It takes $9.99 per month for regular Apple music subscriber to stay connected a month, $14.99 per month for Apple Music family plan, and $4.99 per month for students subscribers and $99 per annum. These plans come after Apple 3-months free trial (official). To start the free trial you need to add your credit card information such as card number, expiry date, and CVV information at the back of your card. However, if you do not want to be charged after your free trial grace you “MUST” cancel the plan you subscribed to. Therefore, in this guide, we’ll share with you “how to cancel Apple Music” subscription before the end of the active plan or free trial time.
Table of Contents
Apple Musc Free Trial
You can enjoy the Apple Music free trial up to 6 months and cancel the subscription before you are charged. With this, not even a cent will be deducted from your account.
Officially, you can enjoy Apple Music free trial for 3 months. But, there is a trick to extend the free trial to 6 months.
- Download and install Shazam for iOS.
- Open the “Shazam” app and identify any song that is currently playing on your iPhone.
- The song will be added to your “Shazam” library automatically”.
- Open “Apple Music” by clicking on the “Apple Logo”.
- When the “Promotion” appears it brings a different free-trial period. Some 4 months and some 6 months. If you are lucky, you will be asked to start the 6 months free trial.
- Click “Try it Free” from the popup.
- You will be redirected to the Apple Music free trial redemption code filled screen.
- That is it.
However, the free trial period might drop from 6 months to 4 months.
How to Cancel Apple Music Subscription
Here is how to unsubscribe from Apple Music on iPhone.
- Tap on the “App Store” on your iPhone.
- Click on your “Apple ID Profile” located on the top right.
- Select “Manage Subscriptions” from the drop menu.
- Scroll down to “Active Subscriptions” and click on ” Apple Music Membership.
- Tap on “Cancel Subscription”.
- Click “Confirm” from the “Confirm “Cancellation” pop up.
The Apple Music Membership will be terminated. However, your subscription will remain active until the end of the plan.
Unsubscribe from Apple Music on Mac
iTunes makes it easy to unsubscribe from Apple Music on Mac computer.
- Launch the iTunes software on your Mac computer.
- Go to the “Menu” bar and click on “Account”.
- Click on “View my Account”.
- Login to your “Apple Music” account with your Apple ID and password.
- Scroll down to “Subscription”.
- Click on “Manage”.
- Go to “Apple Music Subscription” and click on the “Edit” button.
- Click on “Cancel Subscription”.
- Confirm that you want to cancel your active subscription.
All active subscription will remain active until the end of the plan. However, follow the above steps you can upgrade from students subscriptions to a family subscription and vice-versa.