fix LG Microwave Not Heating
Suppose your LG microwave is not heating, and there is no error code on the panel to signify a specific issue as the reason for the LG microwave not heating. In that case, you can use the troubleshooting method below to resolve it.
- Put a microwave-suitable item like a bowl or mug filled with water inside the microwave.
- Then depending on your LG microwave model, press the Clear/Off or Reset button to clear the microwave keypad.
- Press the cook button and enter 60 seconds.
- When the 60 seconds have elapsed, check the water to see if it is heated.
However, if your LG microwave is not heating and you can see an error code showing on the microwave panel, the solution to clear the error code is to reset the microwave.
How to Reset a Microwave
Follow the instruction below to reset your LG microwave.
- Unplug the microwave from the power source or trip the circuit breaker to cut the power supply from the microwave.
- Then leave the microwave unplugged for about 10 to 15 seconds.
- Then plug the microwave back into its power source.
- Then put a suitable microwave cup with water in the microwave and set a 30 seconds cook time.
- After 30 seconds, check to see if the water has heated.
If the error code persists, then you would have to visit the request a repair page for further assistance.
New LG Microwave Not Heating
If you recently purchased a new LG microwave and found out that it is not heating, ensure you check that it has sufficient power supply because if the power supply is low, the microwave might not heat or take a long time before heating.
If you have confirmed that it is not heating because of an insufficient power supply, then you can resolve it by following the instructions below.
- Put a microwave-suitable bowl or cup filled with water inside the microwave.
- Then click on the Clear/Off or Reset button to clear the microwave keypad.
- Then press the Cook button and set the time to 60 seconds.
- Once the 60 seconds have elapsed, bring out the bowl or cup from the microwave to check that the water is heated.
LG Microwave Not Heating and Making Clicking Sound
If your microwave is not heating and making a clicking sound, it probably means that the magnetron in the microwave is defective and needs to be replaced.
However, it is advised that you do not attempt to replace it yourself to avoid electrocution. You can request a repair from the LG page or reach out to a professional in your locality.
LG Microwave not Heating But Runs
If your microwave is not heating but running, you might have to check that you did not accidentally turn on the timer button instead of the cook button, as the timer button will not cook your food; it only helps to count down the time.
You should also check that the microwave door is shut correctly with nothing obstructing it because the microwave will not start heating until its door is shut.
LG Microwave Diagnostics
To ensure easy and efficient diagnoses of issues with your LG appliances like the microwave, LG has provided the smart diagnostics app that you can download from the Google play store or the Apple app store.
The smart diagnostics app contains valuable information on using and managing your microwave and other LG appliances to ensure they perform in their optimal states.
It also uses the latest technology to help you troubleshoot your problems and also quickly and efficiently give you answers to your questions.
How to Reset LG Microwave
If you have been seeing error codes on your microwave when attempting to use the microwave, then the best approach to resolve the error is to reset the microwave.
Follow the steps highlighted below to reset the LG microwave.
- Disconnect the microwave from the power supply.
- Then wait 10 to 15 seconds, and reconnect the microwave to the power supply.
- After that, place a microwave-safe cup filled with water in the microwave and set the cook time to 30 seconds.
- Check to see if the water has heated after 30 seconds.
This article has discussed the possible reasons for the LG microwave not heating and how you can resolve them.
However, apart from resetting the microwave and using the basic troubleshooting methods in this article, do not attempt to replace any part of the microwave yourself, as it can be quite dangerous.
Reach out to the LG customer support center to request a repair or reach out to a technical professional in your locality.