Your Hisense TV just suddenly went blank. No visible background display or picture and you can still hear sound from what’s playing underground, even when changing channels and you are confused? Look no further because, in this article, we will be exposing you to various steps on how to fix sound but no picture on Hisense TV.
Is your Hisense TV not showing pictures/images on the screen (this is known as the Black Screen of Death, it’s a serious issue that affects a lot of LCD TVs), one very common cause of this is faulty T-Con board. This article is focusing on how you can fix sound but no picture problem on Hisense TV.
A major reason for occasional sound but no picture issues on Hisense TV may vary greatly. The T-CON board might be faulty, or there might be an interruption in the power supply, and so on. As much as it is difficult to detect what the actual cause is, there are some general methods to try to get a lasting solution.
Here are some common solutions to resolve the issue:
Turn Your Hisense TV On and Off
The term referred to as turning on and off your TV set can be defined as Power cycling. This is an effective method for resolving major technical issues. This method clears any existing cache or memory that might disturb your TV processes causing malfunctions ranging from lagging screens to black screens.
Here is how you can perform an effective power cycle, follow the steps below:
- Switch off the TV completely from the power supply.
- Remove your cable box.
- For 30 seconds, long-press the manual power button.
- Then wait for 3 to 5 minutes.
- Connect the wires back to the power outlet.
- Switch on your TV.
Your Hisense TV has successfully been power cycled. A power cycle completely allows the TV to start afresh. This helps remove any kind of power interruptions that may cause Hisense TV sound but no picture. If this method doesn’t solve the issue, try the next step.
T-CON Board Should be Replaced
A T-CON board also known as a ‘Controller board’ has several functions, all related to TFT panels. As far as this problem is concerned, T-CON is used for powering the resolutions and building panel voltages.
Let’s make this simpler because these may sound complicated to you. Where issues related to displays are concerned, T-CON boards have a major role to play in it. You might have to seek a professional’s assistance in observing your TV’s T-CON board and replace it if need be.
Inspect the HDMI Cables
In a scenario where the video input doesn’t appear on the screen, check out the cables. Any loose connections will need to be fixed to resolve this issue with your Hisense TV.
If there are no loose connections and there’s still no video input, then try connecting the HDMI cables to a different port. Hisense TV usually consists of more than four HDMI ports.
Backlights Might Be Burnt
Hisense TV sound but no picture is a common problem associated with damaged or malfunctioning backlight. Check out if this is the case by following the steps below:
- Switch on your TV and play any content.
- Turn off all lights in the room where you placed the TV.
- Put on a flashlight on your screen and check if you can see the content picture.
- There’s an indication of a damaged backlight if the picture is visible with the flashlight.
Different possible reasons for this backlight malfunction could range from burned-out LEDs to a short circuit (It’s also called backlight filter). If you have found the cause, all you need to do is replace the backlights. You can easily get this service from an experienced electrical shop.
Set Up the Picture Mode
At times, the malfunction might have altered something in the picture settings of the TV. When this happens, try switching between the various picture modes and look for any possible changes.
Not sure of your settings? You can reset the picture mode to default. Many users have benefitted from this solution because it is effective.
Here is how to set your TV to picture mode;
- Go to the ‘Home button’ on your Hisense TV remote.
- It will show the home screen.
- Go to ‘settings’ then click on it.
- Choose ‘Device preferences’ on Settings options
- Press ‘Pictures’ and ‘OK’ to authorize your selection.
- Select the ‘down arrow’ and press ‘Reset to default.’
- Select ‘Yes’ to proceed with the reset.
The above steps will set your picture to its default settings.
Fix Sound But No Picture On Hisense TV
This last method should restore the original state of your television set. This method will clear all data that you may have saved on your TV. It might be passwords, usernames, or email addresses. However, we recommend you follow this method only when you have no options left.
Here are the steps to reset your Hisense TV to its original version;
- Select the ‘Home button’ on your Hisense TV remote.
- The home screen opens.
- Go to the “Settings icon” at the top screen.
- Select ‘OK’ on the remote and scroll down to select the ‘Reset’ option.
- After selecting the “Reset option”, select ‘Erase everything.
- Your TV will reset and you can restart it shortly.
One of the different steps listed above should fix the sound but no picture issue on Hisense TV.